I have to ask again. . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morefish View Post

Your 'protestant' myth shows the pathetic paucity of your argument. There are MANY CHRISTIAN CHURCHES filled with sinners and SAINTS. YOUR SECT is not "the only' sect.

IN GOD's WORD, the BIBLE, CHRIST's CHURCH is called.

the church of God (Gal 1:13 and other places)

the church (all over the New Testament)

the church of the Laodiceans (Revelation 3:14)

the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 2:1

the general assembly and church of the firstborn (Hebrews 12:23

ONE FAITH, NOT FROM your manmade 'tradition,' BUT FROM GOD in MANY churches.

YOUR SECT has duped YOU, I am sad to say.

YOUR SECT is just like the other 'catholic' sects. . .the anglicans, Coptics, and the rcc that you schismned from. EACH OF WHICH claims (as do the mormons, jehovah's witnesses, and others) that YOU ARE 'THE ONE.'

Sorry, but God has shown otherwise.
    Baptists broke away from the Church of England (Anglican) over baptism by immersion.

So you belong to a sect that broke away from another sect making you a sect member.

Comment

Nola369 replied
      01-16-19, 04:31 PM
      Your 'protestant' myth shows the pathetic paucity of your argument. There are MANY CHRISTIAN CHURCHES filled with sinners and SAINTS. YOUR SECT is not "the only' sect.

the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Thessalonians 2:1

YOUR SECT is just like the other 'catholic' sects. . .the anglicans, Coptics, and the rcc that you schismned from. EACH OF WHICH claims (as do the mormons, jehovah's witnesses, and others) that YOU ARE 'THE ONE.'

Baptists broke away from the Church of England (Anglican) over baptism by immersion.

So you belong to a sect that broke away from another sect making you a sect member.
      More baseless claims. More INABILITY TO DEAL WITH THE ISSUES. MORE WHINE away from the OP.

Sorry, but again you lose. We never had any relationship with the anglican church, BUT YOUR religion seems to. They broke away from the rcc (which USED TO INCLUDE YOUR sect until your sect 'schismed.').

Does that make YOU older than dirt, I don't think so.

You're no more rcc than I am anglican. NEITHER OF US had any part of those guys in any "breakaways." We believe as we are taught. . .NOW. YOU are taught by your handlers, your sect. I am taught by the BIBLE (which came from GOD, not from your sect in ANY way.)

I'll stay with what the BIBLE SAYS. YOU will believe whatever your sect tells you to believe, it would seem
      God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Nola369 replied
        01-16-19, 04:31 PM

You may try to re-define me any way you want, but YOU CANNOT connect me to anyone who had anything to do with the anglican (catholic) religion which is closely related to the eastern orthodox (catholic) sect. WE have simply NEVER BEEN PART OF THEM. THOSE FOLKS simply don't exist here any more. . .

Sorry, but you don't get to rust on your laurels. YOU had nothing to do with your 3rd or 4th century beginnings.

YOU started living HERE, CENTURIES LATER, just as I did.

YOU get your leadership from your sect. I get mine directly from God's Word, the BIBLE (which your religion's made-up 'tradition' had nothing to do with. . .It came from GOD, NOT YOUR SECT.)

You were not part of your religion's 'schism' from the rcc. Your understanding comes from your sect. . .Your handlers.

I was not part of anything Anglican. My understanding comes from the BIBLE, not from the anglicans.

I'll stick to what GOD says. YOUR nasty nonsense simply shows the dirt in your heart.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Baptists are Christians distinguished by baptizing professing believers only (believer's baptism, as opposed to infant baptism), and doing so by complete immersion (as opposed to affusion or sprinkling). Baptist churches also generally subscribe to the tenets of soul competency/liberty, salvation through faith alone, scripture alone as the rule of faith and practice, and the autonomy of the local congregation. Baptists generally recognize two ordinances: baptism and the Lord's supper. Modern Baptist churches trace their history to the English Separatist movement in the 1600s, the century after the rise of the original Protestant denominations. This view of Baptist origins has the most historical support and is the most widely accepted. Adherents to this position consider the influence of Anabaptists upon early Baptists to be minimal. It was a time of considerable political and religious turmoil. Both individuals and churches were willing to give up their theological roots if they became convinced that a more biblical "truth" had been discovered.

During the Protestant Reformation, the Church of England (Anglicans) separated from the Roman Catholic Church. There were some Christians who were not content with the achievements of the mainstream Protestant Reformation. There also were Christians who were disappointed that the Church of England had not made corrections of what some considered to be errors and abuses. Of those most critical of the Church's direction, some chose to stay and try to make constructive changes from within the Anglican Church. They became known as "Puritans" and are described by Gourley as cousins of the English Separatists. Others decided they must leave the Church because of their dissatisfaction and became known as the Separatists.

