Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

I have to ask again. . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to ask again. . .

Do the Orthodox think we Evangelical CHRISTIANS are TRULY CHRISTIANS at all, or are the 2 supposedly orthodox posters speaking out of turn?

Just Curious. . .

IF you are Orthodox, please give us YOUR opinion. . .what does your church teach you?
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
    Do the Orthodox think we Evangelical CHRISTIANS are TRULY CHRISTIANS at all, or are the 2 supposedly orthodox posters speaking out of turn?

Just Curious. . .

IF you are Orthodox, please give us YOUR opinion. . .what does your church teach you?
    The Orthodox Church has no defined teaching on the protestant communities.

Comment

Originally posted by HTacianas View Post

So then those two are nut jobs from your religious sect, and YOU are the 'authority?' Ooooookay. . .

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

So then those two are nut jobs from your religious sect, and YOU are the 'authority?' Ooooookay. . .
        The authority is the Holy Synod of Bishops. And they haven't said anything regarding your question. And as to whomever it is you're talking about it sounds like they are two people with an opinion.

Comment

So YOU are the 'authority' and the other orthodox (who seem to disagree with your position) are just nut jobs speaking out of turn. . .

I seeeeeeeeeeeee.

Comment

Just Curious. . .

You are not a not a Christian in any sense of the word. A Christian reflects the character of Christ and your character is that of a Troll.

You are a product of modern evangelical protestantism whose sole purpose is to sow division and find fault and argue to ad nauseam.

I understand your mindset and the horrible indoctrination you go through but it doesn't excuse it or make it ok.

Protestantism is slowly coming to the realization that they have inherited a mountain of lies that will eventually crush them unless they bail out.

Bail Out before it's too late!

Comment

Originally posted by Nola369 View Post

You are not a not a Christian in any sense of the word. A Christian reflects the character of Christ and your character is that of a Troll.

[Your mindless OPINION is noted. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful JESUS is the one who will judge me and not you. I do not lie about you. You DO often lie about me. THAT should tell you a little of who of us is a Christian and who is not.

As Jesus said, you shall know them by their fruits. Yours appear to be rotten.]

You are a product of modern evangelical protestantism whose sole purpose is to sow division and find fault and argue to ad nauseam.

[more lies and slanders from you.. TALK ABOUT BEING 'NOT CHRISTIAN' in your attitude. YOU NEED TO REPENT!!!!]

I understand your mindset and the horrible indoctrination you go through but it doesn't excuse it or make it ok.

[You CLEARLY have NO IDEA OF WHICH YOU SPEAK. I have had NO 'horible indoctrination." THAT SLANDER YOU MADE UP OUT OF THIN AIR>

Protestantism is slowly coming to the realization that they have inherited a mountain of lies that will eventually crush them unless they bail out.

Bail Out before it's too late!
              You seem to hold doctrines your own religion does not espouse (that all non-catholics are evil and NOT parts of Christ's church at all).
              You are quick to slander
              You are quick to lie

YOU NEED TO REPENT and ask GOD to forgive you.

I truly pity you and your evil outlook on FAITHFUL CHRISTIANS who LOVE GOD. Your slander of all who disagree with YOU shows the condition of your heart. . .

Matt 15:16-20
              16 So Jesus said, "Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 20 These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man."
              NKJV

I will continue to pray for your sad, lost soul.

In Christ Jesus,
              morefish

Comment

You seem to hold doctrines your own religion does not espouse (that all non-catholics are evil and NOT parts of Christ's church at all).
                You are quick to slander
                You are quick to lie

I truly pity you and your evil outlook on FAITHFUL CHRISTIANS who LOVE GOD. Your slander of all who disagree with YOU shows the condition of your heart. . .

16 So Jesus said, "Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 20 These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man."
                NKJV

In Christ Jesus,
                morefish
                Your prayers don't have any power, they just bounce off the ceiling. Christians with real faith don't get duped like you.

Comment

You are quick to slander
                  You are quick to lie

NKJV

In Christ Jesus,
                  morefish
                  What does this have to do with the Catholics?

Comment

Your prayers don't have any power, they just bounce off the ceiling. Christians with real faith don't get duped like you.
                    Sorry bubba, but YOU have a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go before you 'dupe' me.

Do you REALLY THINK GOD'S WORD (THE BIBLE) 'dupes' people. THAT IS WHERE I LEARNED ABOUT JESUS.

Your 'priest' had nothing to do with it. ONLY GOD DID. Why do you think GOD duped me? Because your 'unorthodox' claims do not impresss me at all? Naah. THAT IS YOUR OWN FAILING, not God failing. YOU are not God. . .YOU are just one of those duped by satan.

Comment

What does this have to do with the Catholics?

So you don't think you need to repent of your false claims? OR do you not claim to be catholic? OR do you simply acknowledge that we CHRISTIAN BRETHREN who are Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Assembly of God members are all BRETHREN IN JESUS CHRIST, part of HIS CHURCH?

Comment

Sorry bubba, but YOU have a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go before you 'dupe' me.

Do you REALLY THINK GOD'S WORD (THE BIBLE) 'dupes' people. THAT IS WHERE I LEARNED ABOUT JESUS.

Your 'priest' had nothing to do with it. ONLY GOD DID. Why do you think GOD duped me? Because your 'unorthodox' claims do not impresss me at all? Naah. THAT IS YOUR OWN FAILING, not God failing. YOU are not God. . .YOU are just one of those duped by satan.

The thousands of different Protestant faiths 'Prove' that the bible has duped you. There is only One Faith and it came by Holy Tradition.

Comment

So you don't think you need to repent of your false claims? OR do you not claim to be catholic? OR do you simply acknowledge that we CHRISTIAN BRETHREN who are Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Assembly of God members are all BRETHREN IN JESUS CHRIST, part of HIS CHURCH?
                          I am not Catholic.

Comment

I am not Catholic.
                            Do the orthodox NOT consider themselves to be "catholic?" I thought they did.

Comment

The thousands of different Protestant faiths 'Prove' that the bible has duped you. There is only One Faith and it came by Holy Tradition.
                              Your 'protestant' myth shows the pathetic paucity of your argument. There are MANY CHRISTIAN CHURCHES filled with sinners and SAINTS. YOUR SECT is not "the only' sect.

IN GOD's WORD, the BIBLE, CHRIST's CHURCH is called.

the church of God (Gal 1:13 and other places)

the church (all over the New Testament)

the church of the Laodiceans (Revelation 3:14)

the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 2:1

the general assembly and church of the firstborn (Hebrews 12:23

ONE FAITH, NOT FROM your manmade 'tradition,' BUT FROM GOD in MANY churches.

YOUR SECT has duped YOU, I am sad to say.

YOUR SECT is just like the other 'catholic' sects. . .the anglicans, Coptics, and the rcc that you schismned from. EACH OF WHICH claims (as do the mormons, jehovah's witnesses, and others) that YOU ARE 'THE ONE.'

Sorry, but God has shown otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X