Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Did Chuck Smith really die?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Chuck Smith really die?

I've heard the rumor that Chuck Smith died of lung cancer: and yet it is common knowledge within the Calvary Chapel movement that while he advocated the idea that smoking isn't a sin; he personally hated smoking and resisted picking up cigarette butts at CCCM until the Lord told him he had to be a servant: and that CC as a whole as a result generally recruited people to do all kinds of job services for free in the name of service or as a motivation for being accepted as a minister within the movement (as though everyone's gift is that of helps).

Did he really even have lung cancer?

Will there suddenly be the report of a miracle that Chuck Smith has supposedly risen from the dead after many years so he can teach all over again in person with physical presence the basic tenets of the denomination? When every last one of his teaching tapes has been preserved and also given as an assignment to take notes on in order to graduate the Bible College? I went there for three semesters although not all of them were for credit. I finally dropped out when I realized something taught by him in the tapes wasn't faithful and that the Bible College expected everyone to adhere to the teachings of the tapes if they were going to be given support from the "Costa Mecca Campus," as it was lovingly referred to by some, to start a new Calvary Chapel anywhere since every CC pastor had to be approved by Chuck. Elizabeth Esther, you got through to me. Thank you. I understand your position wonderfully now. I have also shared my own reasons for leaving them at a website I got from wix.com. Followed your lead.

Will it be established with eyewitness accounts that when he rose, he made good on his word when alive that he would punch in the nose anyone who rose him from the dead?

I once sat in a car while Chuck was teaching on the radio and the person sitting next to me said, "I don't trust that guy."

I defended him because as with everyone within the movement who really adheres to it I believed deep down that CC is the true church and that other denominations don't have a handle on the truth taught by 'Papa Chuck'. And I know that their pastors have publicly denied this from their pulpits because they know that that is what defines a cult; and I wonder if they are truly Christian pastors or if they are just doing their best to keep the denomination alive.

"Jesus people" can you say, "in place of Christ?"seems to me that that is what they were in the beginning before they calmed down and stopped telling everyone they really were Christ? I don't know if this is true or not because I wasn't there when it all started or was too too young to understand as I was born in '73. But I know that Jesus predicted that people would do this in the last days and also deceive many.

If Papa chuck is still alive then what is he doing behind the scenes today? Not everyone that went to Calvary Chapel understood the doctrines of the movement if they came in late or just didn't understand what was being said, though chuck seemed to be a clear and concise teacher. Most were encouraged to be Bereans and to read the Bible, which is why a few were dressed in white who did not soil their garments. Truth that might be considered stranger than fiction: the idea that the messenger (angel) of the church of Sardis would be other than he seems.
    "Thou therefore endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." 2 Tim 2:3

"Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none." Ps 69:20

My take on one of the major doctrinal errors of the movement: EDIT PER MOD

Please go there and find out which one of us teaches holiness in my view.

just copy and paste the url to the top line like in the old days when things weren't so easy for the lazy.
    Last edited by 4Him; 09-01-14, 09:25 AM.
    "Thou therefore endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." 2 Tim 2:3

"Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none." Ps 69:20

Comment

Originally posted by Geoffrey41 View Post
      I've heard the rumor that Chuck Smith died of lung cancer: and yet it is common knowledge within the Calvary Chapel movement that while he advocated the idea that smoking isn't a sin; he personally hated smoking and resisted picking up cigarette butts at CCCM until the Lord told him he had to be a servant: and that CC as a whole as a result generally recruited people to do all kinds of job services for free in the name of service or as a motivation for being accepted as a minister within the movement (as though everyone's gift is that of helps).

Will there suddenly be the report of a miracle that Chuck Smith has supposedly risen from the dead after many years so he can teach all over again in person with physical presence the basic tenets of the denomination? When every last one of his teaching tapes has been preserved and also given as an assignment to take notes on in order to graduate the Bible College? I went there for three semesters although not all of them were for credit. I finally dropped out when I realized something taught by him in the tapes wasn't faithful and that the Bible College expected everyone to adhere to the teachings of the tapes if they were going to be given support from the "Costa Mecca Campus," as it was lovingly referred to by some, to start a new Calvary Chapel anywhere since every CC pastor had to be approved by Chuck. Elizabeth Esther, you got through to me. Thank you. I understand your position wonderfully now. I have also shared my own reasons for leaving them at a website I got from wix.com. Followed your lead.