Historians trace the earliest Baptist church back to 1609 in Amsterdam, with John Smyth as its pastor. Three years earlier, while a Fellow of Christ's College, Cambridge, he had broken his ties with the Church of England. Reared in the Church of England, he became "Puritan, English Separatist, and then a Baptist Separatist," and ended his days working with the Mennonites.He began meeting in England with 6070 English Separatists, in the face of "great danger." The persecution of religious nonconformists in England led Smyth to go into exile in Amsterdam with fellow Separatists from the congregation he had gathered in Lincolnshire, separate from the established church (Anglican). Smyth and his lay supporter, Thomas Helwys, together with those they led, broke with the other English exiles because Smyth and Helwys were convinced they should be baptized as believers. In 1609 Smyth first baptized himself and then baptized the others.

Morefish claims to belong to a conservative baptist church and any 5th grader could perform the same search I did.

T....h....i.....s i.....s w.....h......e......r.....e y......o......u.....r b......e......l.....i......e......f.....s c......a......m.....e f.......r......o......m !!!!!

Hopefully I said it slow enough for the rogue scholar from grits and cornbread land to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Nola369 View Post
            Baptists are Christians distinguished by baptizing professing believers only (believer's baptism, as opposed to infant baptism), and doing so by complete immersion (as opposed to affusion or sprinkling). Baptist churches also generally subscribe to the tenets of soul competency/liberty, salvation through faith alone, scripture alone as the rule of faith and practice, and the autonomy of the local congregation. Baptists generally recognize two ordinances: baptism and the Lord's supper. Modern Baptist churches trace their history to the English Separatist movement in the 1600s, the century after the rise of the original Protestant denominations. This view of Baptist origins has the most historical support and is the most widely accepted. Adherents to this position consider the influence of Anabaptists upon early Baptists to be minimal. It was a time of considerable political and religious turmoil. Both individuals and churches were willing to give up their theological roots if they became convinced that a more biblical "truth" had been discovered.

During the Protestant Reformation, the Church of England (Anglicans) separated from the Roman Catholic Church. There were some Christians who were not content with the achievements of the mainstream Protestant Reformation. There also were Christians who were disappointed that the Church of England had not made corrections of what some considered to be errors and abuses. Of those most critical of the Church's direction, some chose to stay and try to make constructive changes from within the Anglican Church. They became known as "Puritans" and are described by Gourley as cousins of the English Separatists. Others decided they must leave the Church because of their dissatisfaction and became known as the Separatists.

Historians trace the earliest Baptist church back to 1609 in Amsterdam, with John Smyth as its pastor. Three years earlier, while a Fellow of Christ's College, Cambridge, he had broken his ties with the Church of England. Reared in the Church of England, he became "Puritan, English Separatist, and then a Baptist Separatist," and ended his days working with the Mennonites.He began meeting in England with 6070 English Separatists, in the face of "great danger." The persecution of religious nonconformists in England led Smyth to go into exile in Amsterdam with fellow Separatists from the congregation he had gathered in Lincolnshire, separate from the established church (Anglican). Smyth and his lay supporter, Thomas Helwys, together with those they led, broke with the other English exiles because Smyth and Helwys were convinced they should be baptized as believers. In 1609 Smyth first baptized himself and then baptized the others.

Morefish claims to belong to a conservative baptist church and any 5th grader could perform the same search I did.

T....h....i.....s i.....s w.....h......e......r.....e y......o......u.....r b......e......l.....i......e......f.....s c......a......m.....e f.......r......o......m !!!!!

Hopefully I said it slow enough for the rogue scholar from grits and cornbread land to understand.

...Morefish claims to belong to a conservative baptist church and any 5th grader could perform the same search I did. ...

All 5th grade Orthodox Christians "on earth" are taught in math class that 2=2, and that 3=3. (Don't just take my word, ask them. It is not a mystery to them!)

However, when the "doctrine of Christ" "on earth" is the subject matter (i.e. Mark 8:31; Matthew 26:2), the Constantinian Biblical scholars (antichrists), (Hebrew/Greek linguists) within the Orthodox Christian seminaries, physically lead the Constantinian faithful "on earth" at least once annually, to place 100% of their faith "on earth", that 3 = 2 (i.e. Mark 8:31; Matthew 26:2) , when physically practicing the Constantinian pagan worship ritual within Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's faith (pagan "private interpretations" of the day of Christ's most holy passion "on earth"). (i.e. the Constantinian Biblical scholars "on earth" are more intelligent than Christ "on earth" - Mark 8:31; Matthew 26:2) (i.e. thereby "nullifying" the word of God "on earth", "quenching" the Spirit "on earth", and "despising" prophecies "on earth" - (i.e. Mark 8:31; Matthew 26:2) - How smart is that? Answer: Not too smart! Repent! (Psalm 2) (Psalm 24:1) All Orthodox Biblical scholars must seek immediate counsel from 5th grade Orthodox Christians, to sharpen one's math skills, and to also receive the Truth regarding matters involving the "doctrine of Christ" "on earth" - Reference: The "gospel of Christ" "on earth" - (i.e. "all Christian oral traditions" delivered to the saints in Christ Jesus "on earth" before Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine - were "according to the Scriptures" - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4); Key of David illustrations)

3 = 2 (i.e. Mark 8:31; Matthew 26:2) - A mystery "on earth" that had its beginnings after the Church's (West/East) bishops followed after, and obeyed, another god's decree "on earth". (i.e. Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's decree (order - non-Holy Spirit "inspired" epistle "on earth") delivered to the Church's (West/East) bishops after the Council of Nicaea A.D. 325)) (i.e. (Deuteronomy 4:39) (Ephesians 4:4-6))

In Christ's service,
            David Behrens
            Sola Gloria Dei!
            Bringing Christian harmony to all the world
            Last edited by davbeh2010; 01-18-19, 03:37 PM.

