Zerubbabel in Bible Prophecy

Arkycharlie

Haggai 2:
20 Then the word of the Lord came a second time to Haggai on the twenty-fourth day of the month, saying,​
21 Speak to Zerubbabel governor of Judah, saying, ‘I am going to shake the heavens and the earth.​
22 I will overthrow the thrones of kingdoms and destroy the power of the kingdoms of the nations; and I will overthrow the chariots and their riders, and the horses and their riders will go down, everyone by the sword of another.’​
23 On that day,’ declares the Lord of hosts, ‘I will take you, Zerubbabel, son of Shealtiel, My servant,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will make you like a signet ring, for I have chosen you,’” declares the Lord of hosts.
Zechariah 4:
1 Then the angel who was speaking with me returned and roused me, as a man who is awakened from his sleep.​
2 He said to me, “What do you see?” And I said, “I see, and behold, a lampstand all of gold with its bowl on the top of it, and its seven lamps on it with seven spouts belonging to each of the lamps which are on the top of it;​
3 also two olive trees by it, one on the right side of the bowl and the other on its left side.” Then I said to the angel who was speaking with me saying, “What are these, my lord?”​
5 So the angel who was speaking with me answered and said to me, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.”​
6 Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.
7 ‘What are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain; and he will bring forth the top stone with shouts of “Grace, grace to it!”’”​
8 Also, the word of the Lord came to me, saying,​
9 “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house, and his hands will finish it. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent me to you.​
10 For who has despised the day of small things? But these seven will be glad when they see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel—these are the eyes of the Lord which range to and fro throughout the earth.”​
11 Then I said to him, “What are these two olive trees on the right of the lampstand and on its left?”​
12 And I answered the second time and said to him, “What are the two olive branches which are beside the two golden pipes, which empty the golden oil from themselves?”​
13 So he answered me, saying, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.”​
14 Then he said, “These are the two anointed ones who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth.”​
Revelation 11:
1 Then there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, “Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.​
2 Leave out the court, which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread underfoot the holy city for forty-two months.​
3 And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”​
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.
5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way.​
6 These have the power to shut up the sky, so that rain will not fall during the days of their prophesying; and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire.​
7 When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them.​
8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.​
9 Those from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their dead bodies for three and a half days, and will not permit their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb.​
10 And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and celebrate; and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.​
11 But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God came into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those who were watching them.​
12 And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” Then they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies watched them.​
13 And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.​

I have been fascinated with Haggai 2:20-23 for around 40 years. I see a direct connection between this prophecy and the passages quoted above in Zechariah 4 and Revelation 11. However, all that I can do is speculate as to how these prophecies may be fulfilled, some of which I will share here.

To begin, Zerubbabel is found in both genealogies of Jesus found in Matthew and Luke. John the Baptist was the forerunner of Christ at His first coming, was the son of a Priest, and was a kinsman of our Lord in the flesh. It was certainly no coincidence that John and Jesus were related and that John’s father was a Levitical priest. Jesus came the first time to become our Great High Priest as described in Hebrews 4:

Hebrews 4:14-16
14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.​
15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.​
16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.​

At His Second Coming, He is coming as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I speculate that the forerunner of His second coming will also be a kinsman and a physical descendent of David through Zerubbabel. And I strongly suspect that Haggai 2:3 is a prophecy of this individual. Only time will tell if my speculation is anywhere close to the truth.

Arkycharlie

I'm not surprised that I've had no comments in this thread. I doubt that anyone here has ever had much if any interest in the subject matter and therefore have little if any thoughts to share on it. I could be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if no one chooses to post a response, which is fine with me......

e v e

Haggai 2:
20 Then the word of the Lord came a second time to Haggai on the twenty-fourth day of the month, saying,​
21 Speak to Zerubbabel governor of Judah, saying, ‘I am going to shake the heavens and the earth.​
22 I will overthrow the thrones of kingdoms and destroy the power of the kingdoms of the nations; and I will overthrow the chariots and their riders, and the horses and their riders will go down, everyone by the sword of another.’​
23 On that day,’ declares the Lord of hosts, ‘I will take you, Zerubbabel, son of Shealtiel, My servant,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will make you like a signet ring, for I have chosen you,’” declares the Lord of hosts.
Zechariah 4:
1 Then the angel who was speaking with me returned and roused me, as a man who is awakened from his sleep.​
2 He said to me, “What do you see?” And I said, “I see, and behold, a lampstand all of gold with its bowl on the top of it, and its seven lamps on it with seven spouts belonging to each of the lamps which are on the top of it;​
3 also two olive trees by it, one on the right side of the bowl and the other on its left side.” Then I said to the angel who was speaking with me saying, “What are these, my lord?”​
5 So the angel who was speaking with me answered and said to me, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.”​
6 Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.
7 ‘What are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become a plain; and he will bring forth the top stone with shouts of “Grace, grace to it!”’”​
8 Also, the word of the Lord came to me, saying,​
9 “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house, and his hands will finish it. Then you will know that the Lord of hosts has sent me to you.​
10 For who has despised the day of small things? But these seven will be glad when they see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel—these are the eyes of the Lord which range to and fro throughout the earth.”​
11 Then I said to him, “What are these two olive trees on the right of the lampstand and on its left?”​
12 And I answered the second time and said to him, “What are the two olive branches which are beside the two golden pipes, which empty the golden oil from themselves?”​
13 So he answered me, saying, “Do you not know what these are?” And I said, “No, my lord.”​
14 Then he said, “These are the two anointed ones who are standing by the Lord of the whole earth.”​
Revelation 11:
1 Then there was given me a measuring rod like a staff; and someone said, “Get up and measure the temple of God and the altar, and those who worship in it.​
2 Leave out the court, which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the nations; and they will tread underfoot the holy city for forty-two months.​
3 And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for twelve hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”​
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.
5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire flows out of their mouth and devours their enemies; so if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this way.​
6 These have the power to shut up the sky, so that rain will not fall during the days of their prophesying; and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to strike the earth with every plague, as often as they desire.​
7 When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them.​
8 And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.​
9 Those from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their dead bodies for three and a half days, and will not permit their dead bodies to be laid in a tomb.​
10 And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them and celebrate; and they will send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.​
11 But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God came into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those who were watching them.​
12 And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” Then they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies watched them.​
13 And in that hour there was a great earthquake, and a tenth of the city fell; seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the rest were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.​

