Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Help With Unbelief

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With Unbelief

ok, I think that at least for the time being, the ND church I was visiting isn’t for me, so I tried a Lutheran LCMS church and really enjoyed it. Trouble is, they take Genesis literally - six day creation, young earth, talking snake etc. I don’t know if, after having a Catholic background and relying on not only Gods Word but science to explain things I’d ever believe in Genesis literally. How do I do this?
    I mean, the pastors are well educated and believe, I’m not well educated, so I think that they’d know more than I do but.....
    Last edited by 4Him; 02-10-19, 07:24 PM. Reason: no violation

Originally posted by Faith1960 View Post
    ok, I think that at least for the time being, the ND church I was visiting isn’t for me, so I tried a Lutheran LCMS church and really enjoyed it. Trouble is, they take Genesis literally - six day creation, young earth, talking snake etc. I don’t know if, after having a Catholic background and relying on not only Gods Word but science to explain things I’d ever believe in Genesis literally. How do I do this?
    I mean, the pastors are well educated and believe, I’m not well educated, so I think that they’d know more than I do but.....
    The whole "Talking Serpent" thing is (in terms of what the CHURCH is all about) really nothing but "Background noise", and whether you can believe a 144 hour creation or not isn't of any importance at all (I don't particularly believe it myself).

THE ONLY REAL QUESTION THAT SHOULD CONCERN YOU IS:

How is a sinful Human being Born Again of the Holy Spirit by FAITH in Jesus Sin Offering for them. And, cleansed of their SIN, and made perfect in the sight of God??

IF you talk to the pastors, THAT'S the question, and all the other "religious stuff" can wait, since it's unimportant.

Comment

Huge topic...let me brush against a few items and see where you might have questions.

It's pretty simple....look at science. Dinosaur biomaterial has been found in fossilized dinosaur bones...how does biomaterial survive for over 65 MILLION years?

You didn't mention a world wide flood but science clearly demonstrates there was a world wide flood. There is tons of material that shows the flood was literal.

The list of genealogies with ages when added up come to about 6,000 years ago for a creation. It's what the bible presents. Bishop James Ussher did the math.

If Genesis wasn't literal then why does Paul in a letter to Timothy present it as literal for the basics of the rule prresented to the women of the church? 1 Tim 2:13

This is just a start...as I said the topic is huge. For example...original sin and the fall of Adam....how does evolutionism and the Old Earthers explain the following? The bible in Romans 5:12 tells us...Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

Modern scientist tells us when a persons dies they stay dead and don't resurrect on day 3...yet the bible says Jesus did.

Lets start here...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

The whole "Talking Serpent" thing is (in terms of what the CHURCH is all about) really nothing but "Background noise", and whether you can believe a 144 hour creation or not isn't of any importance at all (I don't particularly believe it myself).

THE ONLY REAL QUESTION THAT SHOULD CONCERN YOU IS:

How is a sinful Human being Born Again of the Holy Spirit by FAITH in Jesus Sin Offering for them. And, cleansed of their SIN, and made perfect in the sight of God??

IF you talk to the pastors, THAT'S the question, and all the other "religious stuff" can wait, since it's unimportant.
        One of the problem Bob is this sin you mention. How does one explain the orgination of our fallen nature outside of what Genesis and other portions of scripture say?

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

One of the problem Bob is this sin you mention. How does one explain the orgination of our fallen nature outside of what Genesis and other portions of scripture say?
          Unimportant. YOU SIN, and you know that you do. It's your (and my) NATURE to do so - just as it was Adams nature - the mechanism of Sin is in James 1.

Comment

Huge topic...let me brush against a few items and see where you might have questions.

It's pretty simple....look at science. Dinosaur biomaterial has been found in fossilized dinosaur bones...how does biomaterial survive for over 65 MILLION years?

You didn't mention a world wide flood but science clearly demonstrates there was a world wide flood. There is tons of material that shows the flood was literal.

The list of genealogies with ages when added up come to about 6,000 years ago for a creation. It's what the bible presents. Bishop James Ussher did the math.

If Genesis wasn't literal then why does Paul in a letter to Timothy present it as literal for the basics of the rule prresented to the women of the church? 1 Tim 2:13

This is just a start...as I said the topic is huge. For example...original sin and the fall of Adam....how does evolutionism and the Old Earthers explain the following? The bible in Romans 5:12 tells us...Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—

Modern scientist tells us when a persons dies they stay dead and don't resurrect on day 3...yet the bible says Jesus did.

