Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Do you think Jesus made plain grape juice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AWANA View Post
    Our church, and every Baptist church I've ever been in in the past 67 years, has used grape juice. Here's a question I've always wondered about, and maybe you that attend churches that serve wine can answer for me. We have people in our communion service who, being born again believers, take the bread and cup. Quite a few are under the age of 18, some under the age of 10. How can you serve them an alcoholic beverage without breaking the law?
    Every state allows churches to serve Communion wine to minors. Even during prohibition, churches were allowed to serve Communions alcohol to adults and minors. Most states also allow minors to drink alcohol with their parents and/or on private property.

Comment

Iíve asked a few Pastors this question thru the years.

When you go to the local liquior store ( up until last year liquior stores were the only place to purchase alcohol in Okla ) while at the liquior store purchasing your bottle of wine for the Lordís supper.......do you invite the owner of liquior store to Church ?

How about the town drunk........how about the father who is there blowing his paycheck with three hungry kids at home.........How about the prostitute......how about etc etc.

One reprobate wino pastor actually told me .......he tried to driveby and wait till no one was at the Liquior store .......he didnít want people to think bad or judge him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Stinkin reprobate !!!!!!!!!!!!!
      No conviction,No conversion
      John 16:8
      And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

Each thing you mentioned is easily answered.....but From our discussions in the past drinking wine is minor compared to other doctrines you hold.

And......I would just as soon not discuss things with a moderator incognito . You have a good evening..
        The king of dodging strikes again. lol

Comment

I’ve asked a few Pastors this question thru the years.

When you go to the local liquior store ( up until last year liquior stores were the only place to purchase alcohol in Okla ) while at the liquior store purchasing your bottle of wine for the Lord’s supper.......do you invite the owner of liquior store to Church ?

How about the town drunk........how about the father who is there blowing his paycheck with three hungry kids at home.........How about the prostitute......how about etc etc.

One reprobate wino pastor actually told me .......he tried to driveby and wait till no one was at the Liquior store .......he didn’t want people to think bad or judge him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Stinkin reprobate !!!!!!!!!!!!!
          If I drink wine am I going to hell?

Comment

Now.......I have at least 30-40 more verses I could post that have the SAME meaning as these.........
            I've got 30 where wine is translated as wine (3631) including John 2:10. Funny how you ignore those verses. Now if drinking wine is sinful why would God make wine out of water at a wedding feast?

Comment

Working...
            X