I have been fascinated with Haggai 2:20-23 for around 40 years. I see a direct connection between this prophecy and the passages quoted above in Zechariah 4 and Revelation 11. However, all that I can do is speculate as to how these prophecies may be fulfilled, some of which I will share here.

To begin, Zerubbabel is found in both genealogies of Jesus found in Matthew and Luke. John the Baptist was the forerunner of Christ at His first coming, was the son of a Priest, and was a kinsman of our Lord in the flesh. It was certainly no coincidence that John and Jesus were related and that John’s father was a Levitical priest. Jesus came the first time to become our Great High Priest as described in Hebrews 4:

Hebrews 4:14-16
14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.​
15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.​
16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.​

At His Second Coming, He is coming as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I speculate that the forerunner of His second coming will also be a kinsman and a physical descendent of David through Zerubbabel. And I strongly suspect that Haggai 2:3 is a prophecy of this individual. Only time will tell if my speculation is anywhere close to the truth.

: ) It's a very good topic.

e v e

I'm not surprised that I've had no comments in this thread. I doubt that anyone here has ever had much if any interest in the subject matter and therefore have little if any thoughts to share on it. I could be wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if no one chooses to post a response, which is fine with me......
I have things to say...but I don't how to start with the topic.

Arkycharlie

I have things to say...but I don't how to start with the topic.
No worries, there's no right or wrong way. Just throw something out to start a conversation and we'll take it from there.

I'll share a bit more about how I became fascinated with the subject. The Lord called me out of atheism in May of 1978 at age 32. I immediately concluded that I should read the Bible cover to cover, which I did. I read the New Testament first and then the old. I will never forget when I read Haggai for the first time, especially the 3 closing verses. I was absolutely blown away and just couldn't get it out of my mind. One of the first books that I bought as a young Christian was a short little commentary on Haggai. However, I was not remotely satisfied with what it had to say about the closing verses. I was convinced, as I am to this day, that it was a prophecy for the last days of this age. I'm tempted to interpret Revelation 11 and the 2 witnesses as the fulfillment of Haggai 2:21-23. Interestingly, the Greek word for "corpse" (ptoma) is used 3 times in Revelation 11, but the first 2 are singular, as illustrated below. What could that signify? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Many blessings!!!

Re11_8.jpg

e v e

No worries, there's no right or wrong way. Just throw something out to start a conversation and we'll take it from there.

I'll share a bit more about how I became fascinated with the subject. The Lord called me out of atheism in May of 1978 at age 32. I immediately concluded that I should read the Bible cover to cover, which I did. I read the New Testament first and then the old. I will never forget when I read Haggai for the first time, especially the 3 closing verses. I was absolutely blown away and just couldn't get it out of my mind. One of the first books that I bought as a young Christian was a short little commentary on Haggai. However, I was not remotely satisfied with what it had to say about the closing verses. I was convinced, as I am to this day, that it was a prophecy for the last days of this age. I'm tempted to interpret Revelation 11 and the 2 witnesses as the fulfillment of Haggai 2:21-23. Interestingly, the Greek word for "corpse" (ptoma) is used 3 times in Revelation 11, but the first 2 are singular, as illustrated below. What could that signify? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Many blessings!!!

View attachment 940
I don’t know if you would like my reply but I will tomorrow.

Base12

Your biggest Key to deciphering any text in the Bible is to compare it to the Kingdom of God within...

Matthew 6:33
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

The Kingdom of God is LIFE and anything that is alive... like the Word of God.

Most Christians have no idea in the world that the Bible uses Human Anatomy as an Earthly Witness to double check for errors and to correct false doctrines.

I will post a few examples including the Two Witnesses.

