Your Favorite Casseroles

balshan

Mentally wrong? Because they are so cute? :) I guess it is like some eating horsemeat...seems somehow "wrong" to eat an animal that arguably was man's best friend, even more than the dog. :)
I must admit I didn't like the flavour and the picture in my head was wrong. This is how one person describes it:

I would say that kangaroo tastes like a cross between venison and buffalo meat. It has a wonderful gamey taste that adds a lot of flavor without being overpowering…

I would have to differ I found it overpowering flavour.

Oh Bonnie I know howwwww much you will lambacon. ;)

Bonnie

I must admit I didn't like the flavour and the picture in my head was wrong. This is how one person describes it:

I would say that kangaroo tastes like a cross between venison and buffalo meat. It has a wonderful gamey taste that adds a lot of flavor without being overpowering…

I would have to differ I found it overpowering flavour.

Oh Bonnie I know howwwww much you will lambacon. ;)
I do NOT like gamey taste in the meat I eat. It's why I don't like lamb, though oddly enough, I have eaten mutton that was much milder in flavor. Same with goat.

balshan

I do NOT like gamey taste in the meat I eat. It's why I don't like lamb, though oddly enough, I have eaten mutton that was much milder in flavor. Same with goat.
Roo and lamb have a totally different tastes. Lamb is best cooked long and slow like the Greeks do it. I cannot remember mutton, I have eaten as a child and I have never eaten goat.

Bonnie

I have had mutton in Indian food, where it has been long simmered in a sauce. I had goat once in San Antonio, TX, years and years ago, at a Mexican restaurant. It actually tasted pretty good and wasn't gamy at all. I think it was slow cooked as well.

balshan

I have had mutton in Indian food, where it has been long simmered in a sauce. I had goat once in San Antonio, TX, years and years ago, at a Mexican restaurant. It actually tasted pretty good and wasn't gamy at all. I think it was slow cooked as well.
I prefer lamb slowed cooked that is how the Greeks cook lamb. It is tender and tasty. Roo has to be cooked quickly. It is very lean.