Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Orthodox ekklesia are currently faithful to which doctrine "on earth" ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orthodox ekklesia are currently faithful to which doctrine "on earth" ...

... within the one true faith "on earth"? (i.e. Biblical Judeo/Christian faith - Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21) (Deuteronomy 4:39) (Ephesians 4:4-6)

The "doctrine of Christ"? (i.e. gospel of Christ "on earth")

or,

the "doctrine of Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine"? (i.e. "accursed" gospel of Pontifex Maximus "on earth")

The "doctrine of Christ" "on earth" - (i.e. Matthew 16:16 (Christ); John 4:22 (doctrine of Christ))

John 4:22 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
    22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.

or,

The "doctrine of Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine" (i.e. non- Holy Spirit "inspired" epistle (decree) to the (West/East) bishops after the Council of Nicaea A.D. 325 imposed upon the Orthodox ekklesia "on earth" by an "unbaptized" pagan god "on earth")

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarto...CITEREFNPNF2_1 (emphasis mine)

In a letter to the bishops who had not been present, Emperor Constantine I said that it had been decided to adopt a uniform date, rejecting the custom of the Jews, who had crucified Jesus and whose practice often meant that two passovers were celebrated in the same solar year:

It was resolved by the united judgment of all present, that this feast ought to be kept by all and in every place on one and the same day. For what can be more becoming or honorable to us than that this feast, from which we date our hopes of immortality, should be observed unfailingly by all alike, according to one ascertained order and arrangement? And first of all, it appeared an unworthy thing that in the celebration of this most holy feast we should follow the practice of the Jews, who have impiously defiled their hands with enormous sin, and are, therefore, deservedly afflicted with blindness of soul. For we have it in our power, if we abandon their custom, to prolong the due observance of this ordinance to future ages, by a truer order, which we have preserved from the very day of the passion until the present time. Let us then have nothing in common with the detestable Jewish crowd; for we have received from our Saviour a different way. A course at once legitimate and honorable lies open to our most holy religion. Beloved brethren, let us with one consent adopt this course, and withdraw ourselves from all participation in their baseness... being altogether ignorant of the true adjustment of this question, they sometimes celebrate Easter twice in the same year. Why then should we follow those who are confessedly in grievous error? Surely we shall never consent to keep this feast a second time in the same year... And let your Holinesses' sagacity reflect how grievous and scandalous it is that on the self-same days some should be engaged in fasting, others in festive enjoyment; and again, that after the days of Easter some should be present at banquets and amusements, while others are fulfilling the appointed fasts. It is, then, plainly the will of Divine Providence (as I suppose you all clearly see), that this usage should receive fitting correction, and be reduced to one uniform rule.
    ]

In Christ's service,
    David Behrens
    Sola Gloria Dei!
    Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

Originally posted by davbeh2010 View Post
    Orthodox ekklesia are currently faithful to which doctrine "on earth" ...
    ... within the one true faith "on earth"? (i.e. Biblical Judeo/Christian faith - Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21) (Deuteronomy 4:39) (Ephesians 4:4-6)

The "doctrine of Christ"? (i.e. gospel of Christ "on earth")

or,

the "doctrine of Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine"? (i.e. "accursed" gospel of Pontifex Maximus "on earth")

Placing any amount of faith in the Constantinian faith "on earth", prevents one from placing 100% faith in the one true faith "on earth". (i.e. faithful to Caesar "on earth" vs. faithful to Jesus Christ "on earth")

(Matthew 16:16 (Christ); Matthew 22:37 (doctrine of Christ))

Matthew 22:37 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
    37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’

(Reference: Deuteronomy 4:29; 6:5; 10:12; 11:13; 13:3; 26:16; 30: 2,6,10) ("on earth" as in heaven)

Placing any amount of faith in the Constantinian faith "on earth", prevents one from loving the Lord your God "on earth" with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ (Deuteronomy 4:39) (Ephesians 4:4-6)

Do the Orthodox ekklesia really care? After all, the "doctrine of Pontifex Maximus" "on earth" regarding the day of Christ's most holy passion ("accursed" gospel "on earth"), is what really unites the Orthodox ekklesia to the RCC ekklesia "on earth", in spirit. Both ekklesias are of the same heart and mind in Pontifex Maximus' spirit "on earth", at least once annually. (i.e. both ekklesias follow the Pope "on earth", no matter where the Pope leads them in this "accursed" gospel "on earth") (i.e. Pontifex Maximus - 100% pagan title - 0% Christian title - https://www.unrv.com/culture/pontifex-maximus.php )

In Christ's service,
    David Behrens
    Sola Gloria Dei!
    Last edited by davbeh2010; 08-11-18, 01:23 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by davbeh2010 View Post

Placing any amount of faith in the Constantinian faith "on earth", prevents one from placing 100% faith in the one true faith "on earth". (i.e. faithful to Caesar "on earth" vs. faithful to Jesus Christ "on earth")

Placing any amount of faith in the Constantinian faith "on earth", prevents one from loving the Lord your God "on earth" with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ (Deuteronomy 4:39) (Ephesians 4:4-6)

Do the Orthodox ekklesia "on earth" really care? (i.e. less than 100% "faithful" = "unfaithful")

Proverbs 2:22 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
      22 But the wicked will be [a]cut off from the [b]earth, And the unfaithful will be uprooted from it.

Footnotes: [a] destroyed [b] land

Who has the authority to destroy the "wicked" from the land, and who has the authority to uproot the "unfaithful" from it?

Answer: The King of Glory

Psalm 24:1 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
      The earth is the LORD's, and all its fullness,
      The world and those who dwell therein.

Deuteronomy 4:39 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
      39 Therefore know this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD Himself is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other.

Ephesians 4:4-6 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
      4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in [a]you all.

Footnote: [a] NU omits you; M us

Is one faithful to the "doctrine of Christ" "on earth"? (i.e. gospel of Christ "on earth"), or
      Is one faithful to the "doctrine of Pontifex Maximus "on earth"? ('accursed" gospel of Pontifex Maximus "on earth")

Did Christ die for our sins "on earth" "according to the Scriptures"? (i.e. day of Christ's most holy passion "on earth" - (Mark 8:31) (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) - both oral & written traditions) (Jude 1:3) - Reference Key of David illustrations) or,

Did Christ die for our sins "on earth" "according to the doctrine of Pontifex Maximus" (i.e. day of Christ's most holy passion "on earth" - Friday Nisan 15 - "oral traditions" of ungodly men (Jude 1:4) (Revelation 17:6)) - breaks the Scriptures "on earth" (Exodus 12:15,19) - quenches the Spirit "on earth" - ("beyn ha'arbayim") - despises prophecies "on earth" - all of Jesus' fulfilled "verbatim" Resurrection prophecies "on earth")

In Christ's service,
      David Behrens
      Sola Gloria Dei!

Comment

Working...
      X