Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Is It Possible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conqueror;n5716092[COLOR=#0000CD
    Neither did Christ testify of a Christ incarnated as blood and bones.

I hold up a golf ball and say to you; 'this is the moon'.

In order to be consistent;
    Lutherans would have to consider that to be another miracle.[/COLOR]
    EDIT Therefore, if you hold up a golf ball and call it the moon then to be consistent it would be necessary to consider it a golf ball and nothing more.
    Last edited by Mod14; 12-14-18, 12:02 PM.
    Test all things and praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Peace,
    BJ -Bear
    VDMA (1 Peter 1:25)
    WELS

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ BEAR View Post

That is more falsehood on your part as despite what you might imagine you are not God.
      Take it literally then and the Lutheran
      has to cope with two incarnated Christs at the last supper;

one as flesh and the other one as bread and wine.

That should be easy for a Lutheran,
      who is conditioned to deal with a gazillion incarnations.

For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup,
      you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.
      (1 Co 11:26).

'until He comes' cannot mean that He is present as the god-wafer.

I prefer the word of God
      rather than the absurd interpretations of deceived Lutherans

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

[COLOR=#0000CD]Take it literally then and the Lutheran
        ]
        ].
        That is another falsehood on your part as the Lord said, "this is my body," not, "this is another incarnated me.

Peace,
        BJ -Bear
        WELS

Comment

Take it literally then and the Lutheran

one as flesh and the other one as bread and wine.

That should be easy for a Lutheran,
          who is conditioned to deal with a gazillion incarnations.

you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

'until He comes' cannot mean that He is present as the god-wafer.

I prefer the word of God
          rather than the absurd interpretations of deceived Lutherans

Originally posted by BJ BEAR View Post

That is another falsehood on your part as the Lord said, "this is my body," not, "this is another incarnated me.
          How did the Lutheran Christ produce another visible body,
          without it being incarnated for Mary wasn't involved?

Comment

How did the Lutheran Christ produce another visible body,
            without it being incarnated for Mary wasn't involved?

That is another falsehood which has been corrected before. Evangelicals don't produce anything at the Supper. The one Lord God has declared what pertains to the Supper

How many demonstrable falsehoods do you need to post to satisfy your quota or desire?
            Last edited by BJ BEAR; 12-07-18, 09:31 PM. Reason: Add infi

Peace,
            BJ -Bear
            WELS

Comment

Evangelicals don't produce anything at the Supper.
              But Lutherans produce a false Christ before the second coming.

“Therefore if they say to you;
              ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms
              - tabernacles
              do not believe it. (Matthew 24:26)

you proclaim the Lord’'s death till He comes.

'until He comes' cannot mean that He is present as the god-wafer

Comment

• Conqueror,

You are again posting falsehoods which have repeatedly been demonstrated to be false. How many falsehoods will you need to post in a day before you are satisfied?

​​​​​For the sake of argument, suppose that someone was convinced by the repeated falsehoods and came to your point of view in this regard. The only thing that is accomplished in convincing others of the truth of lies is to lead that person away from Christ. That is not a Christian thing to do.

Peace,
                BJ -Bear
                WELS

Comment

Conqueror,

You are again posting falsehoods which have repeatedly been demonstrated to be false. How many falsehoods will you need to post in a day before you are satisfied?

​​​​​For the sake of argument, suppose that someone was convinced by the repeated falsehoods and came to your point of view in this regard. The only thing that is accomplished in convincing others of the truth of lies is to lead that person away from Christ. That is not a Christian thing to do.

Comment

Lutherans who are identified
                    by being called after Luther are in fact only part Lutheran.

That is easily adjusted:

For when one says, "I am partly of Luther and partly of my own opinion",
                    “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?
                    (1 Co 3:4).
                    No if you did that we'd think you were nuts.
                    Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
                    but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

Lutherans who are identified
                      by being called after Luther are in fact only part Lutheran.

That is easily adjusted:

For when one says, "I am partly of Luther and partly of my own opinion",
                      “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?
                      (1 Co 3:4).
                      Originally posted by Thekla View Post

No if you did that we'd think you were nuts.
                      Please clarify, but I am used to being considered as nuts.

Comment

• Whoopsie, I read a lot of your posts and sort of had them all together in my mind. I'm not calling you nuts, I said if you did that. I was talking about the ball being the moon also not great to rewrite 1 Cor 3:4 lol
                        Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
                        but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nic View Post

Hi Bigboy, That stuff came from a Landmark Church, where exactly are they wrong?
                          (Previous Linked Source)
                          Here's the Landmark way.
                          It seems Landmarkism is not a confessional group, if so, where is the confession?
                          I guess what I'm getting at, it's appears as if it's every Baptist [Landmark adherent] for himself.

Thanks.

Nic
                          Maybe a better fit is primitive baptist....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dropkick View Post

Maybe a better fit is primitive baptist....
                            Hi Dropkick,
                            I had to look that up.
                            Most, but not all, of my Baptist encounters are Southern Baptists. I have some experience with Independent Baptists and also some but fewer instances with Reformed Baptists (Conservative Emphasis). Yet others who don't identify as Baptists, yet nonetheless to the Lutheran many of these are still Baptist, not unlike my old affiliate Calvary Chapel.

Baptists satellite autonomy and cultural relevancy keeps Baptist churches largely undefined in my opinion. In other words often the name Baptist means we act with good ole American rugged individualism without need of Christian heritage. Pious views of satellite autonomy often kick the rest of Christensen to the curb as having little to no significance.

Nic
                            Last edited by Nic; 12-13-18, 11:22 AM.
                            1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
                            1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nic View Post
                              Hi Dropkick,
                              I had to look that up.
                              Most, but not all, of my Baptist encounters are Southern Baptists. I have some experience with Independent Baptists and also some but fewer instances with Reformed Baptists (Conservative Emphasis). Yet others who don't identify as Baptists, yet nonetheless to the Lutheran many of these are still Baptist, not unlike my old affiliate Calvary Chapel.

Baptists satellite autonomy and cultural relevancy keeps Baptist churches largely undefined in my opinion. In other words often the name Baptist means we act with good ole American rugged individualism without need of Christian heritage. Pious views of satellite autonomy often kick the rest of Christensen to the curb as having little to no significance.

Nic
                              Kind of like the Anabaptist before they did away with the ana part. ;-)

Did we ever get a gospel in this thread, something definitive without a bunch of hyper legalistic whoowey?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dropkick View Post

Kind of like the Anabaptist before they did away with the ana part. ;-)

Did we ever get a gospel in this thread, something definitive without a bunch of hyper legalistic whoowey?
                                Jesus professes the gospel in the broad sense in post #4, Bonnie goes as recognized for the first citation of the gospel in reference to promise in post #43. John 3:16. It may have been presented in the narrow (promise) by others, but I stopped reading after finding the first avsilable answer to your query.
                                I believe I overlooked Thekla's answer about repent and be baptized should be considered the first reference to promise in post #14. Repent and be baptized is a reference to promise too. My bad.

I don't believe our guest as affirmed any of our responses so from his perspective, the answer is no.

Nic
                                Last edited by Nic; 12-13-18, 06:58 PM.
                                1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
                                1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

Working...
                                X