your reasons for rejecting Jesus.

SteveB

Over the years, I've posted this topic before, as WiF, and Nouveau/space monkey/ewok death cult will tell you.
Temujin thinks he's "giving me the courtesy" of explaining to me why none of you believe us/me.

People such as Bob C, Authentic Nouveau, myself, and others are acutely aware that you're never going to believe us.

We're not really bothered by you're choosing what you want. It's your life, and everyone has been given the right, by God, to live however they want..... even if that means you destroy yourself.

We who follow Jesus have been tasked with presenting you with the wisdom, and information so you may make your own choice of where you want to spend your eternity.

You don't have to believe us for it to be the truth. God has made it pretty clear that he's not going to force you, or present you with evidence so overwhelming that you just HAVE To submit. that's not how he works. He gives you a choice, and you have to use that choice yourself.

God has further provided the wherewithal for you to find out for yourself, should you choose to.

We're not asking you to join an institutional social club, which has abusive members.
We're not after your money.

You're being invited to become sons and daughters of God, by adoption.

So, you can indeed offer a thousand reasons why you're rather spend your eternity in the lake of fire, instead of a paradise designed explicitly with you in mind.

It's a choice.

Just remember--- you're on a website dedicated entirely to giving reasons why we have come to Jesus, and why/how you may too.

Over the years, I've posted this topic before, as WiF, and Nouveau/space monkey/ewok death cult will tell you.
Temujin thinks he's "giving me the courtesy" of explaining to me why none of you believe us/me.

People such as Bob C, Authentic Nouveau, myself, and others are acutely aware that you're never going to believe us.

We're not really bothered by you're choosing what you want. It's your life, and everyone has been given the right, by God, to live however they want..... even if that means you destroy yourself.

We who follow Jesus have been tasked with presenting you with the wisdom, and information so you may make your own choice of where you want to spend your eternity.

You don't have to believe us for it to be the truth. God has made it pretty clear that he's not going to force you, or present you with evidence so overwhelming that you just HAVE To submit. that's not how he works. He gives you a choice, and you have to use that choice yourself.

God has further provided the wherewithal for you to find out for yourself, should you choose to.

We're not asking you to join an institutional social club, which has abusive members.

So, you can indeed offer a thousand reasons why you're rather spend your eternity in the lake of fire, instead of a paradise designed explicitly with you in mind.

It's a choice.

Just remember--- you're on a website dedicated entirely to giving reasons why we have come to Jesus, and why/how you may too.
I reject Jesus because He is immoral and, unlike yourself, I will not and cannot glorify immorality - not even to save my own skin

Integrity, it's a bitch sometimes

Not true. If you can prove any of this is real I will accept Jesus. If God appears tomorrow and parts the Red Sea on CNN while scientists evaluate and test everything then I'll become a Christian on the spot.

We reject Jesus for the same reason you reject Allah and Lord Shiva. There is no evidence to prove they are real.

Of 10,000 gods man has claimed to be real you reject 9,999 of them. We just reject one more :)

Not true. If you can prove any of this is real I will accept Jesus. If God appears tomorrow and parts the Red Sea on CNN while scientists evaluate and test everything then I'll become a Christian on the spot.

We reject Jesus for the same reason you reject Allah and Lord Shiva. There is no evidence to prove they are real.

Of 10,000 gods man has claimed to be real you reject 9,999 of them. We just reject one more :)
When you say that would accept Jesus upon being presented with irrefutable proof that the god of scripture is 100% real and true - do you mean to say that you would well and truly love Him despite the many horrifically immoral things that He has done?

CrowCross

I would say the default mode is not choosing Jesus Christ. The reason would be, they can't choose Jesus Christ.

They can understand Christian theology but not accept it because the Father has not granted them the ability to actually receive it. John 6:65.

A Christian may present the gospel as a means of salvation...as it is just one of the means in which God uses to regenerate a person.

There is no choice to accept or reject Jesus Christ as a choice is based upon life experience. In other words if you choose Jesus Christ or reject Jesus Christ you filter the gospel through the bias of your life experience. Through lifes happenstance.

Ones salvation isn't based upon that method of soteriology...for example...a person may have been taught that the bible is chocked full of error, a collection of myths etc. and believed it. When they go through life with this opinion of the bible they will filter the sacrificial atonement of Christ on the cross as error or myth. Salvation is not based upon your life experience.

