your reasons for rejecting Jesus.

SteveB

I don't reject Jesus; I reject the very idea that Jesus is offering anything. As far as I can tell, Jesus was an itinerant rabbi from FIrst Century Palestine who was baptised, and later crucified. And that's it.

I don't reject "millions of dollars" from "Nigerian princes"; I reject the very idea that the prince - or the million dollars - exists at all.
Ah, false equivalency.

Ok.
That makes sense.

Do you think that by believing false ideas, that will justify you?

Eightcrackers

Ah, false equivalency.

Ok.
That makes sense.

Do you think that by believing false ideas, that will justify you?
No, because I also do not believe that I need to be justified, in the way you mean.

Do you think atheists think "if I don't believe in hell, I'll get out of going there"?

SteveB

No, because I also do not believe that I need to be justified, in the way you mean.

Do you think atheists think "if I don't believe in hell, I'll get out of going there"?
So as long as you believe that, do you think that it'll prevent you from experiencing the consequences for your choices?

Eightcrackers

So as long as you believe that, do you think that it'll prevent you from experiencing the consequences for your choices?
I do not think my lack of belief in the consequences is what will prevent me from experiencing them.
I think the lack of consequences is what will do that.

You cannot seem to put yourself into the atheist mindset - we don't reject hell in an effort to avoid it.

Mr Laurier

Lets look at my choices...
-Being faithful to my girlfriend.
-Being sensible about what I eat.
-Avoiding stupid activities that carry high risk of harm to myself or others.
-Not going out of my way to alienate my neighbors.
Please list the consequences of these choices.

SteveB

Lets look at my choices...
-Being faithful to my girlfriend.
-Being sensible about what I eat.
-Avoiding stupid activities that carry high risk of harm to myself or others.
-Not going out of my way to alienate my neighbors.
Please list the consequences of these choices.
Ignoring things that are important because you don't think they matter is also a choice.

SteveB

I do not think my lack of belief in the consequences is what will prevent me from experiencing them.
I think the lack of consequences is what will do that.
So it is your belief that as long as you don't believe, you'll escape the consequences of your unbelief.

You cannot seem to put yourself into the atheist mindset - we don't reject hell in an effort to avoid it.
Oh, I've understood the atheist mindset for several decades now.
I simply see it from a more comprehensive perspective.

Eightcrackers

So it is your belief that as long as you don't believe, you'll escape the consequences of your unbelief.
No - if I don't believe, and I'm wrong, I will be going there.
I don't know what point you're trying to make.
Oh, I've understood the atheist mindset for several decades now.
The fact that you think we reject hell solely in an effort to avoid it shows that you understand the sqaure root of jack **** about the atheist mindset.
I simply see it from a more comprehensive perspective.
The Bible tells you things about atheists, and you believe it, instead of what we tell you about ourselves.

Last edited:

SteveB

No - if I don't believe, and I'm wrong, I will be going there.
I don't know what point you're trying to make.
Pity that you are deliberately choosing your death when YHVH is placing life before you and offering to give you the wherewithal to actually know him.

The fact that you think we reject hell solely in an effort to avoid it shows that you understand the sqaure root of jack **** about the atheist mindset.
I find myself wondering the something similar about atheists.

The Bible tells you things about atheists, and you believe it, instead of what we tell you about ourselves.
Because you spend so much effort trying to justify yourself instead of simply coming to Jesus and believing him.

Eightcrackers

Pity that you are deliberately choosing your death when YHVH is placing life before you and offering to give you the wherewithal to actually know him.
Completely wrong - it is not possible to deliberately choose something you don't believe in.
Because you spend so much effort trying to justify yourself instead of simply coming to Jesus and believing him.
"I don't believe what atheists say about themselves because they won't come to Jesus."

Lunacy.

SteveB

Completely wrong - it is not possible to deliberately choose something you don't believe in.
Uh huh.... riiiight!

Tell that to drug addicts and alcoholics who destroy their lives.

"I don't believe what atheists say about themselves because they won't come to Jesus."

Lunacy.
That's exactly what the bible says about atheists.

"Professing themselves to be wise, they become fools."

You're really good at this.

Did you learn that in those how to be an atheist courses you took? Or is this an organically developed mindset?

Eightcrackers

Uh huh.... riiiight!

Tell that to drug addicts and alcoholics who destroy their lives.
It is not possible to deliberately choose something you don't believe exists, Steve.
When people take drugs, they believe that these drugs exist.
Did you learn that in those how to be an atheist courses you took? Or is this an organically developed mindset?
Projection - just because you have a book that tells you what to think, don't paint everybody else with that brush.

Last edited: