Yours will be the Joys

Keraz

2 Esdras 8:50-58 In the last days, the inhabitants of the world will be punished for their arrogant lives, by prolonged suffering.

But you, direct your thoughts to yourselves and look to the glory awaiting you and those like you.

For all of you, paradise lies open- the tree of life is planted, the age to come is prepared and rich abundance is in store. The City is already built, rest from toil is assured. Goodness and wisdom are brought to perfection.

From you, the root of evil has been cut off. For you, disease is at an end and death abolished.

All sorrows are at an end and the treasure of immortality is revealed.

Regarding the lost- when they had their freedom, they used it to despise the Most High, to treat His Laws with contempt and to go their own way.

What is more, they trampled on the godly. There is no God, they said - knowing full well that they must die.

2 Esdras 8:59-62 Yours then, will be the joys that I have prepared, theirs the thirst and torments. It is not that the Most High has wanted any person to be destroyed, but those people have brought dishonour onto their Creators name and shown ingratitude to the One who put life within their reach.

That is why My judgement is now close at hand, but I have not made this known to all - only to you and a few like you.
Reference; Revised English Bible Apocrypha, some verses abridged.

Esdras = the Greek form of the Jewish name Ezra. Ezra was a prophet who returned to Jerusalem with Nehemiah and the exiles from Babylon, circa BC515.

The Book of Ezra in the Bible Old Testament, is basically an account of this Return of the Jews at that time. It gives details of events and people, but it has no prophetic statements in it.

So, for whatever reason, the early Church placed the two other books written by this Ezra - which contain his prophetic writings, into the Apocrypha. We can now, with modern translations, obtain the benefit of Ezra's prophecies and the writings of other early Israelite authors.

This Prophecy by Ezra, refers to after the thousand ear of the reign of Jesus.
Proved by how the new City: Jerusalem comes down and only then is immortality given, Revelation 21:1

2 Esdras 16:35-52 But you, servants of the Lord, listen and learn. Do not doubt what the Lord says.

Calamities are close at hand.....Disaster will not defer it’s coming and the world will groan in pain. My people, get ready for battle and when calamities surround you, behave as though you were strangers on the earth.

Those who buy, sell, build or plant must not expect to benefit from it
Those who marry must not expect children. For all who labour, labour in vain.

The indignation of justice toward wickedness, will accuse them to their faces, when the Lord arrives to expose every sin on the earth. Therefore, do not imitate wickedness or her deeds. A very short time she will be swept away and the reign of justice over us will begin.

2 Esdras 16:53-67 Sinners cannot deny their wrongdoing. Everything that people do is known to the Lord, He knows their inmost thoughts.

God made the heavens and the earth. By His word He created all things. He created man, gave him breath, understanding and the Spirit of God. He knows your plans. Woe to the sinners who try to hide their sins!

The Lord will call all to account. Your wicked deeds will accuse you on the Day of Judgement. God is the Judge – fear Him. Have done with wickedness. Then God will set you free from all distress.

2 Esdras 16:68-73 A fire is being kindled and a great mass will descend upon you, you will be seized and compelled to eat food sacrificed to idols. Those who give in to them will be derided and humiliated.

In every place there will be violent attacks on those who fear the Lord. Your enemies will be like maniacs, destroying without mercy all who still fear the Lord. Plundering and ejecting them from their homes.

2 Esdras 16:74-78 Listen, you whom I have chosen; the Days of harsh suffering are close at hand, but I shall protect and help you.

Have done with fears and doubts, God is your guide. As followers of My commandments, do not let any sin weigh you down.

Woe to those who are entangled in their wicked deeds. They are like a field covered in brambles, to be separated off in readiness for destruction by fire.
Reference: Revised English Bible Apocrypha, verses abridged.

The book of 2 Esdras [The Greek name for Ezra], although not part of the Bible lexicon, has some interesting information in it. Particularly in 2 Esdras 13:39-46 where it says that the 10 Northern tribes of Israel, decided amongst themselves to leave Assyria and travel to distant uninhabited lands Jeremiah 31:21, John 7:35.
In Ezra’s vision, of the Return of Jesus, he saw a great company of people:

2 Esdras 13:47-50 The peaceful company is the 10 tribes. [The House of Israel] They have assembled along with your people, [The House of Judah; the Jews], all those who are survivors still in the Land. Isaiah 6:13-15, Isaiah 29:1-4, Romans 9:27

When He [Jesus] destroys the army of the nations, then He will protect His people and show them many signs.

2 Esdras 13:11-13 A stream of fire, the breath of flame, poured from His mouth and fell on the enormous army advancing to attack. Revelation 19:17-21
After that, the Man [Jesus] came down from the mountain, Zechariah 14:3, and summoned to Himself a peaceful company of people, some with joy on their faces, some with sorrow. Revelation 7:9

2 Esdras 15:3-9 Do not be afraid of plots against you, or troubled by the unbelief of your opponents, for all unbelievers will die.

Beware, says the Lord, for I am letting loose over all the earth terrible evils, sword, famine, death and destruction because evil men have spread their wickedness the whole world over.

Therefore, I shall no longer keep silent, I will hear the pleas from all the innocent blood that has been shed.

2 Esdras 15:14-19 Woe to the world and all its inhabitants! Stable government will be at an end. Men driven by famine will attack their neighbours, no pity will restrain them.

2 Esdras 16:40 My people, listen to My words; get ready for battle and when the calamities surround you, behave as though you were strangers on earth.

2 Esdras 16:45 For all who labour, labour in vain.

2 Esdras 16:51-52 Therefore, do not imitate wickedness or her deeds. In a very short time they will be swept away from the earth and the reign of justice will begin.
Reference: Revised English Bible Apocrypha. Verses abridged.

My people: every faithful Christian: prepare yourselves, keep the faith and persevere until the Lord Returns. Revelation 13:10

2 Esdras 1:22-23 These are the words of the Lord Almighty: When you were in the wilderness, suffering thirst by the stream of bitter water and cursing Me, I did not send fire on you for your blasphemies, instead I told Moses to cast a log into the stream and make the water sweet.

2 Esdras 1:24 What shall I do to you, O Jacob? You, Judah, would not obey me. I will turn to other nations and will give them my Name, and they will keep my statutes.

2 Esdras 1:25-26 Because you have forsaken me, I also will forsake you. When you implore me for mercy, I will show you none. When you pray to me, I will not listen to you; for you have defiled your hands with blood, and your feet are swift to commit murder.

2 Esdras 1:27 It is not that you had forsaken me; you have forsaken yourselves, says the Lord.

2 Esdras 1:28-29 Thus says the Lord Almighty: Have I not pleaded with you as a father pleads for his sons or a mother her daughters or a nurse her children, so that you should be my people and I should be your God, and that you should be My children and I should be your father?

2 Esdras 1:30 I gathered you as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings. But now, what am I to do with you? I shall cast you out from my presence.

2 Esdras 1:31 When you offer me sacrifice, I shall turn from you; for I have rejected your feasts, and new moons, and circumcisions of the flesh.

2 Esdras 1:32 I sent you my servants the prophets, but you have taken and killed them and mutilated their bodies; for their murder I shall call you to account, says the Lord.

2 Esdras 1:33-34 Thus says the Lord Almighty: Your house is forsaken; I will drive you out as the wind drives straw; and your sons will have no children, because with you they have neglected my commandments and have done what is evil in my sight.

2 Esdras 1:35-36 I will give your houses to a people yet to come, a people who will trust me, though they have not known me, who will do my bidding, though I gave them no signs. They have seen no prophets, yet will keep in mind what the prophets taught of old.

2 Esdras 1:37 I call to witness the gratitude of the people that is to come, whose children rejoice with gladness; though they do not see Me with bodily eyes, yet with the spirit they will believe the things I have said.

2 Esdras 1:38-40 And now, father Ezra, look with pride and see the people coming from far away; to them I will give as leaders Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and Hosea and Amos and Micah and Joel and Obadiah and Jonah and Nahum and Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi, who is also called the messenger of the Lord.

New Revised Standard Bible Apocrypha, abridged.

Many have been created, but only a few will be saved:
2 Esdras 7:45-56 Therefore, on the Day of judgement, there can be no mercy for those who have lost their case and no reversal for those who have won. Ezra replied: But Lord, how much better it would be if Adam had been restrained from sinning. O Adam; what have you done? What good is the hope of eternity, in the wretched and futile state to which we have become?

You say that God will save those who lead pure lives, but what of the many who fail to attain that standard and give no thought to what is in store after death.

2 Esdras 7:57-61 This is the thought for every person to keep in mind during the battle of life: Moses, in his time said to the people: “Choose life, that you may live”. But they believed neither him, or the prophets sent after him.

There will be no sorrow over their damnation, but there will be joy for the salvation of those who have believed and obeyed God’s commands.

2 Esdras 7:62-70 I know that God is merciful and compassionate. Without His forgiveness, there could be no hope for this worlds inhabitants. He is our Judge and unless He blots out our countless offences, there would be very few who could be spared. The angel replied: God has made this world for many, the next world for but a few. It is the same with the earth, plenty of clay, not much gold – many have been created, but only a few will be saved. Romans 9:22-23

2 Esdras 8:19-39 This is the prayer offered by Ezra, before being taken up to heaven: O Lord, You inhabit eternity, everything belongs to You.....We and our fathers have lived evil lives, yet it is on account of us sinners that You are called merciful. What is man, that You should be angry with him? The truth is, no one who was ever born is entirely innocent of sin. God will have joy in the salvation of those who trust Him

2 Esdras 8:59-62 Yours, then will be the joys I have predicted.

It is not that the Most High has wanted any person to be destroyed, but those He created, brought dishonour onto their Creators Name and show ingratitude to the One who put life within their reach. That is why My judgement is now close at hand. I have not made this known to all, only to you and a few like you.

2 Esdras 9:1-6 My Lord, tell me when the last days will be:

Watch carefully, you will see that some of the signs predicted have already passed, then you will understand that the time is near for God to begin to judge the world that He has created. When the world becomes the scene of earthquakes, insurrections, plots among the nations, unstable governments and panic among rulers, then the end of the age, as prophesied, draws near. The times that God has determined; the beginning is marked by portents and miracles, the end by manifestations of power.

2 Esdras 9:7-8 All who come safely through and escape destruction, thanks to their good deeds and the faith they have shown, will survive the dangers I have foretold and witness the salvation I shall bring to My Land, the territory I have set apart from all eternity as My own. The just will be saved, the world is theirs and for their sake it exists. Romans 2:9-11
Reference: REB Apocrypha. Verses abridged

2 Esdras 6:1-6 The Angel of the Lord said to Ezra: When the earth began, the gates of the world were not yet in place, no winds blew, or rains fell. The stars and firmaments were still to be established. Zion had not yet been chosen as God’s own footstool, the present age had not been planned, nor had God’s seal been set onto those who have laid a treasure of faithfulness. Then it was, He had His thought and the whole Universe was created by Him. In the same way, through God alone, the end will be.

2 Esdras 6:11-20 My master and Lord, make known to me the signs of the end times. Rise to your feet and you will hear a loud and resonant voice. Do not be frightened when you feel the earth tremble at the sound, for it speaks of the end and the earth’s foundations will understand. I listened and a voice like a mighty torrent said: The time draws near when I shall come to judge the earth’s inhabitants, the time when I shall enquire into the wickedness of wrongdoers, the time when Zion’s humiliation will be over. A time when a seal will be set on the age about to pass away. Then I shall perform these signs – the books will be opened in the heavens and all will see My judgement at the same moment.

2 Esdras 6:23-29 A loud trumpet blast will sound, striking terror into all who hear it. At that time friends will fight friends, all will be terrified. Rivers will stand still and for 3 hours, cease to flow. Whoever is left after all this, will be saved and see the salvation that I bring and the culmination of this world of Mine. They will see men who were taken up into heaven without tasting death.
All peoples will have a change of heart, wickedness will be blotted out, but faithfulness will flourish and truth will be revealed. As God spoke, the ground swayed to and fro.

2 Esdras 7:17-24 Again I asked the Angel; In the Law, laid down by the Most High, the just shall inherit blessings, but the ungodly will perish. The just, therefore can endure this life and look to a glorious future, but those who have lived a wicked life will never see it. He said: You are not a better judge than God, nor wiser that the Most High.
Better that many now living should perish, than the Law which God has set before them should be despised. God has given clear instructions to all in this world, telling them how to attain life and how to avoid punishment. The ungodly have refused to obey Him, they have adopted their own futile ways. They make deceit and dishonour their goal and even deny the existence of the Most High. They have rejected His Law and repudiated His promises; they have neither put faith in His decrees nor done what He commanded.

2 Esdras 7:25 Therefore, Ezra, it is emptiness for the empty and fullness for the full.

Reference: Revised English Bible Apocrypha. Some verses abridged.

Ecclesiasticus chapter 36:1-17 Look on us with pity, Lord God of all, and strike fear into every nation. Lift Your hand against the heathen and let them behold Your power.

As they have seen Your holiness displayed among us, so let us see Your greatness displayed among them. Let them learn, as we ourselves have learned, that there is no god but You, O Lord.

Renew Your signs, repeat Your miracles, with Your mighty hand and right arm. Rouse Your anger, pour out Your wrath, to destroy the adversary and wipe out the enemy.

Remember the Day You have appointed and hasten it, to give men cause to recount Your wonders. Let burning wrath devour the ungodly, and let the oppressors of Your people meet their doom. Crush the heads of hostile princes who say; No one counts but us.

Gather the tribes of Jacob and grant them their inheritance, as You did so long ago.

Have pity on the people called by Your name* – on Israel whom You have named Your firstborn.

Show mercy to the city of Your sanctuary, to the city of Jerusalem, Your dwelling place

Fill Zion with the praise of Your triumph and the Temple with Your glory.

Acknowledge those You created at the beginning and fulfil the prophecies spoken in Your name.

Reward those who look to You in trust; prove Your prophets worthy of credence.

Listen, O Lord, to the prayer of Your servants, who claim Aaron’s blessing on Your people. Let all who live on the earth acknowledge that You are the Lord, the Eternal God.
Reference, REB Apocrypha.

the people called by Your name*. This cannot mean Israel as that is not the Lord’s Name. It must be refer to Christians. Those who trust in Jesus.

2 Esdras 9:18-22 There was a time, before the world had been created for men to live in, and I was planning it for the sake of those who now exist. No one then disputed My plan, for no one existed. I supplied the earth with unfailing food and a Law not to be questioned; but those whom I had created, turned to corrupt ways of life. I looked at My world and there it lay spoilt and it was in danger from men’s wicked plans. I saw this and I was hard put to spare any at all, but I saved for Myself one grape out of a cluster, one tree out of a large forest. So then, let it be; destruction for the many who are born in vain and salvation for My grape and My tree, which have cost Me much labour to bring to perfection.

2 Esdras 9:30-37 Hear Me, Israel, listen to My words you descendants of Jacob; [actual and spiritual] this is My Law which I am sowing among you to bear fruit and bring you everlasting glory. But our fathers, though they received the Law, did not observe it; they disobeyed its commandments. Not that the fruit of the Law perished – that was impossible, for it was yours, rather those who received it perished, because they failed to keep safe the seed that had been sown in them. Now, the usual way is that when seed is planted or a ship on the sea, or food in a jar, then if the seed or the ship, or the contents of the jar be destroyed, what held or contained them does not perish along with them. But with sinners it is different, destruction will come upon them, the recipients of the Law- the vessel that held the Law. The Law itself is not destroyed; it survives in all its glory.

2 Esdras 9:7 All who come safely through and escape destruction, thanks to their good deeds or the faith they have shown, will survive the dangers I have foretold and witness the salvation I shall bring to My Land, the territory that I have set apart for all eternity for My own. Then those who have neglected My ways will be taken by surprise; their utter contempt for My ways will bring them lasting torment.

2 Esdras 10:13-14 The days are coming when the earth will be under an empire more terrible than any before. It will be ruled by twelve kings, one after another, the second to come to power will have the longest reign of all the twelve.

2 Esdras 10:32-34 Then the Messiah, whom the Most High has kept back until the end of the days- He is from the line of David, will come and address those rulers, taxing them openly with their sins, their crimes and their defiance. First, He will bring them alive to judgement, then after convicting them, He will destroy them. But He will be merciful to the rest of My people, all who have survived in My Land, He will set them free and give them joy, until the final Day of judgement comes.
Reference: REB Apocrypha

V 34….all of My people, who have survived in My Land.
V 8……..will witness the salvation

This clearly shows that His people, every faithful Christian will gather and live in the Land before the Return of Jesus. They will face tribulation the 3½ years before that event.

2 Esdras 2:18-41 The Lord says: I have set you apart to be My people, I have made ready for you a Land of plenty, with trees, produce and flowers. My servants Isaiah and Jeremiah will help you. There, I shall fill your children with joy.

Now, look after the widow, defend the fatherless, give to the poor, protect the orphan, care for the weak and bring the blind into the vision of My radiance. Be calm, My people, your time of rest will come. Be good parents to your children and teach them the right way to live.

Do not be anxious when the time of trouble and hardship comes, others will lament and be upset, but you will have happiness and plenty. Although you will become the envy of the nations, they will be powerless against you.

Therefore, I say to My people, those who hear and understand: Look forward to the coming of your Shepherd, He who is to come at the end of this age and he will give you everlasting rest. Be ready to receive the rewards of the Kingdom and bear with patience the shadows of the present world until the One whom God has appointed comes, bringing you joy and splendour. Receive Him and be joyful, giving thanks to Him who called you to His realm.

Arise, stand up and see the whole company of those who bear the Lord’s mark and sit at His banquet. They are no longer in the shadow of this present world and have received shining robes from Him. Take your full number, Zion, and complete the roll of those arrayed in white who have faithfully kept the Law of God. The number of your children whom you so long desired is now complete.

Pray that the Lord’s Kingdom may come, so that Your people, whom He called when the world began, may be set apart as His own.

2 Esdras 15:22-50 These are the Words of the Lord: I shall show sinners no pity, My sword will not spare those murderers who stain the ground with innocent blood. The Lord’s anger has burst out in flame scorching the earth and consuming His enemies like burning straw. The Lord well knows all who offend against Him and has consigned them to death and destruction. See the vast storm clouds approaching! Full of fury and tempest, their appearance is hideous. Huge clouds, mighty and full of fury will pile up and ravage the whole land and its inhabitants, the terrible storm will sweep over all that is high and exalted. There will be terror and trembling throughout the world. When the scorching heat bears down upon you, your strength and splendour will wither like a flower. Isaiah 17:4

2 Esdras 16:1-22 Woe to you, Babylon and Asia! Woe to you Egypt and Syria! Lament over your people, for destruction is close at hand. Fire is let loose against you and who can extinguish it? When the Lord’s anger bursts into flame, who will not quake with dread? The fire is alight, nothing will stop it from coming to earth.

2 Esdras 16:35 & 74-76 But you, servants of the Lord, listen and learn. Listen, you whom I have chosen: the days of harsh suffering are close at hand, but I shall save you from them. Have done with fears and doubts, God is your guide. Keep your faith and trust in Him, then it will be seen that My chosen ones have stood the test like gold in the assayers fire.
Reference: Revised English Bible Apocrypha.