So, how do you choose Jesus? You don't. Jesus chooses you. He changes your mind. He opens your heart and regenerates you.

CrowCross

You reject Jesus because you don't have the ability to choose Jesus.

Perhaps one of these days the Father will use one of these post....or some other means...to change your heart and save you. Until then you will remain under judgement.

CrowCross

When you say that would accept Jesus upon being presented with irrefutable proof that the god of scripture is 100% real and true - do you mean to say that you would well and truly love Him despite the many horrifically immoral things that He has done?
Keep in mind what you consider as horrifically immoral things...is your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Keep in mind what you consider as horrifically immoral things...is your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.
Nope, it's OUR opinion
YOU share in the same basic human decency that I do, Crow
It's the same basic decency that most every human being on earth holds dear

For example, you would never murder me for not believing in God because you know that such a thing is immoral and evil
God, however, commanded His followers to do this very thing

Speaking of immoral and evil, if no one comes to God unless and until God chooses for him or her to choose Him then this means that every human being who burns in Hell never had a snowball's chance in hell of escaping Hell and God, Himself, is an almost inconceivably evil and abhorrent monster who creates human beings to live on earth for the blink of an eye and then spend an eternity in unimaginable anguish and torment

CrowCross

Nope, it's OUR opinion

I'll agree with that..it's your groups opinion.
YOU share in the same basic human decency that I do, Crow
It's the same basic decency that most every human being on earth holds dear

Perhaps, but lets move on to your spin
For example, you would never murder me for not believing in God because you know that such a thing is immoral and evil

I would agree.
God, however, commanded His followers to do this very thing

It was a bit more than that. You can add idolatry, pollution of Gods choosen as well as their bloodline which was to bring about Jesus. There's more to the list....do you have the ability to understand the point? How about judgement?
Speaking of immoral and evil, if no one comes to God unless and until God chooses for him or her to choose Him then this means that every human being who burns in Hell never had a snowball's chance in hell of escaping Hell and God, Himself, is an almost inconceivably evil and abhorrent monster who creates human beings to live on earth for the blink of an eye and then spend an eternity in unimaginable anguish and torment

Kind of a weird spin. Do you know all people deserve hell? Do you know no one deserves salvation? Do you know all of human kind is dammed?

God doesn't have to save anyone. All of human kind has sinned against a thrice Holy God. But, what you call an abhorrent monster has a plan of salvation. But, feel free to mock the plan.

So you're no longer an atheist?
How do you figure?

I was pointing out to Crow that God calls moral that which you and I and Crow call immoral

We know that killing a human being for the "crime" of faithlessness is immoral
God didn't know this - or did and just didn't give a damn...

I'll agree with that..it's your groups opinion.

Perhaps, but lets move on to your spin

I would agree.

It was a bit more than that. You can add idolatry, pollution of Gods choosen as well as their bloodline which was to bring about Jesus. There's more to the list....do you have the ability to understand the point? How about judgement?

Kind of a weird spin. Do you know all people deserve hell? Do you know no one deserves salvation? Do you know all of human kind is dammed?

God doesn't have to save anyone. All of human kind has sinned against a thrice Holy God. But, what you call an abhorrent monster has a plan of salvation. But, feel free to mock the plan.
I know that God lied to you and said that all people deserve Hell
I also know that you fell for His lie

His plan of salvation is to save some, but what of those that He doesn't choose to choose Him?

Why do you give Him a pass and praise Him for saving you when He callously and immorally creates other of your neighbors destined for Hell?

Whatsisface

It's a choice.

So you say.

CrowCross

I know that God lied to you and said that all people deserve Hell

We can start with Romans 3:23...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Does not the bible teach the wages of sin is death? I'll find the verse for you if you like.
I also know that you fell for His lie
Your entitled to believe that.

His plan of salvation is to save some, but what of those that He doesn't choose to choose Him?

That seems to be your problem
Why do you give Him a pass and praise Him for saving you when He callously and immorally creates other of your neighbors destined for Hell?

Human kind is a fallen race. What do you do with your sins?

Whatsisface

I would say the default mode is not choosing Jesus Christ. The reason would be, they can't choose Jesus Christ.
The OP disagrees with you. The message can't be clear, else you'd all agree.