Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

'Whoever serves with schismatics also becomes a schismatic'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Whoever serves with schismatics also becomes a schismatic'

The representative of the Ukrainian schismatic church “Bishop” Paul of the Diocese of Odessa and the Baltic celebrated the Divine Liturgy today at Pantocrator Monastery on Mt. Athos, reports the Union of Orthodox Journalists.

The schismatic delegates also celebrated Vespers the night before. The site of the schismatic Diocese of Odessa reported yesterday that the delegation, headed by “Bp.” Paul, was visiting Mt. Athos at the invitation of Patriarch Bartholomew.

Pantocrator was among the 5 out of 20 monasteries that voted to send a delegation to the enthronement of “Metropolitan” Epiphany Dumenko in Kiev on Sunday, February 3, along with Iveron, Stavronikita, Xenophontos, and Koutloumousiou.

Although Mt. Athos did not send a delegation, Abbot Alexios of Xenophontos, Hieromonk Maximos of Vatopedi, and Hieromonk Chrysostomos of the St. Panteleimon’s Skete of Koutloumousiou attended as part of the delegation of the Patriarchate of Constantinople. All three concelebrated in the schismatic Liturgy. Abbot Ephraim of Vatopedi was also to attend but suffered a heart attack upon arriving to Kiev. He underwent heart surgery on Tuesday.

Other monasteries, including Philotheou and Karakallou, have said that they would close their gates if Epiphany Dumenko visits the Holy Mountain.

http://orthochristian.com/119222.html

Originally posted by Nola369 View Post

The representative of the Ukrainian schismatic church “Bishop” Paul of the Diocese of Odessa and the Baltic celebrated the Divine Liturgy today at Pantocrator Monastery on Mt. Athos, reports the Union of Orthodox Journalists.

The schismatic delegates also celebrated Vespers the night before. The site of the schismatic Diocese of Odessa reported yesterday that the delegation, headed by “Bp.” Paul, was visiting Mt. Athos at the invitation of Patriarch Bartholomew.

Pantocrator was among the 5 out of 20 monasteries that voted to send a delegation to the enthronement of “Metropolitan” Epiphany Dumenko in Kiev on Sunday, February 3, along with Iveron, Stavronikita, Xenophontos, and Koutloumousiou.

Although Mt. Athos did not send a delegation, Abbot Alexios of Xenophontos, Hieromonk Maximos of Vatopedi, and Hieromonk Chrysostomos of the St. Panteleimon’s Skete of Koutloumousiou attended as part of the delegation of the Patriarchate of Constantinople. All three concelebrated in the schismatic Liturgy. Abbot Ephraim of Vatopedi was also to attend but suffered a heart attack upon arriving to Kiev. He underwent heart surgery on Tuesday.

Other monasteries, including Philotheou and Karakallou, have said that they would close their gates if Epiphany Dumenko visits the Holy Mountain.

http://orthochristian.com/119222.html
    Still cutting yourselves off from others that God sent JESUS to die for, huh? It figures. , ,

God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Morefish View Post

Still cutting yourselves off from others that God sent JESUS to die for, huh? It figures. , ,
      Schism is a disease that needs to be cut out like a cancer. 500 years of Pro-test-ant schism has demonstrated that fact.

Where it's every man for himself with examples of righteousness like Morefish! A pure-blood child of Martin Lucifer.

Comment

Schism is a disease that needs to be cut out like a cancer. 500 years of Pro-test-ant schism has demonstrated that fact.

Where it's every man for himself with examples of righteousness like Morefish! A pure-blood child of Martin Lucifer.
        Sorry Nola, But I have nothing to do with martin luther. The 'lucifer' seems to be yourself, not me.

The protestant pretended religion of the rcc and the orthodox is a farce. No such religion exists, you cannot find any headquarters, leadership, or buildings marked that way. ALL IT IS is your 'dumping grounds' for anything and everything not members of your own religious sect.

You sound like the mormons and white supremacists who think THEY are the religion(s) that God built. Neither your sect or theirs are from God at all. You all make baseless claims that can only be 'supported' by your own sects and their 'prophets' or 'bishops' or 'popes' or 'holy sees' You have no HONEST EVIDENCE AT ALL that your sect is Christ's church. You don't even know what 'church' IS.

The TRUTH is that your leadership does NOT represent God, nor does it have authority over ANYONE OR ANYTHING outside of your own sect.

We CHRISTIANS are baptists, lutherans, presbyterians, assemblies of God, Bible church members and belong not to your sect, but to JESUS CHRIST through faith in HIM (not in you or your sect's leaders). That is just fine with me. I'll stick with JESUS CHRIST. . .you can stick with whomever or whatever you wish.

in Jesus Christ,
        morefish.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

You don't know your history. You have no clue how or why your beliefs came about.

You're a walking, talking ignorant who can't even figure out that Lutherans started with Luther.

Here let me help you....Luther-an.....did you see how easy that was to figure out?

Comment

You don't know your history. You have no clue how or why your beliefs came about.

You're a walking, talking ignorant who can't even figure out that Lutherans started with Luther.

Here let me help you....Luther-an.....did you see how easy that was to figure out?
            Sorry, but it is YOU who don't know me at all. My beliefs did not come from martin luther. My beliefs, and those of other CHRISTIANS came from SCRIPTURE, not from history. YOU pretend to know me better than GOD does. YOU do not.

I am not Lutheran. I am CHRISTIAN. Nothing more, nothing less. My beliefs came from my own study of SCRIPTURE. I worship with Baptists.

