Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Baptismal mode. What say the Prophets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Truther View Post

    Okay. So baptism for the remission of sins per Acts 2:38 has nothing to do with salvation?

    Can a person be saved without remission of sins?
    "Baptism in water" HAS NOTHING TO DO with "Remission of SIN". That's all accomplished by FAITH (enabled by God) in the Perfect SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the cross.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

      "Baptism in water" HAS NOTHING TO DO with "Remission of SIN". That's all accomplished by FAITH (enabled by God) in the Perfect SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the cross.
      38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

      Bob, are you sure about that?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by truther View Post

        38 then peter said unto them, repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of jesus christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the holy ghost.

        Bob, are you sure about that?
        Absolutely!!!!!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

          Absolutely!!!!!
          .....be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,.....


          Positively!!!!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Truther View Post

            .....be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,.....


            Positively!!!!
            The Bible has more that ONE Verse.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

              The Bible has more that ONE Verse.
              The best verse you can learn is Acts 2;38. The reason is the first salvational command to sinners by Peter was given at that verse.

              This was the birthday of the Church.

              Dont be an Acts skipper or a birthday skipper.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Truther View Post

                The best verse you can learn is Acts 2;38. The reason is the first salvational command to sinners by Peter was given at that verse.

                This was the birthday of the Church.

                Dont be an Acts skipper or a birthday skipper.
                The Birthday of the Church was John 20:22. Cessationists claim that it was Acts 2 because they don't know the difference between the INDWELLING of the Holy Spirit, and the "Enduement of Power".

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

                  The Birthday of the Church was John 20:22. Cessationists claim that it was Acts 2 because they don't know the difference between the INDWELLING of the Holy Spirit, and the "Enduement of Power".
                  You think the church started before Acts?

                  Interesting. So your church had no Holy Ghost.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Truther View Post

                    You think the church started before Acts?

                    Interesting. So your church had no Holy Ghost.
                    The disciples RECEIVED the Holy Spirit directly FROM JESUS at John 20:22. Then He told the "church" who already were indwelled by the Holy Spirit, to tarry in Jerusalem for something else to happen. Pentecost was when the Enduement of Power from on high (Jesus' terminology) occurred.

                    READ THE BIBLE!!!! It's all there, y'all!!!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

                      The disciples RECEIVED the Holy Spirit directly FROM JESUS at John 20:22. Then He told the "church" who already were indwelled by the Holy Spirit, to tarry in Jerusalem for something else to happen. Pentecost was when the Enduement of Power from on high (Jesus' terminology) occurred.

                      READ THE BIBLE!!!! It's all there, y'all!!!
                      So when Jesus told the disciples to go to Jerusalem until they are endued with power from on high in Acts 1:8 meant Jesus forgot he endued them already?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Acts 1:8. But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you....


                        Jesus forgot they already had the Holy Ghost before that in John 20?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          jerusalem is a negative connotation in scripture... to go forth from jerusalem means to leave the sin realm...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Truther View Post

                            So when Jesus told the disciples to go to Jerusalem until they are endued with power from on high in Acts 1:8 meant Jesus forgot he endued them already?
                            Nothing to forget. He HADN'T endued (clothed) them with ANYTHING. He ministered the Holy Spirit to INDWELL THEM and fuze with their spirits. The practical effect of that is in Luke 24:45.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

                              Nothing to forget. He HADN'T endued (clothed) them with ANYTHING. He ministered the Holy Spirit to INDWELL THEM and fuze with their spirits. The practical effect of that is in Luke 24:45.
                              Where does it say what you just said?

                              Does that match Acts 1:4-5?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Truther View Post

                                Where does it say what you just said?

                                Does that match Acts 1:4-5?
                                I already gave you the cites, and they agree PERFECTLY with Acts 1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X