Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Lutherans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutherans?

There is a Lutheran on the Mormonism board which has logged over 50,000 posts.

Why can't they come to their own board and defend their beliefs? Why do they spend more time on another board--when I have asked so many unanswered questions here on this board, IE--their own denomination?

I have a number of threads here which have not been touched by them. Why don't Lutherans take more time to explain their own theology---before they attack someone else's theology?

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

Why can't they come to their own board and defend their beliefs? Why do they spend more time on another board--when I have asked so many unanswered questions here on this board, IE--their own denomination?

I have a number of threads here which have not been touched by them. Why don't Lutherans take more time to explain their own theology---before they attack someone else's theology?
    Maybe they already know that NOBODY CARES about "Lutheran Theology", and only has interest in selling Their OWN.

Comment

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post There is a Lutheran on the Mormonism board which has logged over 50,000 posts.

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post
      Maybe they already know that NOBODY CARES about "Lutheran Theology", and only has interest in selling Their OWN.
      Why wouldn't a Lutheran be interested in Lutheran theology?

Although--you might have a good point--they spend a lot more time on the Mormonism board--than they do their own board--which is Lutheran.

Shame, IMO.

Comment

We have time and time again. You follow up with obfuscation and never deal with the responses.

Comment

What does that even mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Dropkick View Post
            We have time and time again. You follow up with obfuscation and never deal with the responses.
            That seems to be a common retort whenever the Lutherans can't answer why the scriptures violate their theology:

James 2:24 --New American Standard Bible (NASB)
            24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dropkick View Post
              What does that even mean?
              Why is that important? There are plenty of Lutheran doctrines which make no sense whatsoever--but it is believed without question.

Comment

Why is that important? There are plenty of Lutheran doctrines which make no sense whatsoever--but it is believed without question.

There are plenty of "Doctrines" and "Theologies" in many denominations which "Make no Sense", but are true nonetheless.

Comment

There are plenty of "Doctrines" and "Theologies" in many denominations which "Make no Sense", but are true nonetheless.
                  Faith alone theology isn't one of them:

Comment

Faith alone theology isn't one of them:

Except that Salvation by FAITH (according to Heb 11:1) plus NOTHING ELSE is the VERY HEART of real Born Again Christianity. That's why God inspired Luther to deal with the Romanist LIES about earning salvation FIRST OF ALL to get the restoration of the REAL church underway.

Comment

Except that Salvation by FAITH (according to Heb 11:1) plus NOTHING ELSE is the VERY HEART of real Born Again Christianity. That's why God inspired Luther to deal with the Romanist LIES about earning salvation FIRST OF ALL to get the restoration of the REAL church underway.
                      Most Christians I know believe salvation comes by God's grace.

Comment

Lutherans are confessional, as a rule that means barring misunderstanding they say the same things with the same meaning. Lutheran theology is an open book both to those within the church and those outside the church.

If someone wants to understand Lutheran theology then it can be as simple as opening the Bible and the Book of Concord and comparing the contents.

If someone doesn't want to understand Lutheran theology but would rather try and conform Lutheran theology to his error then he will continue to ask the same questions hoping that the answers will change.
                        Test all things and praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Peace,
                        BJ -Bear
                        VDMA (1 Peter 1:25)
                        WELS

Comment

I have defended them over and over again to you. And I have answered ALL of your questions, dealt with the Mormon points and Bible verses. to the best of my ability, at least the ones I saw. So have the other Lutherans who have responded.

And we Lutherans have explained our theology all over the place on here. And it is the MORMON visiting these boards who fails to give direct answers to most of our questions, and Bible verses, and points--both on here and on the Mormon board. Sometimes for MONTHS at a time.

And since Lutherans who proclaim the true Christ of the Bible as Lord and God and Savior, and trust in Him only for salvation do not need salvation, I therefore spend time on the Mormon board, pointing out errors in theology there and the truth about its false founding "prophet" to those who DO need salvation and are NOT saved. And often I proclaim the true Gospel there, too.

and maybe the reason some of your threads on here remain untouched is because A. They are nothing but the same old, same old, and B. We know from experience that most of our questions and points and bible verses will remain unaddressed and ignored, and we will only get repetition. So, why bother?
                          "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                          "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                          "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                          "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
                          "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BJ BEAR View Post
                            If someone wants to understand Lutheran theology then it can be as simple as opening the Bible and the Book of Concord and comparing the contents.
                            So--let's open the Biblical text and compare:

James 2:24--- New American Standard Bible (NASB)
                            24 You see that a man is justified by works andnot by faith alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
                              I have defended them over and over again to you. And I have answered ALL of your questions, dealt with the Mormon points and Bible verses. to the best of my ability, at least the ones I saw. So have the other Lutherans who have responded.

And we Lutherans have explained our theology all over the place on here. And it is the MORMON visiting these boards who fails to give direct answers to most of our questions, and Bible verses, and points--both on here and on the Mormon board. Sometimes for MONTHS at a time.
                              The truth is--you have been conspicuously absent from most of the threads I have posted here, or have posted very little in most of them.

And since Lutherans who proclaim the true Christ of the Bible as Lord and God and Savior, and trust in Him only for salvation do not need salvation,
                              All Christians I know need salvation.

I therefore spend time on the Mormon board, pointing out errors in theology there ....
                              And yet--cannot defend your own theology, using the Biblical text:

James 2:24--- New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Comment

Working...
                              X