2 Esdras 3:17-22 Lord, You rescued Jacob’s descendants from Egypt and led them to Mt Sinai. There You made the heavens bow down and by Your glory, gave the Commandments to the Israelites. But You did not take away their evil hearts and thus enable Your Law to bear fruit in them. For as Adam sinned, so all his offspring are inveterate sinners and the good of the Law came to nothing.

2 Esdras 4:23-37 Why has Israel been scattered among the nations? Why are Your people, those whom You love, living in the godless nations? Why has the Law of our fathers and our Covenant with You, been discarded? Our lives are short, are we even worthy of Your pity? What will He do for us, we who bear His Name?
[those who bear His Name; are every faithful Christian, the Lord’s people. John 15:16]

Those who are living at the end of the age will see and marvel. This present age is full of sorrow and weakness, people are unable to grasp what is promised in due time for His godly people. Until the full crop of evil has been reaped and the ground on which it was sown has been cleansed, there will be no room for the place where the good will be sown. Terrible will be the harvest, one seed of evil has produced a great crop of godlessness!

But when? How long must we wait? The reply: Do not be in a hurry for yourselves alone, the Most High is concerned for the many. The same question is asked by the righteous in the storehouse of the souls: How long must we stay here? [Revelation 6:10-11] As soon as the tally of those like yourselves is complete. The Lord has measured and numbered the ages, He will alter nothing, the appointed time must be reached.

2 Esdras 6:17-28 The time draws near when I shall come to judge the earth’s inhabitants, a time when I shall enquire into the wickedness of the wrongdoers and the time when Zion’s humiliation will be over. All will see this judgement at the same moment – a loud trumpet blast will strike terror into all who hear it. Whoever is left after all that will be saved and will see the salvation that I bring. Wickedness will be blotted out, but faithfulness will flourish and truth will be revealed.

2 Esdras 9:1-12 Watch carefully, when you see earthquakes, insurrections, unstable governments and panic among the leaders, then you will understand that the time is near for the Most High to begin to judge the world. The times determined by the Most High are marked; the beginning by portents and miracles, the end by manifestations of power. All who come safely through, thanks to their good deeds or the faith they have shown, will survive the dangers I have foretold and will witness the salvation I shall bring to My Land, the special area set apart for eternity as My own.

Then those who have neglected My ways, will be taken by surprise, their contempt for their Maker will bring them to destruction. All who disdained My Laws while freedom was still theirs, who scornfully dismissed the idea of penitence while the way was still open, all these must learn the truth through torments after death. The just will be saved, the world is theirs and for their sake it exists.
Reference: REB Apocrypha. Some verses condensed.

2 Esdras 12:32-34 The Messiah, from the stock of David, whom the Most High has kept back until the end of the age, will come and judge the rulers of the nations and after convicting them, He will destroy them. But He will be merciful to the rest of My people, all those who survive and in My Land, He will set them free and give them joy until the final Day of judgement comes.

2 Esdras 12:46-49 Take courage, Israel, lay aside your grief, you descendants of Jacob. The Most High keeps you in mind, He has not forgotten or abandoned you. I pray for Zion in her desolation and beg for mercy, the sanctuary now fallen so low. Go to your homes, all of you and in a few days, I will return to you.

2 Esdras 13:2-4 In my vision, I saw a Man flying with the clouds of heaven and wherever He looked, everything trembled and wherever the sound of His voice reached, everyone who heard it melted as wax at the touch of fire.

2 Esdras 15:22-27 The Lord says: I shall show sinners no pity, My sword will not spare those murderers who stain the ground with innocent blood. The Lord’s anger has burst out in flame, scorching the earth to its foundations and consuming sinners like burning straw. Woe to the godless who flout My commands, I shall show them no mercy. Away from Me, you rebels, do not pollute My sanctuary with your presence. The Lord knows who offend against Him and has consigned them to death and destruction.

Already calamities have spread over the world and there is no escape from them, God will refuse to rescue those who have sinned against Him.

