Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why are you here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you here?

To 'prove' to yourself that you are superior to others? That they are all idiots and you are all wise?

To "show your reasons for believing" as you do?

or

Just to argue and flame?

Please examine yourself and think about WHY you are here. ARE YOU HERE FOR A BIBLICAL REASON? OR A SELFISH ONE?
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

lol......So if I defend Lutheranism against your bogus theology I'm being selfish?

Comment

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
      To 'prove' to yourself that you are superior to others? That they are all idiots and you are all wise?

To "show your reasons for believing" as you do?

or

Just to argue and flame?

Please examine yourself and think about WHY you are here. ARE YOU HERE FOR A BIBLICAL REASON? OR A SELFISH ONE?
      Generally speaking, I participate at CARM for four major reasons (1) to better understand both my faith and the faith of other persons, (2) to help people understand the Catholic faith better, (3) to correct misrepresentations (both innocent and intentional) about the Catholic faith, and (4) for the entertainment value of it all.

What about you, Morefish?
      "Whenever I'm asked why Southern writers particularly have a penchant for writing about freaks, I say it is because we are still able to recognize one."
      ---Flannery O'Connor

Comment

Originally posted by Rudder View Post

Generally speaking, I participate at CARM for four major reasons (1) to better understand both my faith and the faith of other persons, (2) to help people understand the Catholic faith better, (3) to correct misrepresentations (both innocent and intentional) about the Catholic faith, and (4) for the entertainment value of it all.

What about you, Morefish?
        1) To glorify God.

2) To point out to people the foibles of MANMADE religious practices, showing what the BIBLE says, to show WHY we CHRISTIANS believe as we do.

3) to better understand my faith and the faith of others

4) to demonstrate to LURKERS reasons not to join manmade religious junk.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Dropkick View Post
          lol......So if I defend Lutheranism against your bogus theology I'm being selfish?
          Since you have yet to show ANY of my theology to be 'bogus,' no, you simply are NOT being honest.

AS YOU ARE TRYING HRE, you intentionally TWIST and/or MISREPRESENT what I say. In other words, you are doing nothing constructive.

You are just flaming. NOT exactly a 'godly behavior.'

Comment

You are just flaming. NOT exactly a 'godly behavior.'[/B]
            Morefish...when you said that lutherans pee on their children were you glorifying God? When you said that Lutheran pastors wear dresses where you defending the truth or being selfish?

Comment

Hi Drop!
              Luther's greatest insight was total depravity. If a theologian misses on that single point, the errors are geometrically wide and deep. As a pastor once informed me, the earlier an error is made the more problems occur downstream. In the case of our guest poster, he denies total depravity, which subsequently in turn denies original sin.
              Some irony here is that Arminian theological views in America have no Arminian root. The root is Calvinism then pruning away until you end up with something that resembles Arminianism. This probably explains why in some of these church assemblies you have both Calvinists and Arminians or more aptly stated Pruned-Calvinists adherents within the same assembly. Doctrine is clearly sacrificed in said communities for unity.

Nic
              1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
              1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

Morefish...when you said that lutherans pee on their children were you glorifying God? When you said that Lutheran pastors wear dresses where you defending the truth or being selfish?
                YOU KNOW you are flaming, not looking for anything TRUTHful here. I have NEVER said anyone peed on children. YOU said that.
                YOU KNOW that the flowery robes that lutheran and catholic pastors wear resemble dresses in today's culture.

WEKNOW you are flaming again.

Comment

YOU KNOW you are flaming, not looking for anything TRUTHful here. I have NEVER said anyone peed on children. YOU said that.
                  YOU KNOW that the flowery robes that lutheran and catholic pastors wear resemble dresses in today's culture.

WEKNOW you are flaming again.
                  I'm not flaming......you can always get a mod involved if you think I am.

