Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Book of Concord - Eighth Commandment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book of Concord - Eighth Commandment

The Book of Concord - The Large Catechism - The Ten Commandments - The Eighth Commandment - (emphasis mine)

254] Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

271] False witness, then, is everything which cannot be properly proved. 272] Therefore, what is not manifest upon sufficient evidence no one shall make public or declare for truth;

Originally posted by BJ BEAR View Post
    … Therefore the church refers to Good Friday as all the Evangelists have our Lord being crucified on a Friday, that is, the day before the sabbath. …

If what one says is true, then according to the Book of Concord's definition of the Eighth Commandment, all of the Church's Evangelists have born false witness against their neighbor. (i.e. "Friday" crucifixion of Jesus. (Matthew 27:35))

The Evangelists are not above the supremacy of Scripture and its norming function!

Who first taught this false doctrine "on earth" to the Evangelists?

Was the supremacy of Scripture and its norming function used when evaluating this teacher?

1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
    19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

True worshipers of the Father must worship in spirit and truth! (John 4:22-24) (i.e. doctrine of Christ) No lie is of the truth! (1 John 2:21)

All doctrine that "nullifies" the word of God "on earth", that "quenches" the Spirit "on earth", and that "despises" Christ's fulfilled "verbatim" Resurrection prophecies "on earth" = "false" doctrine "on earth". Period.

The Apostle Paul did not bear false witness -

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
    1Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

The use of supremacy of Scripture and its norming function were key in the Key of David illustrations. The Key of David illustrations were given to the Church authorities on many occasions. (i.e. The Key of David illustrates the 100% Holy Spirit "inspired" chronology of the passion, death, burial and glorious Resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, "on earth", "according to the Scriptures") (i.e. including, but not limited to - (Exodus 12:6) (Matthew 26:2) (Numbers 28:16) (Mark 8:31) (1 Corinthians 15:1-4))

In Christ's service,
    David Behrens
    Sola Gloria Dei!
    Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

Originally posted by davbeh2010 View Post
    The Book of Concord - The Large Catechism - The Ten Commandments - The Eighth Commandment - (emphasis mine)

254] Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

271] False witness, then, is everything which cannot be properly proved. 272] Therefore, what is not manifest upon sufficient evidence no one shall make public or declare for truth;

If what one says is true, then according to the Book of Concord's definition of the Eighth Commandment, all of the Church's Evangelists have born false witness against their neighbor. (i.e. "Friday" crucifixion of Jesus. (Matthew 27:35))

The Evangelists are not above the supremacy of Scripture and its norming function!
    Please tell us that whatever you intended to write that it is not that the Gospels attributed to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John got it wrong.
    Test all things and praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Peace,
    BJ -Bear
    VDMA (1 Peter 1:25)
    WELS

Comment

Please tell us that whatever you intended to write that it is not that the Gospels attributed to Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John got it wrong.
      All Scripture is 100% authoritative, 100% holy, and 100% truthful! (Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21)

The context was given: (i.e. "Friday" crucifixion of Jesus. (Matthew 27:35)) - "Friday" is not the day identified in Holy Scripture.

Clarification - My reference to the term - Evangelist - (1) a person who seeks to convert others to the Christian faith, especially by public preaching.
      (https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&channel=cus&q=Evangelists)

e·van·ge·list
      /əˈvanjələst/
      Learn to pronounce
      noun
      plural noun: evangelists

a person who seeks to convert others to the Christian faith, especially by public preaching.
      synonyms: preacher, missionary, gospeler, proselytizer, converter, crusader, propagandist, campaigner, televangelist
      "people flocked to hear evangelists preach"
      a layperson engaged in Christian missionary work.
      a zealous advocate of something.
      "he is an evangelist of junk bonds"
      the writer of one of the four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John).
      "St. John the Evangelist"

All Evangelists who "specifically" proclaim a "Friday" crucifixion of Jesus (Matthew 27:35), and everyone else who does so, are in error, and do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God. (i.e. bearing "false" witness against one's neighbor)

According to the Book of Concord's meaning of the eighth commandment, for anyone to make public or declare as truth, anything without proper proof (i.e. (prove all things) 1 Thessalonians 5:19-21 - i.e. a "Friday" crucifixion of Jesus on Nisan 15), would then be correctly understood as one bearing false witness against one's neighbor. (i.e. producers of the WELS movie - "Come Follow Me" (2013) - i.e. depicting some of the true historical Scriptural events, with a false narrative embodied within the darkness of "oral traditions" of men "on earth" that "nullify" the word of God "on earth", that "quench" the Spirit "on earth", and that "despise" Christ's fulfilled "verbatim" Resurrection prophecies "on earth" - i.e. "implicitly" introducing a Pharisaic definition of "beyn ha'arbayim" into the movie's narrative (i.e. demonic doctrine), and not depicting 100% "sound" Scriptural doctrine". (i.e.the Holy Spirit "inspired" meaning of "beyn ha'arbayim" - (Exodus 12:6; Numbers 28:16; Matthew 26:2) (Mark 8:31)))

The Evangelists, or anyone else, are not above the supremacy of Scripture and its norming function!