Last edited:

Base12

Example #1:
The Twenty Four Elders surrounding the Throne represents the twenty four Ribs surrounding our Hearts. The Seven Spirits represent the Breath in the Lungs. Etc., etc.

Example #2:
The Tabernacle in the Wilderness represents a Biological Cell. More specifically, a Zygote...
mhp-0707.png

mhp-0709.png

We all start life at the Moment of Conception. That is what the Tabernacle is a model of.

Base12

Example #3:
When One puts all of the pieces together, One will find that the Two Witnesses represent Chromatids...

mhp-0721.png

• Two Olive Trees = Two Chromatids
  • Two Chromatids = Chromosome
That is what the entire vision of Zechariah 4 is showing...

mhp-0451.png

Yes, the Two Witnesses are going to be two people. Of course.

One must always ask the question...

"What is the point?"

In other words, why Two Witnesses and not three or four or a thousand?

Again, it is because God is trying to illustrate the process of healing and repairing our sinful flesh by use of these Metaphors.

God is actually giving us detailed blueprints of just how this process is going to work!

Base12

The 'Stone with Seven Eyes' is a Nitrogenous Base (Nucleobase)...

mhp-0837.png

The LORD of Hosts will 'engrave the graving thereof'. That is what Science calls Genetic Engineering.

Eyes are representative of Electrons, hence Ezekiel's Wheels were a picture of Atomic Construct...

mhp-0653.jpg

The 'Spirit' was in the Wheels.

The Spirit is the Holy Ghost. It is the Electricity that gives life to our bodies... literally.

Our Soul is the letters that make up our DNA (Genome).

That is the Dividing Line...

mhp-0851.png

Base12

Arkycharlie...​

I released a movie a few weeks ago that goes over all of this in great detail...

I am posting in your Thread because you genuinely seem interested in the subject of Zerubbabel and the Two Witnesses.

I hope this helps to inspire you and the others here.

God Bless!

Truth7t7

Haggis 1-2 is about Zerubbabel and building the 2nd temple 536BC after the captivity

Zechariah 4 is about the two witnesses of Revelation 11, you will note in Zechariah 4:12 the two witnesses/olive branches pour the golden oil from themselves?

Revelation 5:8 you see the golden vials, full of the saints prayers, that will be poured through the two Witnesses in the vial plagues upon the Beast and his Kingdom world

"All Plagues, As Often As They Will"

Revelation 5:8KJV
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Zechariah 4:12-14KJV
12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Revelation 11:3-6KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Last edited:

e v e

Many blessings!!!

View attachment 940

zerubbabel is the lampstand and very much connected to the Change soon.

Truth7t7

zerubbabel is the lampstand and very much connected to the Change soon.
Zerubbabel was the instrument used in building the 2nd temple in 536 BC, after the 70 year Babylonian Captivity

Joshua was the high priest in this temple

The book of Haggai surrounds the building of this 2nd temple, its that simple

Haggai 1:13-14KJV

13 Then spake Haggai the Lord's messenger in the Lord's message unto the people, saying, I am with you, saith the Lord.
14 And the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and did work in the house of the Lord of hosts, their God,

Haggai 2:1-4KJV
1 In the seventh month, in the one and twentieth day of the month, came the word of the Lord by the prophet Haggai, saying,
2 Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and to the residue of the people, saying,
3 Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? and how do ye see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?
4 Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the Lord; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the Lord, and work: for I am with you, saith the Lord of hosts:

Arkycharlie

Arkycharlie...​

I released a movie a few weeks ago that goes over all of this in great detail...

I am posting in your Thread because you genuinely seem interested in the subject of Zerubbabel and the Two Witnesses.

I hope this helps to inspire you and the others here.

God Bless!
You have no idea just how interested I am "in the subject of Zerubbabel and the Two Witnesses". That said, I find nothing in your posts that remotely pertain to the OP. For me, Scripture is by far its own best interpreter. I have spent years educating myself to work with the Biblical texts in their original languages, allowing me to truly compare Scripture with Scripture. For decades, I wondered just how much I was missing when all I could do was to read the Bible in my favorite English translation. Now I know, and it has opened my eyes beyond anything that I could have imagined! JMO, but I don’t think that eschatology is your strong suit.

Arkycharlie

Zerubbabel was the instrument used in building the 2nd temple in 536 BC, after the 70 year Babylonian Captivity

Joshua was the high priest in this temple

The book of Haggai surrounds the building of this 2nd temple, its that simple

Haggai 1:13-14KJV

13 Then spake Haggai the Lord's messenger in the Lord's message unto the people, saying, I am with you, saith the Lord.
14 And the Lord stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people; and they came and did work in the house of the Lord of hosts, their God,

Haggai 2:1-4KJV
1 In the seventh month, in the one and twentieth day of the month, came the word of the Lord by the prophet Haggai, saying,
2 Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and to the residue of the people, saying,
3 Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? and how do ye see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?
4 Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the Lord; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the Lord, and work: for I am with you, saith the Lord of hosts:
More blah blah blah.....