Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Where Is Calvary Chapel Heading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Is Calvary Chapel Heading?

Christianity Today Has A Good Article?

It Appears To Me That "Brian Broderson" Wants The Whole 1700 Church Enchilada, He Has Started A New Conference CCGN splitting away from The Historical CCA ?

Historical CCA : "Calvary Chapel Association" appears that 11 Calvary Chapel Pastors Are The "Council"

New Brian Broderson CCGN: "Calvary Chapel Global Network"

It Appears That The Shaking Up Is In Progress, Who Will Move To The CCGN & Who Will Stay With The CCA Is To Be Seen, Brian Broderson Against The Big Names In The CCA Raul Ries, David Rosales, Jeff Johnson, Lloyd Pulley, Jack Hibbs, Don Mcclure, Mike Macintosh?

I Think The Majority Will Stay CCA Time Will Tell, It Appears To Me That Brian Broderson Does Not Want To be accountable To The Historical Group?

Roman Catholicism & Calvary Chapel, Purpose-Driven Movement?

A Good Read, A Letter To Chuck Smith From Roger Oakland, Calvary Chapel Falling From Within?

♦ I read your linked article, "A Good Read, A Letter To Chuck Smith From Roger Oakland."
    It was fascinating. Had a little age on it I think but still quite typical of normal church politics.

♦ Where you have assets, money, and power (that is produced by 1700 churches) you will
    have church politics. That's the nature of the beast (the beast of fallen corrupted human nature)

♦ Christendom, it goes without saying, is not yet ready for political or theological unity. She will
    be ready one day, but no any time soon, probably not be ready for unity for a dozen or so
    millenniums yet to come.

♦ Meanwhile political splits can serve the purpose of the Lord's Great Commission nicely, in
    that, "divide and create more Christian organizations" does in fact work pragmatically. It is
    better to have two Christian organizations than just one --- if that one is going to "fight like
    cats and dogs."

♦ By the way, Chuck Smith made some serious theological and eschatological errors,
    did he not?

During the late 1970s and early 1980s, Chuck Smith wrote and published a prophetic
    timeline that declared the imminent return of Christ.

In the book Snatched Away!, published in 1976, Smith wrote:
    ` "the generation that was living in May of 1948 shall not pass until the
    second coming of Jesus Christ takes place and the kingdom of God be
    established upon the earth".

`
    In a 1978 book, Smith wrote:
    `
    I believe that the generation of 1948 is the last generation. Since a generation
    of judgment is forty years and the Tribulation period lasts seven years, I believe
    the Lord could come back for His Church any time before the Tribulation starts,
    which would mean any time before 1981.
    `

The reasoning had to do with the idea that the seven-year Tribulation would end in 1988,
    forty years after the establishment of the state of Israel. In his 1978 book, Smith reasoned
    that Halley's Comet in 1986 would result in problems for those left behind: "The Lord said
    that towards the end of the Tribulation period the sun would scorch men who dwell upon
    the face of the earth (Rev. 16). The year 1986 would fit just about right! We’re getting
    close to the Tribulation and the return of Christ in glory. All the pieces of the puzzle are
    coming together."
    `

Disappointment resulting from the prophecy not materializing in 1981 caused some to
    leave the church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvar...Christ_in_1981
    All that is pure foolishness. UN-Biblical too.
    "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" (Eph. 2:8)

Comment

Originally posted by JAG View Post
      ♦ I read your linked article, "A Good Read, A Letter To Chuck Smith From Roger Oakland."
      It was fascinating. Had a little age on it I think but still quite typical of normal church politics.

♦ Where you have assets, money, and power (that is produced by 1700 churches) you will
      have church politics. That's the nature of the beast (the beast of fallen corrupted human nature)

♦ Christendom, it goes without saying, is not yet ready for political or theological unity. She will
      be ready one day, but no any time soon, probably not be ready for unity for a dozen or so
      millenniums yet to come.

♦ Meanwhile political splits can serve the purpose of the Lord's Great Commission nicely, in
      that, "divide and create more Christian organizations" does in fact work pragmatically. It is
      better to have two Christian organizations than just one --- if that one is going to "fight like
      cats and dogs."

♦ By the way, Chuck Smith made some serious theological and eschatological errors,
      did he not?

All that is pure foolishness. UN-Biblical too.
      There Is One Christian Organization "The Church" this encompasses individuals in many places around the world, that are not a part of buildings and mega schemes $$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Truth7t7 View Post
        There Is One Christian Organization "The Church" this encompasses individuals
        in many places around the world, that are not a part of buildings and mega schemes
        $$$$$$
        I agree with all that at least in the spirit of what I believe you are saying.

