Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why are baptists so immoral?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logix
    started a topic Why are baptists so immoral?

Why are baptists so immoral?

You people are as bad as or worse than atheists. Is it your belief in faith alone and OSAS that leads you baptists to be so puffed up with pride, arrogant, and judgmental?

• Jethro77
    replied
    M & M 's ?

Back to On topic of op, (For the sinners, pride goeth before destruction. )

Leave a comment:

• Rejoran
    replied
    Originally posted by Rejoran View Post
    More ad hoc attacks.
    Sorry, the term is Ad hominem, not Ad hoc.

Leave a comment:

• Rejoran
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

Lol Lol. So you are calling the founder of your cult a liar?
    More ad hoc attacks.

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied
    And this documentation was not before 1609, it was from the 1850s, which only reinforces my point. There is no documentation of pivotal core Baptist beliefs back to the 1st Century, or even close. There's only retroactive commentaries.
    Lol Lol. So you are calling the founder of your cult a liar ?

Leave a comment:

• Rejoran
    replied

The Words of your cults founder on this should suffice.

Hence it is that the Baptist denomination, in all ages and in all centuries, has been, as a body. the constant asserters of the rights of man and of liberty of conscience.” (Campbell on Baptism, p. 409.)

Alexander Campbell says: “It was for having his brother’s wife in his brother’s lifetime which procured a rebuke to Herod from the first Baptist preacher. (Alexander Campbell: Christian Baptist, Vol. VI., p. 70).

Alexander Campbell: "The Baptist denomination in all ages and all countries has been, as a body, the constant asserters of the rights of man and the liberty of conscience. They have often been persecuted by Pedobaptists; but they never politically persecuted, though they have had it in their power."
    (Alexander Campbell on Baptism, p. 409, editions 1851, 1853).

"Clouds of witnesses attest the fact, that before the reformation from ******, and from the apostolic age, to the present time, the sentiments of Baptists, and the practice of Baptism have had a continuous chain of advocates, and public monuments of their existence in every century can be produced ."
    (Campbell - McCalla Debate, p. 378).

I have used your leader as a reference.....what more could I do .......HE IS CERTAINLY NOT A BIASED SOURCE.

No Baptist sources were cited......as I said somebody lied to you about this ssubject.
    And this documentation was not before 1609, it was from the 1850s, which only reinforces my point. There is no documentation of pivotal core Baptist beliefs back to the 1st Century, or even close. There's only retroactive commentaries.

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied
    I don't think Wikipedia and other generic search engines are enemies of the Baptists. I certainly am not. There may have been people who held to Baptist beliefs before the Baptist church itself was an entity, but a number of their defining beliefs certainly don't have documented evidence back to the first century. And it seems you're presenting ad hoc arguments, attacking the presenter instead of the subject matter. Would you like to address what I actually said in my original post on this thread or provide documentation as to the origin of the Baptist church instead of just telling me I'm wrong?
    The Words of your cults founder on this should suffice.

Hence it is that the Baptist denomination, in all ages and in all centuries, has been, as a body. the constant asserters of the rights of man and of liberty of conscience.” (Campbell on Baptism, p. 409.)

Alexander Campbell says: “It was for having his brother’s wife in his brother’s lifetime which procured a rebuke to Herod from the first Baptist preacher. (Alexander Campbell: Christian Baptist, Vol. VI., p. 70).

Alexander Campbell: "The Baptist denomination in all ages and all countries has been, as a body, the constant asserters of the rights of man and the liberty of conscience. They have often been persecuted by Pedobaptists; but they never politically persecuted, though they have had it in their power."
    (Alexander Campbell on Baptism, p. 409, editions 1851, 1853).

"Clouds of witnesses attest the fact, that before the reformation from ******, and from the apostolic age, to the present time, the sentiments of Baptists, and the practice of Baptism have had a continuous chain of advocates, and public monuments of their existence in every century can be produced ."
    (Campbell - McCalla Debate, p. 378).

I have used your leader as a reference.....what more could I do .......HE IS CERTAINLY NOT A BIASED SOURCE.

No Baptist sources were cited......as I said somebody lied to you about this subject .

Leave a comment:

• Rejoran
    replied

Widely held by the enemies of the Baptists.......You even say he was aligned with the Anabaptists they can be traced way way back.

On the other hand the founder of your cult started not too long ago.

Your Founder certainly tells us about Baptists origins :

"The Baptists can trace their origin to apostolic times, and can produce unequivocal testimony of their existence in every century can be produced."
    (Campbell's Debate with Walker).
    I don't think Wikipedia and other generic search engines are enemies of the Baptists. I certainly am not. There may have been people who held to Baptist beliefs before the Baptist church itself was an entity, but a number of their defining beliefs certainly don't have documented evidence back to the first century. And it seems you're presenting ad hoc arguments, attacking the presenter instead of addressing the subject matter. Would you like to address what I actually said in my original post on this thread or provide documentation as to the origin of the Baptist church instead of just telling me I'm wrong?
    Last edited by Rejoran; 01-01-19, 10:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bigboy
    replied
    So the things that you cite are true and the things that I cite are not?

It is widely held that John Smyth joined with the Anabaptists and began the Baptist Church around 1609. You can look that up just about anywhere.
    Widely held by the enemies of the Baptists.......You even say he was aligned with the Anabaptists they can be traced way way back.

On the other hand the founder of your cult started not too long ago.

Your Founder certainly tells us about Baptists origins :

"The Baptists can trace their origin to apostolic times, and can produce unequivocal testimony of their existence in every century can be produced."
    (Campbell's Debate with Walker).

Leave a comment:

• Rejoran
    replied
    Duplicate.

Leave a comment:

• Rejoran
    replied
    Duplicate.

Leave a comment:

• Rejoran
    replied
    Duplicate.

Leave a comment:

• Rejoran
    replied
    Duplicate

Leave a comment:

• Rejoran
    replied
    Duplicate.

Leave a comment:

• Rejoran
    replied

Somebody lied to You concerning who founded the Baptist Church.

Another heretic statement the founder of your Cult made :

Alexander Campbell : There was no Jesus, no Messiah, no Christ, no Son of God, no Only Begotten, before the reign of Augustus Cesar.
    So the things that you cite are true and the things that I cite are not?

It is widely held that John Smyth joined with the Anabaptists and began the Baptist Church around 1609. You can look that up just about anywhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X