Who first taught this false doctrine "on earth" to the Evangelists? (i.e. "Friday" crucifixion of Jesus) (i.e. it was not Dr. Martin Luther)

Was the supremacy of Scripture and its norming function used when evaluating this teacher?

False teachers and false doctrine are not allowed within the one true faith, "on earth" or in heaven! (i.e. Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's "accursed" doctrine "on earth" - i.e. W. Georgi's false doctrine "on earth" - https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...ek-by-w-georgi) (i.e. heresies destructive of salvation "on earth" (2 Peter 2))

Doctrine of Christ - (Matthew 19:16-22)

If one wants to enter into life "on earth" (i.e. eternal life), keep the commandments. (i.e. Eighth commandment - do not bear false witness! - i.e. The Passover Memorial is an everlasting ordinance "on earth" - Nisan 14 - Christ our Passover - Spirit of the law, only, always - Apostolic Holy Oral Tradition "on earth" under the New Covenant in Christ's blood "on earth")

Doctrine of Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine -

Passover Memorial "on earth" - at least once annually "on earth" - legalistic i.e. (Leviticus 23:6-7) (Numbers 28:17-18) - "Friday" Nisan 15 - defined by "private interpretations" of ungodly men "on earth". (Jude 1:4) (Revelation 17:6)

If one wants to remain with curses "on earth", then it is one's choice to continue following Caesar's "accursed" doctrine "on earth", at least once annually "on earth". (i.e. "Friday" Nisan 15 - i.e. W. Georgi's false doctrine - promoted by (Concordia Theological Monthly -Vol. XVIII; April, 1947; No. 4 - bearing false witness against one's neighbor "on earth", even to this very day))

It is one's choice to repent, or to not repent!

In Christ's service,
      David Behrens
      Sola Gloria Dei!

Comment

All Scripture is 100% authoritative, 100% holy, and 100% truthful! (Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21)

The context was given: (i.e. "Friday" crucifixion of Jesus. (Matthew 27:35)) - "Friday" is not the day identified in Holy Scripture.
        Obviously Scripture refers to the day of preparation, the day before the sabbath, what we call Friday.

Peace,
        BJ -Bear
        WELS

Comment

Obviously Scripture refers to the day of preparation, the day before the sabbath, what we call Friday.

One's eyes are restrained. Try opening them.

Jewish sixth day of the week (sunset to sunset reckoning) -"Friday", Nisan 15 (i.e. a Sabbath - (Leviticus 23:6-7) (Numbers 28:17-18))

Jewish fifth day of the week (sunset to sunset reckoning)- "Thursday", Nisan 14 - (i.e. the day before the Sabbath)

Mark 15:42-43 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. (Emphasis mine)
          42 Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath, 43 Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent council member, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, coming and taking courage, went in to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus.

Luke 24:18-22 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas (Emphasis mine)
          18 Then the one whose name was Cleopas answered and said to Him, “Are You the only stranger in Jerusalem, and have You not known the things which happened there in these days?”
          19 And He said to them, “What things?”
          So they said to Him, “The things concerning Jesus of Nazareth, who was a Prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, 20 and how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. 21 But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened. 22 Yes, and certain women of our company, who arrived at the tomb early, astonished us.

Sunday 17th - first day of the week to the Jews - On the road to Emmaus conversation with Jesus (their eyes were restrained) - today is the "third day" since these things happened
          Saturday 16th - seventh day of the week to the Jews - (if the conversation with the stranger (Jesus) took place 1 day earlier - today is the "second day" since these things happened.)
          Friday 15th - sixth day of the week to the Jews - (if the conversation with the stranger (Jesus) took place 2 days earlier - today is the "first day" since these things happened.)
          Thursday 14th - fifth day of the week to the Jews - (if the conversation with the stranger (Jesus) took place 3 days earlier - today is the "day" these things happened.)

What things? (Jesus' arrest and Jesus' crucifixion) - Thursday - fifth day of the week to the Jews (sunset to sunset reckoning)

Mark 8:31 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas (Emphasis mine)
          31 And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

Matthew 26:2 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas (Emphasis mine)
          2 “You know that after two days is the Passover, and the Son of Man will be delivered up to be crucified.”

Numbers 28:16 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas
          16 ‘On the fourteenth day of the first month is the Passover of the LORD.