Once again, since you didn't answer my question, are you glorifying God or yourself when you come here?
                  Last edited by Dropkick; 07-10-18, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic View Post
                    Hi Drop!
                    Luther's greatest insight was total depravity. If a theologian misses on that single point, the errors are geometrically wide and deep. As a pastor once informed me, the earlier an error is made the more problems occur downstream. In the case of our guest poster, he denies total depravity, which subsequently in turn denies original sin.
                    Some irony here is that Arminian theological views in America have no Arminian root. The root is Calvinism then pruning away until you end up with something that resembles Arminianism. This probably explains why in some of these church assemblies you have both Calvinists and Arminians or more aptly stated Pruned-Calvinists adherents within the same assembly. Doctrine is clearly sacrificed in said communities for unity.

Nic
                    yep......I always thought it was strange that someone could deny orginal sin and then in the same message accuse Lutherans of being mini catholics.

Comment

Since you have yet to show ANY of my theology to be 'bogus,' no, you simply are NOT being honest.

AS YOU ARE TRYING HRE, you intentionally TWIST and/or MISREPRESENT what I say. In other words, you are doing nothing constructive.

I have shown your theology to full of ungodly errors. Just look at how you twist scripture when it comes to romans and Paul's teaching that all sin and fall short of the glory of God. You've denied that several times.

Your doctrine of baptism has been refuted many times.

Your redefinition of the word household that included animals has been refuted time and time again.

Standing up to you and your bad doctrine isn't flaming. I think your frustration lies in the fact that you haven't been able to find any proselytes here.

Comment

Dropkick replied
                        07-10-18, 07:33 AM

I have shown your theology to full of ungodly errors.

[Completely FALSE. You have merely falsely CLAIMED such to be the case. What you have SHOWN is your own ignorance of Scripture.]

Just look at how you twist scripture when it comes to romans and Paul's teaching that all sin and fall short of the glory of God. You've denied that several times.

[Yet you can find NEITHER EVEN ONCE ANYWHERE. More FALSE CLAIMS BY YOU, I see. . .]

Your doctrine of baptism has been refuted many times.

[My 'doctrine of baptism'. . .is

Matt 28:19-20
                        19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
                        NKJV

You think that has been refuted EVEN ONCE?]

Your redefinition of the word household that included animals has been refuted time and time again.

[You MUST BE making this up as you go. No, you have FALSELY CLAIMED to have 'refuted' the HISTORICAL FACT is all you have done.

Standing up to you and your bad doctrine isn't flaming. I think your frustration lies in the fact that you haven't been able to find any proselytes here.
                        Just because you are superstitious does not make my doctrine 'bad' at all. And WHO is looking for proselytes here? I don't see YOU converting anyone new to YOUR nonsense here.

Comment

I'm not flaming......you can always get a mod involved if you think I am.

Once again, since you didn't answer my question, are you glorifying God or yourself when you come here?
                          Which 'question' is that? The 'do you still kick your dog' type of 'loaded' question?

GOD knows my intentions. YOUR particular 'twist' on things doesn't count much with HIM.

Do you NOT think Luke belongs in the Bible? WHEN WILL YOU ANSWER THAT ONE?

Comment

Which 'question' is that? The 'do you still kick your dog' type of 'loaded' question?

GOD knows my intentions. YOUR particular 'twist' on things doesn't count much with HIM.

Do you NOT think Luke belongs in the Bible? WHEN WILL YOU ANSWER THAT ONE?
                            You have me confused with someone else...and if necessary for the record....I think luke belongs in the bible.

You still didn't answer my question. When you insult baptism, liturgy, vestments, and anything else you don't agree with does that glorify God or yourself?

Comment

You have me confused with someone else...and if necessary for the record....I think luke belongs in the bible.

You still didn't answer my question. When you insult baptism, liturgy, vestments, and anything else you don't agree with does that glorify God or yourself?
                              Hi Dr. Kick!
                              I'd be willing to wager, a person embracing a similar paradigm to our guest would say neither self no or God is glorified or for that matter offended..
                              Just imagine how you'd reply if your view rejected total depravity and original sin, why after all you're basically good and not nearly as bad as others. So you know in your heart you didn't offend anyone according your standard of watered-down righteousness and watered-down sin. Well at least, that would be my reply if I put myself in his shoes with his apparent theology in tow.

Nic
                              Last edited by Nic; 07-12-18, 10:28 PM.
                              1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
                              1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

Working...
                              X