I don't know what you mean by "not a part of buildings." Just for argument's sake
        lets say you have 300 Christian families, each with a husband and wife and each
        family has three offspring ages 1 to 24. That's 600 adults and 900 offspring. Lets
        say there are 1000 other people in the church who are either aunts or uncles or
        cousins or friends That's a total of 2,500 people. I know you know this, but I'm
        gonna make the point anyway. Those 2,500 cannot meet in the middle of Farmer
        John's field and survive as a local church --- pouring down rain, freezing cold,
        human nature, etc

They need a building and hopefully a very large one that can accommodate a lot
        of growth --- long live the Lord's Great Commission --- . . . And I would love for their
        Christian Church building to be very nice with large spacious Sunday School rooms,
        and very cold blowing Air Conditioning throughout.

I would like for them tp have a HUGE $$$$$$$ annual dollar budget so they can fund:

♦ Foreign Missions of their denomination.

♦ The Lord's Great Commission (to go and "disciple the nations") generally in other areas

♦ Samaritan's Purse

♦ The Gideon's International

♦ Compassion International

♦ Their Own Local Christian Church Expansion. They're 2,500 now. They live, say, in a
        city of 2,000,000 --- so hopefully before long that can sell their existing church building
        for which they paid $12,000,000 --- sell it to another Christian Church in that city who needs
        a larger building, and then these original 2,500 can go build an even LARGER and
        MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE Christian Church building to support their ever-increasing
        growth. (The Lord Jesus died for PEOPLE --- therefore a Christian Church with
        LARGE NUMBERS of PEOPLE pleases God. So hopefully their new Christian Church
        building will cost $20,000,000 because it NEEDS to be that big to accommodate the new
        growth and so soon there will be 4,500 PEOPLE, instead of merely 2,500, attending their
        church every week.

Does all that sound like something that thrills your heart? And something that you would
        love to help support?

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" (Eph. 2:8)

Comment

I agree with all that at least in the spirit of what I believe you are saying.

I don't know what you mean by "not a part of buildings." Just for argument's sake
          lets say you have 300 Christian families, each with a husband and wife and each
          family has three offspring ages 1 to 24. That's 600 adults and 900 offspring. Lets
          say there are 1000 other people in the church who are either aunts or uncles or
          cousins or friends That's a total of 2,500 people. I know you know this, but I'm
          gonna make the point anyway. Those 2,500 cannot meet in the middle of Farmer
          John's field and survive as a local church --- pouring down rain, freezing cold,
          human nature, etc

They need a building and hopefully a very large one that can accommodate a lot
          of growth --- long live the Lord's Great Commission --- . . . And I would love for their
          Christian Church building to be very nice with large spacious Sunday School rooms,
          and very cold blowing Air Conditioning throughout.

I would like for them tp have a HUGE $$$$$$$ annual dollar budget so they can fund:

♦ Foreign Missions of their denomination.

♦ The Lord's Great Commission (to go and "disciple the nations") generally in other areas

♦ Samaritan's Purse

♦ The Gideon's International

♦ Compassion International

♦ Their Own Local Christian Church Expansion. They're 2,500 now. They live, say, in a
          city of 2,000,000 --- so hopefully before long that can sell their existing church building
          for which they paid $12,000,000 --- sell it to another Christian Church in that city who needs
          a larger building, and then these original 2,500 can go build an even LARGER and
          MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE Christian Church building to support their ever-increasing
          growth. (The Lord Jesus died for PEOPLE --- therefore a Christian Church with
          LARGE NUMBERS of PEOPLE pleases God. So hopefully their new Christian Church
          building will cost $20,000,000 because it NEEDS to be that big to accommodate the new
          growth and so soon there will be 4,500 PEOPLE, instead of merely 2,5000, attending their
          church every week.

Does all that sound like something that thrills your heart? And something that you would
          love to help support?

I Don't Believe The Mega Churches Represent Gods Truth, Joel Olsteen, John Hagee, Greg Laurie, Etc

I Believe Scripture Is True In The Rich Man & The Needles Eye

Luke 18:25KJV
          For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

You would like to see huge annual budgets, for various things?