I also
            vote independent
            swim
            fish
            play chess
            teach chess
            teach Bible
            and a WHOLE LOT of other things.

YOU seem to follow your religion. . .NOT Jesus.
            YOU reject HIS BODY, HIS PEOPLE.
            YOU puff yourself up and put others down. YOU are arrogant.
            YOU seem to think you are 'expert.'

YOU have problems

Comment

YOU also troll the Catholic forums and smear Catholic beliefs every chance you get.

AND troll the Orthodox forums and smear Orthodox beliefs every chance you get.

This is what you DO and this is what you ARE. There will always be disagreements but there has to be some civility.

Comment

YOU also troll the Catholic forums and smear Catholic beliefs every chance you get.

AND troll the Orthodox forums and smear Orthodox beliefs every chance you get.

This is what you DO and this is what you ARE. There will always be disagreements but there has to be some civility.
                So when I disagree with YOU I am being somehow 'uncivil?' Naaah.

I am ALWAYS civil. You cannot find even ONE PLACE in which I was not.

Catholic beliefs? YOUR beliefs seem to be DIFFERENT from theirs. The rcc at least acknowledges that NON-catholics are very often (like myself) CHRISTIANS.

YOU on the other hand, seem to think we are not and "lump together" ALL Christians and NON-Christians alike into a group you call "protestants' which is a convenient way for you to having to CONFRONT THE PROBLEM you have with NON-catholic CHRISTIANS, MOST of the CHRISTIAN CHURCH.

Comment

Your UNCHRISTIAN OPINION is noted and filed in the round receptacle where it is appropriate.

Sorry kiddo, but morefish has NOTHING TO DO WITH Martin Luther.

Comment

Originally posted by Morefish View Post

Your UNCHRISTIAN OPINION is noted and filed in the round receptacle where it is appropriate.

Sorry kiddo, but morefish has NOTHING TO DO WITH Martin Luther.
                    You have nothing to do with anything that is Christian. Your religion is just made up as you go along and there are a thousand different versions from a thousand different denominations.

Today the Protesatants believe in one thing and tomorrow they will believe in something else and ultimately they will just fade away into unbelief and be gobbled up by the antichrist.

Comment

You have nothing to do with anything that is Christian. Your religion is just made up as you go along and there are a thousand different versions from a thousand different denominations.

Today the Protesatants believe in one thing and tomorrow they will believe in something else and ultimately they will just fade away into unbelief and be gobbled up by the antichrist.
                      Your claim is so pathetic. . .you make me sad.

I serve Jesus Christ. . .who do YOU serve?

I love Jesus Christ. . .who do YOU love?

I love the brethren of Jesus Christ. . .who do YOU love?

Oh, that's right. . .you don't like ANYONE. Your 'religion' seems to be at odds with the catholics, the orthodox, and the other sects, along with all the CHRISTIANS who are NOT any part of those sects. YOU pretend we CHRISTIANS are all part of your 'protestant' religion, that you cannot seem to find headquarters for, any congregations of, any leaders of, or any organization that IDENTIFIES themselves as such.

You seem to be a loose canon all by yourself, imho.

And you try to cut yourself off from everyone Jesus was sent to DIE FOR on the Cross.

Goodness!!!!! I WONDER WHY you would behave that way. . .

In Jesus Christ,
                      morefish

Comment

I think Morefish is gonna cry because I don't love lies as much as he does. Did you see this post #5??

Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work (2 Th 2:14-17).

Holy Tradition and Good Works are part of the gospel whether you like it or not.

Comment

I think Morefish is gonna cry because I don't love lies as much as he does. Did you see this post #5??

Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work (2 Th 2:14-17).

Holy Tradition and Good Works are part of the gospel whether you like it or not.
                          And EXACTLY WHAT makes you think the junk your sect has imagined up is "holy tradition?' We have the SCRIPTURES that show us what Holy Tradition really IS, and it is NOT THE JUNK your sect (OR your misrepresentation of it) has made for itself.

Not the icons, the myths about mary, and CERTAINLY NOT the rejection of ALL CHRISTIANS EVERYWHERE who are not part of your sect. You cannot seem to even recognize us.

In the Name of Jesus Christ,
                          morefish

Comment

The traditions of CHRIST'S CHURCH are NOT the traditions of YOUR MODERN-DAY SECT.

No fancy special clothing for those who led the congregations. . .Just everyday clothing.
                            No icons, kissing of 'things.'
                            No mary ever virgin or other junk about her.
                            No rejection of CHRISTIANS who have nothing to do with your sect. At least ONE BOOK OF THE NT BIBLE was written to the diaspora. Jews who were scattered abroad.

Jesus died for sinners, not for orthodox.
                            He (not your mary OR your icons OR your 'priests') saved us from our sins. HE (JESUS) died for our souls. Your fancy robes and asceticism is NOT what Jesus gives. HE SAID:

Matt 11:29-30
                            29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
                            NKJV

For us CHRISTIANS, we KNOW He is gentle and lowly in heart, and we find our REST IN HIM.

And you call THAT "lies?" FOR SHAME! imho

Comment

I have an icon of the archangel Gabriel, St. Nicholas, the Holy Trinity and of course the blessed and glorified Lady.

One time some punks from the street tried to break into my house and one of them saw a 7 foot tall hooded man standing in my living room with a glittering sword.

I think it was Gabriel and those punks never came back.

Comment

Working...
                              X