2 Esdras 15:40-43 & 50 Huge clouds; mighty and full of fury will ravage the land and its inhabitants and a terrible storm will sweep over all that is high and exalted, with a deluge of fire and hail. It will flatten to the ground; cities and walls, hills and mountains, trees and crops in the fields. When the scorching heat bears down upon the earth, its strength and splendour will wither like a flower.

2 Esdras 16:74-78 Listen you who I have chosen! The days of harsh suffering are close at hand, but I, the Lord, will rescue you from them. Have done with fears and doubts – God is your guide! As followers of My commandments and Laws, you must not let your sins weigh you down or let wickedness gain ascendancy.

Woe to those who are entangled in their sins and overrun with wicked deeds! Unless they can clear away the path to righteousness, they will be separated off in readiness for destruction by fire.
Ref: REB Apocrypha. Some verses abridged.

Israelites, the literal descendants of Jacob, does refer to the Jewish people, but only those who follow My Commandments and keep My Laws. However, since Jesus came and extended His salvation to all who will accept it, John 3:16, then we Christians are the Spiritual descendants of the Patriarchs and the Israelites of God. Galatians 6:14-16

2 Esdras 7:70 When the Most high was making the world and all that is in it, He made Adam and Eve, but first of all, He planned the judgement and what goes with it.

2 Esdras 6:18-20 A Voice from heaven spoke; The time draws near when I shall come to judge the earth’s inhabitants, the time when I shall enquire into the wickedness of wrongdoers, the time when Zion’s humiliation will be over, the time when a seal will be set on the age about to pass away. Then, I shall perform these signs: the books will be opened out against the vault of heaven and all will see My judgement at the same moment.

2 Esdras 6:25-28 Whoever is left after all that I have foretold, will be saved and see the salvation that I bring, with the culmination of My plans for this world. Then will the earth’s inhabitants have a change of heart and wickedness will be blotted out. Faithfulness will flourish and truth, so long unfruitful, will be revealed.

2 Esdras 2:10-14 These are the words of the Lord to Ezra; Tell My people that I shall give to them the Kingdom of Jerusalem, which I once offered to Israel. I shall also withdraw the splendour of My presence from Israel and the home that was to be theirs forever, I shall give to My [faithful Christian] people. The Tree of Life will spread it’s fragrance over them, they will neither toil nor grow weary. Ask and you will receive; pray to shorten your time of waiting. Even now, the Kingdom is ready for you, be vigilant! All witness – I have cancelled evil and only good prevails; for I am the Living One, says the Lord.

2 Esdras 7:55-61 The Lord says; Those who have kept My commandments, will shine bright as the stars, but not those who, in a lifetime of iniquity, never give a thought to the sufferings in store after death. This is the thought for every person on earth to keep in mind during the battle of life – if you are defeated, you must accept the penalty and if you are victorious, great will be the rewards. Moses said to the people; “Choose life and live”. But they believed neither him or the prophets after him. There will be no sorrow over their damnation, but there will be joy for the salvation of those who have believed.

2 Esdras 2:24-29 Be calm, My people, your time of rest will come. Teach your children the right paths. Do not be anxious when the time of trouble and hardship comes, others will lament and be sad, but you will have happiness and plenty. My power will protect and save you.

2 Esdras 8:38-39 I shall not give thought to the death, judgement and damnation of sinners, but I shall have joy in the just, their pilgrimage through this world, their salvation and their final reward.

2 Esdras 2:42-48 I, Ezra, saw on Mount Zion a throng too vast to count, all singing hymns of praise to the Lord. In the middle stood a young man. He was taller than the others and He was setting crowns onto the heads of the others. I asked the angel; My lord, who are these and who is the young man? They are the people who acknowledged the Man, who is the Son of God and stood valiantly for Him in their mortal life. Go, tell My people of the great and wonderful acts of the Lord God that you have seen.
Ref: REB Apocrypha. Some verses abridged.

Back