Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Hey, Thekla!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Thekla!

Are you on yet? Let me know. Post here and I will keep checking.
    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
    "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous

I hope you are okay! I am on most mornings and could send you the information then, except on Sunday mornings, for obvious reasons. I hope you are all right.
    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

A brother of my husbands best friend died. He was buried yesterday. They flew him here from Florida. I barely knew him but my husband did. His family is devastated. His sister lost her husband about 1 1/2 ago. His son was arrested for murder the week before he died. I think that helped bring on the stroke. My husband grew up with this other family living next door to him. He has known the eldest since she was born 72 years ago and all others since they were born. Some came in from Denver and Florida. We haven't seen them since Jim's death. So we grieved while enjoying seeing people we haven't seen in over a year and a half.

Today I'm going to go nuts cleaning the kitchen because I am having a new stove delivered sometime after noon. I'm so excited. It is something special. I spent way more than I should have. It has all sorts of things a regular stove doesn't have. I'll be busy cooking new things now.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be back to normal. I've been on my feet a lot more than usual. They were swollen so that I couldn't see my ankle bone. They swell during the day but never even close to this. I slept on my back with my feet on a pillow last night hoping it would help them go down. They are now to the size of my normal swelling. I hope they are better by tomorrow. At least they don't hurt.

Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
      but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that. I figured something came up. How very, very sad.

Ooh a new stove! Of course, you will want to scrub the floor and wall under and behind the old stove....right? After it is removed?

Could we get together on here this Saturday morning? My husband will be at church, helping to set up extra chairs in the sanctuary for the ordination and installation of our new pastor on Sunday afternoon. So, I can be on between 9 and 10 AM, EDT. Would that work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
          I am so sorry to hear that. I figured something came up. How very, very sad.

Ooh a new stove! Of course, you will want to scrub the floor and wall under and behind the old stove....right? After it is removed?

Could we get together on here this Saturday morning? My husband will be at church, helping to set up extra chairs in the sanctuary for the ordination and installation of our new pastor on Sunday afternoon. So, I can be on between 9 and 10 AM, EDT. Would that work for you?
          That sounds perfect.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
          but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Comment

Thekla, I am on now! Anytime you are ready!

Comment

Thekla, I am on now! Anytime you are ready!
              Bonnie, I am so sorry I missed you yesterday. I got in a quagmire here. Ended out rushing somewhere and I forgot all about letting you know.

Comment

Okay, so when would be a good time? I can check later on in the early afterno9n, bat at 3:30 PM I will be at church, for the ordination and installation of our new pastor and I don't know when I will be on.

I am on most mornings, though, from around 8 to 10:30 AM or so. We can try to coordinate getting together then.

Comment

Okay, so when would be a good time? I can check later on in the early afterno9n, bat at 3:30 PM I will be at church, for the ordination and installation of our new pastor and I don't know when I will be on.

I am on most mornings, though, from around 8 to 10:30 AM or so. We can try to coordinate getting together then.
                  I should be here at 8:30 or so. I come and go.

Comment

I am on now. And so are you.

Comment

Thekla, i gave you what you needed. Check it out and let me know if you received it.

Comment

Working...
                      X