Lets start here...

I read something about the dinosaur bones that was somehow explained by a scientist, but I don’t remember exactly how. I think it had something to do with the tissue’s location in the bone. Anyway,once she (the scientist) explained it, it wasn’t much of an indication of anything.
            BTW, thanks for replying. I like reading your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Unimportant. YOU SIN, and you know that you do. It's your (and my) NATURE to do so - just as it was Adams nature - the mechanism of Sin is in James 1.
              Very important....I don't thik one can deny Genesis and the whys.....and maintain the integrety and much of the doctrine of the bible. The theology of the fall and sin via one man goes away.

One has to wonder how an evolved monkey.....became sinners. Just saying, yup, we're sinners may be true but now lacks an explaination...and explanation God informed us of in Genesis. An explanation now has to be found outside of Gods Word.

Comment

https://www.livescience.com/41537-t-...ft-tissue.html

Here is that scientists explanation that I posted about.

Comment

Jesus PRAISED ABBA, for what ? For revealing salvation , and everything concerning salvation in this life and in the next, to little children,

and for HIDING THIS from the educated ones. For thus it is ABBA'S GOOD PLEASURE so to DO. (TODAY also; always, yes).

"How do I do this ? ? you asked.... you don't do this. The Father in heaven does this. Believe Him. Not the educated ones.

Believe His Word, God's Word, and TRUST ONLY IN HIM.

Then you won't have any problem dismissing all of mankind's ways.

Comment

I read something about the dinosaur bones that was somehow explained by a scientist, but I don’t remember exactly how. I think it had something to do with the tissue’s location in the bone. Anyway,once she (the scientist) explained it, it wasn’t much of an indication of anything.
                    BTW, thanks for replying. I like reading your posts.
                    They tried to explain how the biomaterial may have survived...but failed. Some suggest iron preserved the biomaterial....but that has been refuted.
                    Go to the 15:50ish mark and learn why iron isn't the answer.

Location of the biomaterial isn't the answer because biomaterial less than 1 mm away exposed to the same environment...wasn't preserved. Anyway, dino and man lived together. Check this out. They don't teach this in school.

This isn't all....Carbon 14 has been found in diamonds and coal. Carbon 14 has a half life of 5730 years....coal is supposed to be something like 300 MY's old..so why do they still find C14? The answer is, the earth is young. In fact the coal was formed after the world wide flood of Noah buried vegetation..which tuned to coal...oil, natural gas and so on.

You might even find this interesting...bell found in coal.

You may even like this....Delk Print. There is so much science that supports the bible and a young earth.

Comment

https://www.livescience.com/41537-t-...ft-tissue.html

Here is that scientists explanation that I posted about.
                      Yes, Iron seems to be their claim..but post 10 shows why that really isn't the answer. Go to the 15:50ish min mark in the video.

Comment

They tried to explain how the biomaterial may have survived...but failed. Some suggest iron preserved the biomaterial....but that has been refuted.
                        Go to the 15:50ish mark and learn why iron isn't the answer.

Location of the biomaterial isn't the answer because biomaterial less than 1 mm away exposed to the same environment...wasn't preserved. Anyway, dino and man lived together. Check this out. They don't teach this in school.

This isn't all....Carbon 14 has been found in diamonds and coal. Carbon 14 has a half life of 5730 years....coal is supposed to be something like 300 MY's old..so why do they still find C14? The answer is, the earth is young. In fact the coal was formed after the world wide flood of Noah buried vegetation..which tuned to coal...oil, natural gas and so on.

You might even find this interesting...bell found in coal.

You may even like this....Delk Print. There is so much science that supports the bible and a young earth.
                        Are these scientists well educated, respected scientists?

Comment

Are these scientists well educated, respected scientists?
                          Yes. But then again the anti-bible..evolutionism..sects will say no. They have to. Take your time...check out the material. I haven't even began to scratch the surface.

You asked..."I’d ever believe in Genesis literally. How do I do this?" The answer is faith in the bible. Do you have faith that Jesus died on the cross then rose from the grave on day 3 despite what modern medical science claims? What's easier for Jesus to do..., to form Adam from the dust the Eve from his rib or to rise from the dead on day 3?

Comment

How old were Adam and Eve when they were created?
                            Mark 9:24 Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things,
                            but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.” ― Martin Luther

Muretus "Call no man worthless for whom Christ died!"

Comment

Originally posted by Thekla View Post

How old were Adam and Eve when they were created?
                              I have absolutely no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X