Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Was Wine Used At The Table ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Was Wine Used At The Table ?

    The fact is, the bible says oinos was NOT used at the last supper.

    Matthew 26:27-29

    And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.


    The Saviour does not use oinos, the usual word for wine, but uses the phrase "genneematos tees ampelou," "this fruit of the vine."


    Was it because oinos was a generic word, including the juice of the grape in all its stages, that he chose a more specific phrase?


    Was it because he had previously selected the vine as the illustration of himself as the true vine, and his disciples as the fruit bearing branches, and the juice as "the pure blood of the grape"? (Deut. 32:14.)


    The Apostle Paul, 1 Cor. 10:15, not only avoids the word oinos (wine), but calls the liquid used "the cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ?"


    And in 11:25 he quotes the exact words of Christ, "This cup is the New Testament in my blood."


    The word oinos is specifically Not used.

    Why do the wine promoters atempt to change CHANGE Christ’s Very words to justify their Alocohol ?
    No conviction,No conversion
    John 16:8
    And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

  • #2
    The word WINE is never associated with the Lordís table .......Yet the alcohol promoters want to change scripture .
    No conviction,No conversion
    John 16:8
    And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

    Comment


    • #3
      Will you believe Little man's ideas and opinion OR God's Word??
      And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

      7 And He will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations.

      8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces, and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth; for the Lord hath spoken it.
      Isaiah 25:6-8

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bigboy View Post
        The word WINE is never associated with the Lord’s table .......Yet the alcohol promoters want to change scripture .
        True. The 'spirits' instead of THE SPIRIT OF YAHWEH prevails over most men and women..... to their destruction.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bigboy View Post
          The fact is, the bible says oinos was NOT used at the last supper.

          Matthew 26:27-29

          And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.


          The Saviour does not use oinos, the usual word for wine, but uses the phrase "genneematos tees ampelou," "this fruit of the vine."


          Was it because oinos was a generic word, including the juice of the grape in all its stages, that he chose a more specific phrase?


          Was it because he had previously selected the vine as the illustration of himself as the true vine, and his disciples as the fruit bearing branches, and the juice as "the pure blood of the grape"? (Deut. 32:14.)


          The Apostle Paul, 1 Cor. 10:15, not only avoids the word oinos (wine), but calls the liquid used "the cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ?"


          And in 11:25 he quotes the exact words of Christ, "This cup is the New Testament in my blood."


          The word oinos is specifically Not used.

          Why do the wine promoters atempt to change CHANGE Christ’s Very words to justify their Alocohol ?
          "to justify" their own intoxication..... They have A LOT of support from the many antichrists among us, and the abomination for the last 1700 years or so.

          Comment


          • #6
            Who will dare say to God,"no thanks Lord I am a real good person that will not drink the fine aged wine you are serving here!!!============
            And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

            7
            And He will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations.

            8
            He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces, and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth; for the Lord hath spoken it.
            Isaiah 25:6-8

            Comment


            • #7
              Who are you ? (if you want to tell)

              I don't know where you were raised or trained or taught, and it doesn't matter, does it? Every time I see your posts you seem to be arguing against Scripture and against God's People...

              Who will DARE TO SEEK THE TRUTH ? Might be a good question to ponder.... posters (a few) have been trying to tell you for a long time, and you refuse ....

              No, do not listen to the majority - the majority is always wrong and sinful and misleading, and on the WIDE ROAD TO DESTRUCTION.

              Seek the face of the Creator, the face of Yahweh, Seek His Kingdom, purely like (be becoming like) a little child.... and pray for His Revelation and His Salvation and His Truth to be Revealed BY HIM ....

              Otherwise , who are you? What 'group' are you trying to represent? and why ?

              Leading people to drunkenness will only lead to judgment, certain judgment, and much pain ad many troubles for you.

              Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
              Who will dare say to God,"no thanks Lord I am a real good person that will not drink the fine aged wine you are serving here!!!============
              And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

              7
              And He will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations.

              8
              He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces, and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth; for the Lord hath spoken it.
              Isaiah 25:6-8

              Comment


              • #8
                I am not saying God wants anyone drunk or to weigh 500 lbs. He does not!!
                Who will dare say to God,"no thanks Lord I am a real good person that will not drink the fine aged wine you are serving here!!!============
                And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.

                7
                And He will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations.

                8
                He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces, and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth; for the Lord hath spoken it.

                Isaiah 25:6-8

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bigboy View Post
                  The fact is, the bible says oinos was NOT used at the last supper.

                  Matthew 26:27-29

                  And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.


                  The Saviour does not use oinos, the usual word for wine, but uses the phrase "genneematos tees ampelou," "this fruit of the vine."


                  Was it because oinos was a generic word, including the juice of the grape in all its stages, that he chose a more specific phrase?


