Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Baptismal mode. What say the Prophets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

I already gave you the cites, and they agree PERFECTLY with Acts 1
    Acts 1 clearly says they were sent to Jerusalem to get the Holy Ghost.

You said they they already had it

Acts 1 says go there and get the promise.

You say say they already had it.

You better get get in sync with Jesus in Acts 1

Comment

Originally posted by Truther View Post
      Acts 1 clearly says they were sent to Jerusalem to get the Holy Ghost.

You said they they already had it

Acts 1 says go there and get the promise.

You say say they already had it.

You better get get in sync with Jesus in Acts 1
      Learn the difference between being INDWELLED WITH (internal - makes you a Christian John 20:22, Luke 24:45), and being "Clothed With" (external - enduement of POWER Luke 24:49, Acts 1:5,7,8). Then YOU'LL be "in sync" withe Jesus in the Bible.
      Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 01-18-19, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Learn the difference between being INDWELLED WITH (internal - makes you a Christian John 20:22, Luke 24:45), and being "Clothed With" (external - enduement of POWER Luke 24:49, Acts 1:5,7,8). Then YOU'LL be "in sync" withe Jesus in the Bible.
        Bob, look....

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room,.where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James...

2 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost,

....in Acts 2, not John 20, Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Truther View Post
          Bob, look........in Acts 2, not John 20, Bob.
          That's the standard cessationist paradigmatic theology for Act 2:4 Full Gospel folks see it my way.

The difference is IN - john 20:22, and ON - Acts 2:4. all the Biblical language in ALL your cites is consistent for that conclusion.

IGNORING the Biblical terminology results in YOUR conclusion.

Believe whatever PARADIGM floats your boat, and I'll do the same.

Comment

That's the standard cessationist paradigmatic theology for Act 2:4 Full Gospel folks see it my way.

The difference is IN - john 20:22, and ON - Acts 2:4. all the Biblical language in ALL your cites is consistent for that conclusion.

IGNORING the Biblical terminology results in YOUR conclusion.

Believe whatever PARADIGM floats your boat, and I'll do the same.
            Fact is, nobody received the baptism of the Holy Ghost in the entire Bible before Acts 2 except John the Baptist and Jesus Christ.

That is why Jesus told the Apostles to go to Jerusalem and wait for the promise of the Father.

By saying anyone else received the Holy Ghost before Acts 2, you are saying Jesus forgot and told them to go to Jerusalem and wait.

He also said this.....

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

The promise of the Father.....

2 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance....

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

....and indeed the promise was fulfilled in Acts 2.

Last edited by Truther; 01-20-19, 01:55 AM.

Comment

What did God say the purpose or work of the Spirit would be, if not like the work of the Spirit at Creation - to be an active force from God to aid us to become what He declared "My people" would believe and do? Is no one else aware that the only accepted gospel of the early Church at Jerusalem was the Hebrew Gospel of Matthew? This came out from scrolls associated with the Dead Sea Scrolls - and I suspect this is one of the reasons they kept their find covered in secrecy for over 40 years. Study of the development of the canon of the New Testament shows the Hebrew Gospel of Matthew to have been read by Jerome, but Jerome chose the altered Greek text. The Hebrew account was available till about 800 CE, but a copy was discovered from Jewish records from about 1300 CE and translated into English by George Howard about 1995.
              What might be our situation if we only have the gospel written by the disciples/apostles that were taught by the Lord himself? It appears to have been written with the purpose to train disciples in the word of God and the Teachings of Jesus to have been directly inspired of God, and to find complete account of what every disciple of Jesus should know, that they too can become his disciple indeed. Why do we put the other accounts on equal ground if they don't totally agree with what Matthew's account was? Seems reasonable to me. The Hebrew gospel of Matthew was accepted by the Church in Jerusalem when the Apostles were still present - BEFORE 50 CE. (one thing they never taught at David Lipscomb)

Comment

Originally posted by LouisVL View Post
                What did God say the purpose or work of the Spirit would be, if not like the work of the Spirit at Creation - to be an active force from God to aid us to become what He declared "My people" would believe and do? Is no one else aware that the only accepted gospel of the early Church at Jerusalem was the Hebrew Gospel of Matthew? This came out from scrolls associated with the Dead Sea Scrolls - and I suspect this is one of the reasons they kept their find covered in secrecy for over 40 years. Study of the development of the canon of the New Testament shows the Hebrew Gospel of Matthew to have been read by Jerome, but Jerome chose the altered Greek text. The Hebrew account was available till about 800 CE, but a copy was discovered from Jewish records from about 1300 CE and translated into English by George Howard about 1995.
                What might be our situation if we only have the gospel written by the disciples/apostles that were taught by the Lord himself? It appears to have been written with the purpose to train disciples in the word of God and the Teachings of Jesus to have been directly inspired of God, and to find complete account of what every disciple of Jesus should know, that they too can become his disciple indeed. Why do we put the other accounts on equal ground if they don't totally agree with what Matthew's account was? Seems reasonable to me. The Hebrew gospel of Matthew was accepted by the Church in Jerusalem when the Apostles were still present - BEFORE 50 CE. (one thing they never taught at David Lipscomb)
                All of Yahweh's Divine Inspired Breathed Word is best understood Hebrew (life, thoughts, words, language, actions, attitudes, truth).

All of Scripture is in perfect harmony also - and when Ekklesia read Yahweh's Divine Inspired Breathed Word and Yahweh grants them understanding, nothing is better.

Yahweh, not man, Yahweh Breathed His Word, and Guards His Word, and Grants Freely Revelation of Salvation and everything concerning Salvation to little children. This is His Good Pleasure so to do. (and to hide it from educated ones).

Yahweh Simply.

men corrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post
                  Ezekiel 36:24-27 (KJV)
                  24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.
                  25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
                  26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
                  27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Isaiah 44:2-4 (KJV)
                  2 Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.
                  3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:
                  4 And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.
                  Has nothing to do with immersion after death, immersion in Jesus' Name, burying the dead man, seeing the new resurrected , new creation, rise up out of the water.

Not related to death and resurrection life, but fun:
                  MSG
                  淘For here痴 what I知 going to do: I知 going to take you out of these countries, gather you from all over, and bring you back to your own land. I値l pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I値l give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I値l remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that痴 God-willed, not self-willed. I値l put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You値l once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You値l be my people! I値l be your God!

Circumcised hearts, made not with human hands. Pure. Holy. Blameless. Righteous, as Yahweh Says and Accomplishes.

Read for martyr's examples, Foxes Book of Martyrs, et al.

God-willed immersion in Jesus' Name, not self-willed rebellion and sons of disobedience.

Comment

Working...
                  X