The use of supremacy of Scripture and its norming function were key in the Key of David illustrations. The Key of David illustrations were given to the Church authorities on many occasions. (i.e. The Key of David illustrates the 100% Holy Spirit "inspired" chronology of the passion, death, burial and glorious Resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, "on earth", "according to the Scriptures") (i.e. including, but not limited to - (Exodus 12:6) (Matthew 26:2) (Numbers 28:16) (Mark 8:31) (1 Corinthians 15:1-4))

Teach me BJ,

1) Is breaking the eighth commandment "on earth" a sin? (i.e. bearing false witness against the world)

2) Is the "oral tradition" according to the "doctrine of Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine" 'on earth", correct ("Friday" Nisan 15 - Letter of the law, only, always), or is the "doctrine of Christ" "on earth", correct (Nisan 14 - Christ our Passover - Spirit of the law, only, always (Matthew 26:2) (Numbers 28:16))? (i.e. regarding the day of Christ's most holy passion "on earth")

In Christ's service,
          David Behrens
          Sola Gloria Dei!

Comment

One's eyes are restrained. Try opening them.
            The question to be answered is did the Evangelists, the authors of the Gospels, get it right or wrong? Was the next day the sabbath or not? "

John 19:31
            Then, since it was Preparation [What we call Friday.], that the bodies not remain on the cross on the sabbath, for great was the day of that sabbath, the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken and they be taken away. - LITV

Peace,
            BJ -Bear
            WELS

Comment

The question to be answered is did the Evangelists, the authors of the Gospels, get it right or wrong? Was the next day the sabbath or not? "

John 19:31
              Then, since it was Preparation [What we call Friday.], that the bodies not remain on the cross on the sabbath, for great was the day of that sabbath, the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken and they be taken away. - LITV

The question to be answered is did the Evangelists, the authors of the Gospels, get it right or wrong?
              Already answered. The Evangelists, the authors of the Gospels, always get it right! These Evangelists will also agree that the "Key of David illustrations" are in complete 100% agreement with all Holy Scripture. (i.e. including, but not limited to, (i.e. Matthew 26:2; Numbers 28:16; Exodus 12:6; Mark 8:31; Luke 24:18-22; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

The Holy Apostolic Oral Tradition does not support the Jewish sixth day of the week (What we call Friday) as the day Jesus of Nazareth was crucified. (i.e. Jesus > Apostle John > Saint Polycarp > Polycrates > all faithful and loving saints in Christ Jesus "on earth" > Nisan 14 > Christ our Passover > Spirit of the law, only, always

The Holy Scriptures do not support the Jewish sixth day of the week (What we call Friday) as the day that Jesus of Nazareth was crucified. (i.e. Matthew 26:2; Numbers 28:16; Exodus 12:6; Mark 8:31; Luke 24:18-22; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

In fact, Jesus of Nazareth was not crucified on the Jewish sixth day of the week (What we call Friday) as organized self-imposed religion would have one believe. (i.e. place some of one's faith in) In fact, Jesus of Nazareth is very upset with organized self-imposed religion when their faith practices include practices that "nullify" the word of God "on earth", "quench" the Spirit "on earth" (Matthew 15:7-9) (Matthew 23), and that "despise" Christ's fulfilled "verbatim" Resurrection prophecies "on earth". (i.e. Mark 8:31) (i.e. placing Jesus in the darkness as a "false" prophet "on earth")

Why is breaking the eighth commandment "on earth" a top priority of the "antichrists" "on earth"? (i.e. antichrists "on earth" - false prophets - false apostles - false teachers)

Answer: One who falls in their web of lies and deceit "on earth", will no longer be able to love the LORD God "on earth" with all of one's heart, with all of one's mind, with all of one's soul, and with all of one's strength. (i.e. "all" requires 100% faith = "faithful" "on earth" as in heaven)

1) Is breaking the eighth commandment "on earth" a sin? (i.e. bearing false witness against the world)

Answer: Yes it is! ("unfaithful")

2) Is the "oral tradition" according to the "doctrine of Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine" 'on earth", and the proven "false" doctrine - https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...ek-by-w-georgi , of Rev. W. Georgi, correct ("Friday" Nisan 15 - Letter of the law, only, always), or is the "doctrine of Christ" "on earth", correct (Nisan 14 - Christ our Passover - Spirit of the law, only, always - Jesus > Apostle John > Saint Polycarp > Polycrates > all faithful and loving saints in Christ Jesus "on earth" under the New Covenant in Christ's blood "on earth" - (Matthew 26:2) (Numbers 28:16))? (i.e. regarding the day of Christ's most holy passion "on earth")