However The Mega Churches See Huge Pastoral Bank Accounts, Mansions, Jets, They Run From Acts 4:34-35

Acts 4:34-35King James Version (KJV)
          34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
          35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

TBN Private Jets, Mansions

TBN Jan, Paul, Matthew Crouch, Mansions Lavish Lifestyle, Paul Is Now Deceased, Did He Make It Through The Needles Eye

Greg Laurie, Its Ok For Greg To Possess Millions, Read It

Don't Forget The Harley Collection

15 Christian Leaders That Make More Money Getting Out Of Bed Than You’ll Make All Year

John Hagee Mansion, I Mean Church Parsonage

Joel Osteen $55,000,000.00 WOW!

Benny Hinn $45,000,000.00
          Last edited by Truth7t7; 07-23-17, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I Don't Believe The Mega Churches Represent Gods Truth, Joel Olsteen, John Hagee, Greg Laurie, Etc

I Believe Scripture Is True In The Rich Man & The Needles Eye

Luke 18:25KJV
            For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

You would like to see huge annual budgets, for various things?

However The Mega Churches See Huge Pastoral Bank Accounts, Mansions, Jets, They Run From Acts 4:34-35

Acts 4:34-35King James Version (KJV)
            34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
            35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

TBN Private Jets, Mansions

TBN Jan, Paul, Matthew Crouch, Mansions Lavish Lifestyle, Paul Is Now Deceased, Did He Make It Through The Needles Eye

Greg Laurie, Its Ok For Greg To Possess Millions, Read It

Don't Forget The Harley Collection

15 Christian Leaders That Make More Money Getting Out Of Bed Than You’ll Make All Year

John Hagee Mansion, I Mean Church Parsonage

Joel Osteen $55,000,000.00 WOW!

Benny Hinn $45,000,000.00

Since we're not talking about the same subject and since we're not on the
            same page because we're not even in the same book -- rather you seem to
            desire to make posts on a variety of unrelated subjects, therefore let me
            offer this post to you for your reading enjoyment:

I believe in one God,
            the Father, the Almighty,
            maker of heaven and earth,
            of all that is, seen and unseen.

I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
            the only Son of God,
            eternally begotten of the Father,
            God from God, light from light,
            true God from true God,
            begotten, not made,
            of one Being with the Father;
            through him all things were made.

For us and for our salvation
            he came down from heaven,
            was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary
            and became truly human.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
            he suffered death and was buried.

On the third day he rose again
            in accordance with the Scriptures;
            he ascended into heaven
            and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and
            the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
            who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
            who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified,
            who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in the blessed Holy Trinity.
            One God manifest in three distinct Persons,
            Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

I believe in one holy universal and apostolic Church.

I acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
            I look forward to the resurrection of the dead,
            and the life of the world to come. In the name of the Father,
            and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen and amen.

Comment

I believe in one God,

the only Son of God,
              true God from true God,
              begotten, not made,

and became truly human.

he ascended into heaven

The Statement Of Faith Is What I Believe

However This Has Nothing To Do With The Facts Presented

Truth7t7

Comment

The Statement Of Faith Is What I Believe
                Great! That means we are brothers in the Lord Jesus.

However This Has Nothing To Do With The Facts Presented
                Yeah I know! I told you that before I wrote it. I did that because your
                post 5, which was supposed to be a response to my post 4, has nothing
                to do with the subjects of my post 5.

Remember I said this:

"Since we're not talking about the same subject and since we're not on the
                offer this post to you for your reading enjoyment:"__JAG

Comment

I believe in one God,

the only Son of God,
                  true God from true God,
                  begotten, not made,

and became truly human.

he ascended into heaven

Calvary Chapel Albuquerque resembles this remark.

" Historic Witness

We Believe in what is termed the Apostles' Creed as embodying the fundamental facts of Christian faith.

I believe in God, the Father almighty,
                  Creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
                  who was conceived by the Holy Spirit
                  and born of the Virgin Mary.
                  He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
                  was crucified, died, and was buried;
                  He descended into hell.
                  The third day He rose again from the dead.
                  He ascended to heaven
                  and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty.
                  From there He will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
                  the holy universal church,
                  the communion of the saints,
                  the forgiveness of sins,
                  the resurrection of the body,
                  and the life everlasting.

"
                  Reference: http://www.calvaryabq.org/churchinfo_whatwebelieve.asp
                  "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

" It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and it is the glory of a king to search out a matter. " ( Proverbs 25:2 )

Comment

I believe in one God,

the only Son of God,
                    true God from true God,
                    begotten, not made,

and became truly human.

he ascended into heaven

I love this creed
                    One cannot and must not try to erase the past merely because it does not fit the present. Golda Meir
                    Fundies say the darndest things - simplicio

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

as long as there is life, there is hope.

what unites us is stronger than what divides us...

Comment

Working...
                    X