Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the latest in the Calvary Chapel split?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gkaplan
    started a topic What is the latest in the Calvary Chapel split?

What is the latest in the Calvary Chapel split?

What are the groups and how big are they now? What are the major issues? Are some becoming Reformed?

• Truth7t7
    replied
    Originally posted by gkaplan View Post

I did read about that. What I was really wondering is whether or not the split was merely a few churches or a larger percentage.
    Christianity Today Has A Good Article?

It Appears To Me That "Brian Broderson" Wants The Whole 1700 Church Enchilada, He Has Started A New Conference CCGN splitting away from The Historical CCA ?

Historical CCA : "Calvary Chapel Association" appears that 11 Calvary Chapel Pastors Are The "Council"

New Brian Broderson CCGN: "Calvary Chapel Global Network"

It Appears That The Shaking Up Is In Progress, Who Will Move To The CCGN & Who Will Stay With The CCA Is To Be Seen, Brian Broderson Against The Big Names In The CCA Raul Ries, David Rosales, Jeff Johnson, Lloyd Pulley, Jack Hibbs, Don Mcclure, Mike Macintosh?

I Think The Majority Will Stay CCA Time Will Tell, It Appears That Brian Broderson Does Not Want To be accountable To The Historical Group?

A Good Read, A Letter To Chuck Smith From Roger Oakland, Calvary Chapel Falling From Within?
    Last edited by Truth7t7; 07-22-17, 02:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gkaplan
    replied
    Originally posted by American Gothic View Post

A big issue was ownership and control of Chuck Smith's intellectual property (sermons, written materials, broadcasts, etc.) which were a part of his The Word For Today ministry.
    I think the courts ruled in favor of the Smith family over CC Costa Mesa and Brian Broderson, who were accused of blocking access of the family to and unauthorized use of those materials after his death.
    I did read about that. What I was really wondering is whether or not the split was merely a few churches or a larger percentage.

Leave a comment:

• American Gothic
    replied
    What are the major issues?
    A big issue was ownership and control of Chuck Smith's intellectual property (sermons, written materials, broadcasts, etc.) which were a part of his The Word For Today ministry.
    I think the courts ruled in favor of the Smith family over CC Costa Mesa and Brian Broderson, who were accused of blocking access of the family to and unauthorized use of those materials after his death.

Leave a comment:

• inertia
    replied

Thanks. I cannot tell how big the split was. Was it just Costa Mesa that split from the CCA or did they take a large percentage with them?
    As far as I know there is one other: - Calvary Chapel San Juan Capistrono

Leave a comment:

• gkaplan
    replied
    Originally posted by inertia View Post

Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa departed from the Calvary Chapel Association for "methodological and practical" reasons, not theological.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/61116...tament-prophet

Here is a CCA map: http://calvarychapelassociation.com/...al-leadership/

- "It's ultimately a declaration that Calvary Chapel is not unified in vision as how to proceed together in ministry," Fong says. "If you study the church history, one can see that there have been many 'dividings' not necessarily 'divisions,' but dividings where people go separate ways. The dividing of Paul and Barnabas is an example."
    Thanks. I cannot tell how big the split was. Was it just Costa Mesa that split from the CCA or did they take a large percentage with them?

Leave a comment:

• inertia
    replied
    What are the groups and how big are they now? What are the major issues? Are some becoming Reformed?
    Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa departed from the Calvary Chapel Association for "methodological and practical" reasons, not theological.

http://www.charismanews.com/us/61116...tament-prophet

Here is a CCA map: http://calvarychapelassociation.com/...al-leadership/

- "It's ultimately a declaration that Calvary Chapel is not unified in vision as how to proceed together in ministry," Fong says. "If you study the church history, one can see that there have been many 'dividings' not necessarily 'divisions,' but dividings where people go separate ways. The dividing of Paul and Barnabas is an example."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X