Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Lutherans harbour a presence in their tabernacles - do not believe it (Matthew 24:26)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conqueror

Lutherans cannot even discern the difference between Christ and bread.

Prove that I am wrong here.
    The discernment that matters is with regard to what the Lord says rather than your false, imaginative, and Scripturally and historically baseless claims. The Lord took the bread, blessed it and then broke it and said, "Take and eat. This is my body..." Etc, etc, etc.
    Test all things and praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Peace,
    BJ -Bear
    VDMA (1 Peter 1:25)
    WELS

Comment

Take ten wafers; one of them
      has been interfered with by a Lutheran minister
      and the other nine are unadulterated.

Now pick the Lutheran god in that line up.
      You are again posting a falsehood that has been corrected before. Evangelicals don't interfere, don't confect, don't conjure, or don't change anything in the Supper. It is the Lord who took the bread and blessed it, broke it and said, "Take and eat. This is my body..."

Peace,
      BJ -Bear
      WELS

Comment

The blind now claim that they are seeing things.
        Are you now posting to yourself or do you not remember that you posted, "
        'until He comes' cannot mean that He is present as the god-wafer"

Peace,
        BJ -Bear
        WELS

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

“Therefore if they say to you;
          ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms
          - tabernacles
          do not believe it. (Matthew 24:26)

For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup,
          you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.
          (1 Co 11:26).

'until He comes' cannot mean that He is present as the god-wafer
          Originally posted by BJ BEAR
          Indeed, all those who despise and deny the Lord's words and deeds at the Supper are blind as bats.

Comment

[the bread and wine] are truly the body and blood of Christ.

Fine.

The risen body of the false Christ is incarnated as bread and wine.
            That is not what we believe. In some way we cannot understand, Jesus' true body and blood come to be present in, with, and under the bread and wine, yet they also remain bread and wine. That is not the Incarnation.

So, is Jesus truly with all believers NOW, prior to His Second Coming, when 2 or 3 are gathered together in His Name? OR is that a false Jesus? That makes His abode with us, when we trust in Him only for salvation?
            "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
            "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
            "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
            "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
            "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

7] 2. We believe, teach, and confess that the words of the testament of Christ are not to be understood otherwise than as they read, according to the letter, so that the bread does not signify the absent body and the wine the absent blood of Christ, but that, on account of the sacramental union, they [the bread and wine] are truly the body and blood of Christ.
              http://www.bookofconcord.org/fc-ep.php#part7.21
              Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

That is not what we believe. In some way we cannot understand .....................
              I understand.

Comment

I understand.
                Well, since you seem to understand so much, you should be able to answer my simple questions that I asked you before your vacation. You know, about Jesus being with us to the end of the age and being in the midst of those who come together in His Name BEFORE His Second Coming. Is the Jesus Who said these things the true Jesus Christ or a false Christ?

And I would appreciate have it, if you would not truncate my quotes. The full quote is "That is not what we believe. In some way we cannot understand, Jesus' true body and blood come to be present in, with, and under the bread and wine, yet they also remain bread and wine. That is not the Incarnation."

It is abundantly clear that you have little understanding of TRUE Lutheran beliefs, but instead, must set up straw men and then proceed to knock them down. Perhaps you should study our TRUE beliefs, so you will be in a better position to debate us about them.
                "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

“Therefore if they say to you;
                  ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms
                  - tabernacles
                  do not believe it. (Matthew 24:26)

For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup,
                  you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.
                  (1 Co 11:26).

'until He comes' cannot mean that He is present as the god-wafer
                  Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

It is abundantly clear that you have little understanding ......................
                  when one says, "I am partly of Luther and partly of my own opinion",
                  “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?
                  (1 Co 3:4).

The carnality of Lutherans is firmly established.

Last edited by Conqueror; 12-16-18, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• How about this?
                    A Reformed Christian planted the seed, a Roman Catholic Christian watered it, but God has been making it grow.
                    1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
                    1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

The carnality of Lutherans is firmly established.

Originally posted by Nic View Post
                      How about this?
                      A Reformed Christian planted the seed, a Roman Catholic Christian watered it, but God has been making it grow.
                      There was no need to prove that Paul was correct.

when one says, "I am partly of Luther and partly of my own opinion",
                      "I am of Calvin", "I am of the Roman Catholic hierarchy"

“I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal? (1 Co 3:4).

Comment

Working...
                      X