Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Do you think Jesus made plain grape juice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Jesus made plain grape juice

at the wedding at cana? Or did He make WINE (fermented juice usually of grapes or other berries)?

Why use UNFERMENTED grape juice for communion? Is THAT what you think Jesus did?. . .REALLY?
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

I find Baptists vs wine to be one of the most amusing subjects, in sort of a car wreck sort of way.

What makes Baptists so amusing is that they are legalistic about submersion of adults because that's how, they insist, baptism was done in the Bible. But, they strongly oppose following the Bible on the use of real wine in Communion, hiding behind the absurd fig leaf that wine in the Bible is just grape juice, compounded by insisting there's no room for anyone to believe Jesus really did make wine.

Instead of being amused, I'd be withing my right to say Baptists don't believe the Bible.

(The Bible doesn't tells us how baptism was done. And, I charge Baptists of legalism for insisting on rebaptism when a previous baptism was done in good faith, even if not done with how Baptist, or myself, believe it technically should be done.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ruk View Post
      I find Baptists vs wine to be one of the most amusing subjects, in sort of a car wreck sort of way.

What makes Baptists so amusing is that they are legalistic about submersion of adults because that's how, they insist, baptism was done in the Bible. But, they strongly oppose following the Bible on the use of real wine in Communion, hiding behind the absurd fig leaf that wine in the Bible is just grape juice, compounded by insisting there's no room for anyone to believe Jesus really did make wine.

Instead of being amused, I'd be withing my right to say Baptists don't believe the Bible.

(The Bible doesn't tells us how baptism was done. And, I charge Baptists of legalism for insisting on rebaptism when a previous baptism was done in good faith, even if not done with how Baptist, or myself, believe it technically should be done.)
      Man......you really shed the spotlight on the Baptists car wreck.....think maybe you could rescue any survivors ?
      No conviction,No conversion
      John 16:8
      And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
        at the wedding at cana? Or did He make WINE (fermented juice usually of grapes or other berries)?

Why use UNFERMENTED grape juice for communion? Is THAT what you think Jesus did?. . .REALLY?
        Not to mention that there was no way to preserve unfermented grape juice for ~6 months from the harvest until the last supper before modern canning and refrigeration.

Comment

Originally posted by Theophilos View Post

Not to mention that there was no way to preserve unfermented grape juice for ~6 months from the harvest until the last supper before modern canning and refrigeration.
          Sounds like you have really thought this thru.

What kind of church do you attend and what brand of fermented wine do you all use....or do you ferment your own?
          And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigboy

Does McDonald’s allow you to use fermented wine in their restaurant ? You do Pastor a church that meets there....at least thats what you stated in the past.

Does Ronald Mcdonald partake of your fermented wine.......do the kids notice it on his breath ?
            I have NEVER said I pastored a church that meets at McDonalds. Why do you need to prevaricate so, EDIT PER MOD My wife and I eat breakfast there most mornings. People wander by and join us and we talk about Jesus mostly.

Your whine does NOT CHANGE the TRUTH that Jesus made WINE at the wedding at Cana ('Oinos" in the Greek, the word we get 'wino' from).
            Do YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

Last edited by 4Him; 01-03-19, 09:09 AM.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

My point EXACTLY. Just TRY to put UNTREATED grape juice into an UNTREATED goat skin and hang it in a warm room for ~6 months. Then just SEE what that FERMENTED RESULT IS!. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

Sounds like you have really thought this thru.

What kind of church do you attend and what brand of fermented wine do you all use....or do you ferment your own?
                I go to an Eastern Catholic Church. Catholics and Orthodox have always used fermented wine for communion.

Comment

Man......you really shed the spotlight on the Baptists car wreck.....think maybe you could rescue any survivors ?
                  Baptists 'car wreck?' Care to illuminate on that a bit?

I am more of a 'baptist-type' CHRISTIAN than most anything else. CHRISTIAN FIRST, then baptist/presbyterian/lutheran/evangelical-type CHRISTIAN after.

But baptist in general style, mostly.

I and virtually EVERY Conservative Baptist CHRISTIAN are ALL survivors of your religiounist liberal folks. They do nothing for us.

So PLEASE DO TELL US why you think that baptists are a 'car wreck.'
                  SHOW US SCRIPTURE, since that is the ONLY Authority we will recognize. YOU we do not know. . .

Comment

I have NEVER said I pastored a church that meets at McDonalds. Why do you need to prevaricate so, boy? My wife and I eat breakfast there most mornings. People wander by and join us and we talk about Jesus mostly.

Your whine does NOT CHANGE the TRUTH that Jesus made WINE at the wedding at Cana ('Oinos" in the Greek, the word we get 'wino' from).
                    Do YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

Oh ok ..........so what brand of fermented wine Does YOUR Church use ?

Comment

People who believe wrong things will believe anything, mo matter how wrong and dumb, to protect their belief. In Baptist circles, they often tell each other that the grape juice was boiled down to a paste which preserved it, and then reconstituted to drink. There's no evidence in the bible of this practice. There's no evidence in all ancient history, other than shameless misquotes, that this was ever a practice. And, it doesn't work. Refrigerated paste goes bad before six months, and would still taste awful if reconstituted before it went bad.

Even if the paste thing worked and was practiced, people were still getting drunk on the wine in the Bible. Jesus was still condemned by the pharisees for drinking wine. Members of the church of Corinth were still getting drunk with Communion wine (and Paul chastised them for not drinking at home instead). God still made wine to gladden the heart of man and to be served for a wedding dinner, which grape juice just doesn't do.

Comment

Baptists 'car wreck?' Care to illuminate on that a bit?

Two Quick suggestions.......keep up with WHO said what.......Ask the person who said that !

Comment

SHOW US SCRIPTURE, since that is the ONLY Authority we will recognize. YOU we do not know. . .[/COLOR][/B]
                          If scripture were your only authority, you'd use real wine in Communion. Baptists are self-righteous, like the Pharisees. They make up their own rules while insisting they follow scripture. I see them condemning Jesus for drinking wine just as the Pharisees condemned Jesus for drinking wine.

Show you in scripture? haha

Comment

Two Quick suggestions.......keep up with WHO said what.......Ask the person who said that !
                            YOU quoted theo as if YOU AGREED WITH HIM. THEN YOU WENT ON TO WHINE:

"
                            Does McDonald’s allow you to use fermented wine in their restaurant ? You do Pastor a church that meets there....at least thats what you stated in the past.

Does Ronald Mcdonald partake of your fermented wine.......do the kids notice it on his breath ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruk View Post

If scripture were your only authority, you'd use real wine in Communion. Baptists are self-righteous, like the Pharisees. They make up their own rules while insisting they follow scripture. I see them condemning Jesus for drinking wine just as the Pharisees condemned Jesus for drinking wine.

Show you in scripture? haha
                              Then just like the pharisees you Also must believe the following :

Luke 7:34
                              34 The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!

Matthew 9:34
                              34 But the Pharisees said, He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils.

You and the Pharisees Believe Jesus was a drunk....a glutton which is a sin and was possessed by the devil.......You and the pharisees don’t think much of Jesus do you ?

Comment

Working...
                              X