your reasons for rejecting Jesus.

ferengi

"I have NEVER perpetrated immorality that comes anywhere close to the level as that stemming from the god that you believe in as described by the holy book that you allege said god to have authored and authorized as an accurate account of his nature and actions..."
Prove it - grow up tp

CrowCross

God is the only violator in your world view, Crow!

According to you, God creates man

Some He creates destined to choose Him
Some He creates destined not to choose Him

Those that He chose to choose Him, He rewards
Those that He chose to not choose Him, He punishes

THIS IS NOT JUSTICE
THIS IS EVIL
PURE EVIL

Have I ever told a lie?
Sure
This has already been explained to you.

SeventhDay

God created all and God chooses all of us and that even includes you who has forgotten God who has shown you that he exists. Sad! God will have to give you a new heart and mind to break down your resistance and you can not hinder God!

God has his work cut out for him!

Cut!

Cut!

Cut!

Three strikes and you are in! :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay

treeplanter

Cling to whatever "explanation" allows you to sleep at night, but deep down inside you will always know that God is immoral because He creates some destined for Heaven and others destined for Hell

Such a thing is an effrontery to your very being as a basically good and decent human

SteveB

I would say the default mode is not choosing Jesus Christ. The reason would be, they can't choose Jesus Christ.
hmm.....
So, Jesus' command to repent and believe the gospel is a lie?
From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
Just how does that work in your mind?

They can understand Christian theology but not accept it because the Father has not granted them the ability to actually receive it. John 6:65.
Indeed..... which begs the question---- why we are commanded to repent, and believe the gospel if it's not possible for someone to make the choice?

Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

“Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.

“Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,

“but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

Seems to me that according to these, and other passages, we can choose.
I'm not saying what Jesus said was wrong, I find it curious that we'd be commanded to choose, if choice was not possible.

A Christian may present the gospel as a means of salvation...as it is just one of the means in which God uses to regenerate a person.
so, there's other means by which we may be saved?
Oh, by all means.... I'm all eyes.... describe away!

There is no choice to accept or reject Jesus Christ as a choice is based upon life experience. In other words if you choose Jesus Christ or reject Jesus Christ you filter the gospel through the bias of your life experience. Through lifes happenstance.

Yet, you can plainly read that we're commanded to repent, and believe the gospel.

Ones salvation isn't based upon that method of soteriology...for example...a person may have been taught that the bible is chocked full of error, a collection of myths etc. and believed it. When they go through life with this opinion of the bible they will filter the sacrificial atonement of Christ on the cross as error or myth. Salvation is not based upon your life experience.
I don't know anyone who says salvation is based on life's experiences. Salvation is based on God's Grace, through faith. It's a gift.

Where in the world did you pull this tripe from?

So, how do you choose Jesus? You don't. Jesus chooses you. He changes your mind. He opens your heart and regenerates you.

stiggy wiggy

No, I do not

Do you really need for me to alter the following assertion

"I have NEVER perpetrated immorality that comes anywhere close to the level as that stemming from God..."

to

"I have NEVER perpetrated immorality that comes anywhere close to the level as that stemming from the god that you believe in as described by the holy book that you allege said god to have authored and authorized as an accurate account of his nature and actions..."
So all your whining about God would be similar to me whining about Mr. Freeze freezing people. But I don't believe in Mr. Freeze, so why would I be as stupid?

Last edited:

SeventhDay

hmm.....
From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Indeed..... which begs the question---- why we are commanded to repent, and believe the gospel if it's not possible for someone to make the choice?

Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,

“Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.

“Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,

“but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

I'm not saying what Jesus said was wrong, I find it curious that we'd be commanded to choose, if choice was not possible.

Yet, you can plainly read that we're commanded to repent, and believe the gospel.

I don't know anyone who says salvation is based on life's experiences. Salvation is based on God's Grace, through faith. It's a gift.

Yes, it is God that chooses and it is the new spiritual creation that comes to God after God has drawn him. No one can spiritually come to God if God has not spiritually drawn to God. The old creation is not spiritual and can not hear or receive a spiritual message. Besides that God has put the old man dead in trespasses and sins away. Yes, the old man is dead with Christ in his death never to rise no more. However there are those who are likehens with their heads cut off still roaming around. Yes, lots of them! :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay

SteveB

God is love! There are no superlatives to describe God because God is higher than comparisons. :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay
really?
Because God himself provides us with an entire list of superlatives.
God is Holy.
He is Just
He is righteous
He is High and Lofty
God is a consuming fire
God is a jealous God.
God is a God of gods.

in fact, let's just do it this way, because this can go on for a while.

You can read for yourself.

So, if this is not what you're trying to say, please say it more clearly.

SteveB

Yes, it is God that chooses and it is the new spiritual creation that comes to God after God has drawn him. No one can spiritually come to God if God has not spiritually drawn to God. The old creation is not spiritual and can not hear or receive a spiritual message. Besides that God has put the old man dead in trespasses and sins away. Yes, the old man is dead with Christ in his death never to rise no more. However there are hens with their heads cut off still roaming around. Yes, lots of them! :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay
what in the world are you talking about?

SeventhDay

really?
Because God himself provides us with an entire list of superlatives.
God is Holy.
He is Just
He is righteous
He is High and Lofty
God is a consuming fire
God is a jealous God.
God is a God of gods.

in fact, let's just do it this way, because this can go on for a while.

You can read for yourself.

So, if this is not what you're trying to say, please say it more clearly.
God's ways are higher than man's way so man's understanding of superlatives are just not enough to describe God in foulness and completeness.

Superlatives are comparisons of the adjectives not adjectives!

However, understanding God's oneness tells us much about God and we need not deal with superlatives at all! :)

God bless you,

SeventhDay

treeplanter

hmm.....

Alright

Christian on Christian action - now I'm getting excited!

Uh, huhh!

treeplanter

So all your whining about God would be similar to me whining about Mr. Freeze freezing people. But I don't believe in Mr. Freeze, so why would I be as stupid?
Nope - that would only be true if I were stupid enough believe in Mr. Freeze and preached to you about the importance of conforming to the whims of Mr. Freeze

Since YOU believe in God and since I desire to disavow you of your idiotic belief in God it only makes sense that I approach you as if God actually existed and attempt to convince you that He is unworthy of your devotion by virtue of His actions {as He, Himself, describes in scripture}

ferengi

Nope - that would only be true if I were stupid enough believe in Mr. Freeze and preached to you about the importance of conforming to the whims of Mr. Freeze

Since YOU believe in God and since I desire to disavow you of your idiotic belief in God it only makes sense that I approach you as if God actually existed and attempt to convince you that He is unworthy of your devotion by virtue of His actions {as He, Himself, describes in scripture}
Prove god is immoral

stiggy wiggy

And since I have never preached to you about the importance of conforming to the whims of God, you have no point. As usual.

Bad immoral Mr. Freeze!

See how stupid that sounds?