Will it be established with eyewitness accounts that when he rose, he made good on his word when alive that he would punch in the nose anyone who rose him from the dead?

I once sat in a car while Chuck was teaching on the radio and the person sitting next to me said, "I don't trust that guy."

I defended him because as with everyone within the movement who really adheres to it I believed deep down that CC is the true church and that other denominations don't have a handle on the truth taught by 'Papa Chuck'. And I know that their pastors have publicly denied this from their pulpits because they know that that is what defines a cult; and I wonder if they are truly Christian pastors or if they are just doing their best to keep the denomination alive.

"Jesus people" can you say, "in place of Christ?"seems to me that that is what they were in the beginning before they calmed down and stopped telling everyone they really were Christ? I don't know if this is true or not because I wasn't there when it all started or was too too young to understand as I was born in '73. But I know that Jesus predicted that people would do this in the last days and also deceive many.

If Papa chuck is still alive then what is he doing behind the scenes today? Not everyone that went to Calvary Chapel understood the doctrines of the movement if they came in late or just didn't understand what was being said, though chuck seemed to be a clear and concise teacher. Most were encouraged to be Bereans and to read the Bible, which is why a few were dressed in white who did not soil their garments. Truth that might be considered stranger than fiction: the idea that the messenger (angel) of the church of Sardis would be other than he seems.
      LOL...Maybe he is in Vegas with Elvis? Just when I thought I have seen it all...
      But there has been a great difficulty in getting anything into the heads of this generation. It has been like splitting hemlock knots with a corn-dodger for a wedge, and a pumpkin for a beetle. Even the Saints are slow to understand. Joseph Smith...

Comment

Originally posted by Markk View Post
        LOL...Maybe he is in Vegas with Elvis? Just when I thought I have seen it all...
        i know, right?!? plus it would appear that some don't know that one can develop lung cancer without ever smoking. and some who have smoked for decades never develop it.
        cassie
        Fundies say the darndest things - simplicio

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

for today, for this moment... it is well with my soul.

as long as there is life, there is hope.

what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

Comment

A: Yes!

Comment

I've heard the rumor that Chuck Smith died of lung cancer: and yet it is common knowledge within the Calvary Chapel movement that while he advocated the idea that smoking isn't a sin; he personally hated smoking and resisted picking up cigarette butts..<snip>..
            Chuck Smith did not smoke.

...<snip>...If Papa chuck is still alive then what is he doing behind the scenes today? ....<snip>...
            Still alive? No, he is with the Lord now. The church structure can be seen ----> here

There is no conspiracy. It's a church that teaches the bible.

"The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

" It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and it is the glory of a king to search out a matter. " ( Proverbs 25:2 )

Comment

Well, if Chuck is still alive, then his family and friends are doing a great job of keeping his life secret.
              to why I can only say--- good job guys.
              especially since his wife has had dementia, or alzheimers for several years now. In which case, his stepping back, and leaving CCCM in the hands of his daughter, and son in law.
              it strikes me that Chuck has been promoted, and his kids are fighting for their mother's well-being.
              but if you actually need for Chuck to be alive, then Carry on. Don't let your deception kick you in the derriere. They have a mean bite.
              God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
              an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

Comment

Witness protection program.
                1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
                1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

...I once sat in a car while Chuck was teaching on the radio and the person sitting next to me said, "I don't trust that guy."

I defended him because as with everyone within the movement who really adheres to it I believed deep down that CC is the true church and that other denominations don't have a handle on the truth taught by 'Papa Chuck'. And I know that their pastors have publicly denied this from their pulpits because they know that that is what defines a cult; and I wonder if they are truly Christian pastors or if they are just doing their best to keep the denomination alive.....
                  Whoever that person in a car next to you, listen to them. They were right. Same about the "pastors" even though they publicly denied it, ....

No one can honestly say the "denomination" is alive. See the expose's online, and test everything, all the time, by Scripture.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic View Post
                    Witness protection program.....
                    haha.....

All the witnesses in the witness protection program die, unless Jesus Returns before they die.

And, it is as written, "Unless they repent, each one, they too shall perish..... "

Comment

They had a surfer funeral for him....doesn't that kinda make it official?
                      God even sent a rainbow, dude. You know, like those beach sandals... 🤙

https://www.ocregister.com/2013/10/2...r-chuck-smith/

Comment

Working...
                      X