Comment

You are not a not a Christian in any sense of the word. A Christian reflects the character of Christ and your character is that of a Troll.

[You are welcome to your jaded opinion. GOD knows much better than you, I am happy to say.]

You are a product of modern evangelical protestantism whose sole purpose is to sow division and find fault and argue to ad nauseam.

[The TRUTH (which you cannot seem to tell) is that I am a product of GOD through HIS WORD, THE BIBLE (which the eo had nothing to do with), and through HIS HOLY SPIRIT. My 'purpose' is to GLORIFY GOD (not the eo or my own group) and to serve HIM. The one HERE seemingly trying to sow division and find fault and (do you think THIS IS A SIN?) argue is YOU.]

I understand your mindset and the horrible indoctrination you go through but it doesn't excuse it or make it ok.

[Completely FALSE. No, you do NOT understand my CHRISTIAN mindset, and I have never had to go through ANY manmade 'indoctrination' at all. YOU HAVEN'T A CLUE!]

Protestantism is slowly coming to the realization that they have inherited a mountain of lies that will eventually crush them unless they bail out.

Bail Out before it's too late!
              [Sorry, but I will IGNORE the PROPAGANDA OF YOUR SECT and stick with the GOD OF THE BIBLE.

You will likely continue your trek downward. . .into the flames.

I will pray for your soul, that you might find the REAL JESUS.

Comment

Originally posted by HTacianas View Post

The authority is the Holy Synod of Bishops. And they haven't said anything regarding your question. And as to whomever it is you're talking about it sounds like they are two people with an opinion.
                They may be (if you say so) The only TRUE AUTHORITY IS GOD HIMSELF. No manmade 'synods' have authority over CHRISTIANS. We CHRISTIANS are not ruled by your 'synod.' We are ruled over by GOD HIMSELF through JESUS CHRIST, HIS WORD, and HIS HOLY SPIRIT Who lives within each of us. (See Romans 8:9b)

YOU may claim to submit to any 'synod,' 'prophet' or 'pingpong coach' you wish.

Comment

They may be (if you say so) The only TRUE AUTHORITY IS GOD HIMSELF. No manmade 'synods' have authority over CHRISTIANS. We CHRISTIANS are not ruled by your 'synod.' We are ruled over by GOD HIMSELF through JESUS CHRIST, HIS WORD, and HIS HOLY SPIRIT Who lives within each of us. (See Romans 8:9b)

Wow, so you reject the Council of Jerusalem because they made rulings that effected the whole Church.
                  In accordance with the Apostolic faith delivered to us by tradition from the Fathers, I have delivered the tradition, without inventing anything extraneous to it. What I have learned, that I inscribed, comfortably with the Holy Scriptures

Comment

[Sorry, but I will IGNORE the PROPAGANDA OF YOUR SECT and stick with the GOD OF THE BIBLE.

Protestants are professional schismatics! They've been doing it for so long that heresy is the truth and truth is a lie.

Comment

Nola369 replied
                      02-11-19, 06:12 PM

Protestants are professional schismatics! They've been doing it for so long that heresy is the truth and truth is a lie.
                      Sorry Nola, but you have drunk too much of the green kool-aid. You obviously know NOTHING outside of what your sect brain-washes you with.

We CHRISTIANS are not part of the "lump" you lump all who are not members of your sect into, nor are we CHRISTIANS your sect.

We belong to JESUS CHRIST, not to your heretical group-within-a-group that 'condemns' all CHRISTIANS. We will continue to obey and agree with the BIBLE and the GOD OF THE BIBLE. YOU may obey your keepers if you wish

Comment

Iakobos replied
                        02-11-19, 01:59 PM

Wow, so you reject the Council of Jerusalem because they made rulings that effected the whole Church.
                        No, I just reject YOU, YOUR SECT'S MANMADE "SYNOD" and the rule of ANY of those who pretend to be "THE" church on earth today to the exclusion of all nonmembers of THOSE SECTS such as the mormons, jw's, eo, rcc, and others who reject the Body of Jesus Christ, HIS church which consists of ALL CHRISTIANS EVERYWHERE, whether Lutheran, Presbyterian, Baptist, Assemblies of God membership or whatever

I am of JESUS CHRIST, not of YOUR SECT or any of the other 'religious sects' like it.

Comment

Working...
                        X