                  Was it because he had previously selected the vine as the illustration of himself as the true vine, and his disciples as the fruit bearing branches, and the juice as "the pure blood of the grape"? (Deut. 32:14.)


                  The Apostle Paul, 1 Cor. 10:15, not only avoids the word oinos (wine), but calls the liquid used "the cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ?"


                  And in 11:25 he quotes the exact words of Christ, "This cup is the New Testament in my blood."


                  The word oinos is specifically Not used.

                  Why do the wine promoters atempt to change CHANGE Christís Very words to justify their Alocohol ?
                  Your legalism knows no bounds. What do you think they drank Welchs grape juice? You would do better to read scripture in its entirety and not spoof text it. Christ was drinking wine at the last supper. If you would let scripture speak and not force God's word into your presuppositions you'd see if.

                  Christ said I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it with you in a new way in my father's kingdom. Then in John, something happened and then something was drunk and then something was said. He hung on the cross, he drank sour wine, and then said "it is finished." He died and by his death established his kingdom. The drinking of sour wine was a sign of his prophetic words being fulfilled.

                  I'm probably dead wrong. See what they did was travel to a vineyard and buy grapes, which must've been miraculous considering it was a growing season, buy several bushels of grapes, crush them, press them, and drink it almost instantly cause if you let fresh sqeezed juice sit around it will ferment.
                  Last edited by Dropkick; 02-02-19, 07:39 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dropkick View Post

                    Your legalism knows no bounds. What do you think they drank Welchs grape juice? You would do better to read scripture in its entirety and not spoof text it. Christ was drinking wine at the last supper. If you would let scripture speak and not force God's word into your presuppositions you'd see if.

                    Christ said I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it with you in a new way in my father's kingdom. Then in John, something happened and then something was drunk and then something was said. He hung on the cross, he drank sour wine, and then said "it is finished." He died and by his death established his kingdom. The drinking of sour wine was a sign of his prophetic words being fulfilled.

                    I'm probably dead wrong. See what they did was travel to a vineyard and buy grapes, which must've been miraculous considering it was a growing season, buy several bushels of grapes, crush them, press them, and drink it almost instantly cause if you let fresh sqeezed juice sit around it will ferment.
                    Yeah I see your point.........Christ and everyone else were making a mistake by avoiding the use of the word wine.......they aren’t as as sharp as some wine promoters.
                    No conviction,No conversion
                    John 16:8
                    And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

                      Yeah I see your point.........Christ and everyone else were making a mistake by avoiding the use of the word wine.......they aren’t as as sharp as some wine promoters.
                      They didn't avoid wine at the last supper, they drank it. I should it to you but yet you failed to deal with scripture in its entirety. You continue to make law where no law exists.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dropkick View Post

                        They didn't avoid wine at the last supper, they drank it. I should it to you but yet you failed to deal with scripture in its entirety. You continue to make law where no law exists.
                        I dealt with Christís actual words He used at the supper as He IDENTIFIED the element being used.

                        I believe and accept Christís words.......why donít you ?
                        No conviction,No conversion
                        John 16:8
                        And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

                          I dealt with Christ’s actual words He used at the supper as He IDENTIFIED the element being used.

                          I believe and accept Christ’s words.......why don’t you ?
                          Yes you did. But you didn't, probably I tentionally, say what the juice of the fruit of the vine is. I showed by using scripture that it was wine. Seeing as the fruit of the vine was out of season at the time of the institution of the Lord's supper and they didn't pasturize grape juice until a couple thousand years later, we can only conclude that the juice of the fruit of the vine is wine. Christ didn't avoid the mention of wine he assumes you're smart enough to know what he's referring to.

                          If that isn't enough then see the book of John.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dropkick View Post

                            Yes you did. But you didn't, probably I tentionally, say what the juice of the fruit of the vine is. I showed by using scripture that it was wine. Seeing as the fruit of the vine was out of season at the time of the institution of the Lord's supper and they didn't pasturize grape juice until a couple thousand years later, we can only conclude that the juice of the fruit of the vine is wine. Christ didn't avoid the mention of wine he assumes you're smart enough to know what he's referring to.

                            If that isn't enough then see the book of John.
                            Your Opinion dont trump the words of the Savior.......he didnít stutter or make a mistake HE IDENTIFIED the element........I believe him .......you donít. ....why ?
                            No conviction,No conversion
                            John 16:8
                            And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Don't try to argue and fight against God's Word===
                              And in this mountain shall the Lord of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined.


                              7
                              And He will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations.


                              8
                              He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces, and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth; for the Lord hath spoken it.
                              Isaiah 25:6-8
                              Last edited by 4Him; 02-02-19, 09:03 PM. Reason: No violation

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X