Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

No faith at all?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thekla View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner. I have been really sick the last few days. I'm finally beginning to feel better. I can actually breathe a little and stand up without getting dizzy, or coughing until I vomit flem from my lungs. Yuch!
    I'm praying you will get better. May God bless you.

Do you have anyone to take care of you?
    "

Yes, one can be saved through baptism.

Romans 8: 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Thanks for praying for me. I'm getting better but it is taking awhile. My sides hurt when I cough. My husband and daughter are taking care of me. I certainly thank God for that. I didn't go to church yesterday because I didn't want anyone to catch what I have. I hope I'm better by Wednesday so I can go to our Bible Study.
    You too, Thekla? I have been very ill since New Year's day. I caught a really bad flu bug, which turned into pneumonia. I had to get a friend to take me to the doctor, as my husband had to take his 90 year old mother back to her retirememt center, so he could take her to the doctor, as she got very sick. However, she had bronchitis, not the flu. Whole he was gone, I took a turn for the worse. I coughed so hard I threw up. I was so weak, that I nearly passed out at the clinic, after being weighed. I saw a very nice PA who put me on an antibiotic, steroids, and some hydrocodone cough syrup. My temp has been normal for 8 days, but my husband came home from his mom's with a bad cold, which I caught, in my weakened state. We are both mostly over the colds, but I tire easily and still feel very weak, despite sleeping well.

Yes, so had my flu shot. But it sounds as if we have both been through the ringer! Glad you are feeling better. I basically feel fine, just very weak. I hate that feeling.

What a way for both of us to start the New Year!
    Last edited by Bonnie; 01-14-19, 01:04 PM.
    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
    "The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever."--anonymous
    "If Jesus isn't THE WAY, then there is nothing else."--Bob

Comment

I'm glad that you are feeling better. It sounds like we have just about the same thing. Thank God for answering our prayers. It is a real blessing to have others pray for us.
      Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
      but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

Bummer, wasn't it? I had friends at church praying for me. But I tire so easily, though I am trying to do some things, like a little laundry and cooking dinner, though hubby cleans up for me. Have you had a lot of fatigue?
        "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
        "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
        "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
          Bummer, wasn't it? I had friends at church praying for me. But I tire so easily, though I am trying to do some things, like a little laundry and cooking dinner, though hubby cleans up for me. Have you had a lot of fatigue?
          I do. I have to take a nap before I go to sleep...lol
          Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
          but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

Originally posted by Thekla View Post

I do. I have to take a nap before I go to sleep...lol
            Ha! I have also taken a few naps, which is not like me. But my cough is lingering...though no sinus infection, as far as I can tell. Yet....

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

I'm praying you will get better. May God bless you.

Do you have anyone to take care of you?

You too, Thekla? I have been very ill since New Year's day. I caught a really bad flu bug, which turned into pneumonia. I had to get a friend to take me to the doctor, as my husband had to take his 90 year old mother back to her retirememt center, so he could take her to the doctor, as she got very sick. However, she had bronchitis, not the flu. Whole he was gone, I took a turn for the worse. I coughed so hard I threw up. I was so weak, that I nearly passed out at the clinic, after being weighed. I saw a very nice PA who put me on an antibiotic, steroids, and some hydrocodone cough syrup. My temp has been normal for 8 days, but my husband came home from his mom's with a bad cold, which I caught, in my weakened state. We are both mostly over the colds, but I tire easily and still feel very weak, despite sleeping well.

Yes, so had my flu shot. But it sounds as if we have both been through the ringer! Glad you are feeling better. I basically feel fine, just very weak. I hate that feeling.

What a way for both of us to start the New Year!
              Gosh, I hope y’all get well and stay well. My husband had symptoms feeling like he was coming down with a cold for a couple weeks or less, was sick last night and says he feels better today. Go figure. When I have a cold, the cough itself lasts for what seems forever.

Comment

There's a bug circulating in North TX like a cold that lingers for 6 to 8 weeks in normally healthy individuals. Local doctors haven't ascribed a specific name to it. I had it from Thanksgiving into mid-January. It was more of a nuisance thing than serious for me. My elderly mother had it at the same time.
                1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
                1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

Working...
                X