Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Lutherans must reprove the Pope in "all" false doctrine ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutherans must reprove the Pope in "all" false doctrine ...

... and Lutherans must "not" approve, worship in, nor fellowship in, false doctrine

Specifically regarding Pontifex Maximus' "pagan" worship ritual "on earth" - at least once annually "on earth" - day of Christ's most holy passion "on earth" - a truer order "on earth" - preserved from the very day of the passion - Friday, Nisan 15 - Pontifex Maximus' "private interpretations" (Reference: Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's decree (order) to the Church's (West/East) bishops after the Council of Nicaea A.D. 325)

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarto...CITEREFNPNF2_1 – (emphasis mine)

In a letter to the bishops who had not been present, Emperor Constantine I said that it had been decided to adopt a uniform date, rejecting the custom of the Jews, who had crucified Jesus and whose practice often meant that two passovers were celebrated in the same solar year:

It was resolved by the united judgment of all present, that this feast ought to be kept by all and in every place on one and the same day. For what can be more becoming or honorable to us than that this feast, from which we date our hopes of immortality, should be observed unfailingly by all alike, according to one ascertained order and arrangement? And first of all, it appeared an unworthy thing that in the celebration of this most holy feast we should follow the practice of the Jews, who have impiously defiled their hands with enormous sin, and are, therefore, deservedly afflicted with blindness of soul. For we have it in our power, if we abandon their custom, to prolong the due observance of this ordinance to future ages, by a truer order, which we have preserved from the very day of the passion until the present time. Let us then have nothing in common with the detestable Jewish crowd; for we have received from our Saviour a different way. A course at once legitimate and honorable lies open to our most holy religion. Beloved brethren, let us with one consent adopt this course, and withdraw ourselves from all participation in their baseness... being altogether ignorant of the true adjustment of this question, they sometimes celebrate Easter twice in the same year. Why then should we follow those who are confessedly in grievous error? Surely we shall never consent to keep this feast a second time in the same year... And let your Holinesses' sagacity reflect how grievous and scandalous it is that on the self-same days some should be engaged in fasting, others in festive enjoyment; and again, that after the days of Easter some should be present at banquets and amusements, while others are fulfilling the appointed fasts. It is, then, plainly the will of Divine Providence (as I suppose you all clearly see), that this usage should receive fitting correction, and be reduced to one uniform rule.[13]
    ]

Approving, teaching, and walking in, "false" doctrine within the Church "on earth" (i.e. Church - congregation of saints "on earth"), is not "according to the Scriptures" within the one true faith. (Biblical Judeo/Christian faith - Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21) (i.e. (Matthew 7:15) (Matthew 15:7-9) (John 4:22-24) (2 Corinthians 11:12-15) (2 Timothy 4:3-5) (2 Peter 2) (1 John 2:19-21) (Jude 1:4) (Revelation 17:6))

Mark 10:17-19 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
    17 Now as He was going out on the road, one came running, knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”

18 So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery,’ ‘Do not murder,’ ‘Do not steal,’ ‘Do not bear false witness,’ ‘Do not defraud,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother.’ ”

Ephesians 5:11-13 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather [a]expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things that are [b]exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light.

Footnotes: [a] reprove [b] reproved

The Book of Concord - The Large Catechism - The Ten Commandments - The Eighth Commandment - (emphasis mine)

254] Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

271] False witness, then, is everything which cannot be properly proved. 272] Therefore, what is not manifest upon sufficient evidence no one shall make public or declare for truth; …

(emphasis mine - [271] [272] - i.e. Timelog of Jesus' Last Days, by W. Georgi “ (Concordia Theological Monthly -Vol. XVIII; April, 1947; No. 4) - This is what W. Georgi states; (p. 271 last paragraph) (emphasis mine)

But the fact remains that Christ was crucified on the day
    fixed by God for the beginning of the Passover feast, Nisan 15.

Timelog of Jesus’ Last Days. (p. 264, last paragraph)
    “The Passover lamb was killed on Nisan 14, between the two
    evenings, 3 P. M. and 6 P. M. (Ex. 12: 6).2
    2 See Addition No. II.”

Where is the proof that W. Georgi alluded to? A "public" retraction of W. Georgi's false witness should be made by Concordia Theological Monthly Publication, according to "The Book of Concord's" Christian principles 272] Therefore, what is not manifest upon sufficient evidence no one shall make public or declare for truth; … i.e. "The Confessions' authority is derived from their agreement with Scripture and is binding for everyone who professes to be a Lutheran." - (emphasis mine).
    Book of Concord – The Lutheran Confessions and the Bible – Threefold Tier of Authority in the Church

284] All this has been said regarding secret sins. But where the sin is quite public so that the judge and everybody know it, you can without any sin avoid him and let him go, because he has brought himself into disgrace, and you may also publicly testify concerning him. For when a matter is public in the light of day, there can be no slandering or false judging or testifying; as, when we now reprove the Pope with his doctrine, which is publicly set forth in books and proclaimed in all the world. For where the sin is public, the reproof also must be public, that every one may learn to guard against it.

[The Augsburg Confession - Chief Articles of Faith - Article XXVIII: Of Ecclesiastical Power. (emphasis mine)

20] When, therefore, the question is concerning the jurisdiction of bishops, civil authority must be distinguished from 21] ecclesiastical jurisdiction. Again, according to the Gospel or, as they say, by divine right, there belongs to the bishops as bishops, that is, to those to whom has been committed the ministry of the Word and the Sacraments, no jurisdiction except to forgive sins, to judge doctrine, to reject doctrines contrary to the Gospel, and to exclude from the communion of the Church wicked men, whose wickedness is known, and this without human force, 22] simply by the Word. Herein the congregations of necessity and by divine right must obey them, according to Luke 10:16: He that heareth you heareth Me. 23] But when they teach or ordain anything against the Gospel, then the congregations have a commandment of God prohibiting obedience, Matt. 7:15: Beware of false prophets; 24] Gal. 1:8: Though an angel from heaven preach any other gospel, let him be accursed; 25] 2 Cor. 13:8: We can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. 26] Also: The power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction. 27] So, also, the Canonical Laws command (II. Q. VII. Cap., Sacerdotes, and Cap. Oves). 28] And Augustine (Contra Petiliani Epistolam): Neither must we submit to Catholic bishops if they chance to err, or hold anything contrary to the Canonical Scriptures of God.]

John 4:22-24 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
    22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

1 John 2:21 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
    21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

In Christ's service,
    David Behrens
    Sola Gloria Dei!
    Bringing Christian harmony to all the world
Working...
X