Answer: Obviously, 100% of the "doctrine of Christ", and 100% of the Apostolic Holy Oral Traditions are always correct! ("on earth" as in heaven) (i.e. remember the doctrine of supremacy of Scripture "on earth" as in heaven) (i.e. Matthew 26:2; Numbers 28:16; Exodus 12:6; Mark 8:31; Luke 24:18-22; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) Remember, Christ and the Apostle John did not lie! (John 4:22-24) i.e. true worshipers of the Father must worship in spirit and truth! No lie is of the truth! (1 John 2:21) (Deuteronomy 4:39) (Ephesians 4:4-6) ("on earth" as in heaven)

Romans 14:5 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
              5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

In other words, organized religion cannot control one's individual believer's choice in this matter! Esteem Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's doctrine (Papa) "on earth" or esteem the "doctrine of Christ" "on earth"! Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. (i.e. break the eighth commandment in worship services every year, or choose not to break the eighth commandment in worship services every year, by staying home and reading the Holy Scriptures to one's family instead of joining the "unfaithful" in their religious self-imposed unfruitful works of darkness "on earth")

Actions speak louder than words "on earth"! (i.e. that is, being "faithful" or "unfaithful") (i.e. (Deuteronomy 4:39) (Ephesians 4:4-6) - "eyes of the Lord" - (2 Chronicles 16:9; 2 Chronicles 29:6; Psalm 34:15; Proverbs 5:21; Proverbs 15:3; Proverbs 22:12)

In Christ's service,
              David Behrens
              Sola Gloria Dei!
              Last edited by davbeh2010; 08-10-19, 01:42 PM. Reason: (Matthew 15:7-9) (Matthew 23)

Comment

Already answered. The Evangelists, the authors of the Gospels, always get it right!
                Then Jesus died on the day of preparation, what we call Friday. Thank you for confirming that. Well, at least thank you for confirming that before denying it.

At the end of the day you still have no commandment to Gentiles to adopt and adhere to the Jewish calendar as it is exluded, again see Acts 15.

Peace,
                BJ -Bear
                WELS

Comment

Then Jesus died on the day of preparation, what we call Friday. Thank you for confirming that. Well, at least thank you for confirming that before denying it.
                  At the end of the day you still have no commandment to Gentiles to adopt and adhere to the Jewish calendar as it is exluded, again see Acts 15.

Rev. W. Georgi's "accursed" doctrine has already been disproved, refuted, and invalidated, all by using the supremacy of Scripture alone! (i.e. declared "null and void" "on earth" - abides "outside" of the "doctrine of Christ" "on earth" - (Matthew 26:2) (Mark 8:31) (John 4:22-24)) (Rev. W. Georgi's "accursed" doctrine "on earth" -"Friday" Nisan 15 - Letter of the law, only, always - Pharisaic doctrine - day of Christ's most holy passion "on earth") All that Rev. W. Georgi had to offer, "specifically" in this regard, was to bear false witness against all Lutherans, and against all the world, regarding the Passover Memorial "on earth"! (Reference: Book of Concord - Eighth commandment) (i.e. less than 100% faithful to the Father "on earth" (Deuteronomy 4:39) (Ephesians 4:4-6) - serving other gods "on earth" (i.e. Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine and all future Popes "on earth" - Rev. W. Georgi's (Papa) "on earth") - breaking the eighth commandment "on earth" - intentionally or unintentionally, our Heavenly Father knows)

Christ died for our sins "on earth" "according to the Scriptures". (Reference: (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) (Mark 8:31) (Matthew 26:2) (Numbers 28:16) (Exodus 12:6 - i.e. "beyn ha'arbayim" - Spirit of the law, only, always - the day of preparation for the Passover offering (Nisan 14) - the Light ("twilight - "beyn ha'arbayim" (Exodus 12:6 - "first mention") of preparation for Christ, our Passover Lamb of God, "on earth" - the same calendar day that Jesus instituted the New Covenant in his blood - (Jesus died on the day of preparation - the Jewish fifth day of the week - sunset to sunset reckoning) - what we call Thursday today - "visually depicted in the Key of David illustrations) (i.e. Luke 24:18-22)

Note: Is the supremacy of Scripture for (Mark 15:42 - Now when evening had come, ....), and for (Matthew 26:20 - When evening had come ...), used "faithfully" in one's Gentile calendar system? It is indeed used faithfully in the Key of David understanding for all to "visually" see.

Matthew 26:20 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. (Emphasis mine)
                  20 When evening had come, He sat down with the twelve.

Mark 15:42-43 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. (Emphasis mine)
                  42 Now when evening had come, because it was the Preparation Day, that is, the day before the Sabbath, 43 Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent council member, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, coming and taking courage, went in to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus.

How did Jesus and his disciples understand the first mention of "evening" in (Genesis 1:5)? Was Jesus' understanding of "evening" in (Genesis 1:5) the same one as recorded by the Evangelist when Jesus sat down with the twelve in (Matthew 26:20)?

Please shed some light on one's understanding of the first mention of "evening" in (Genesis 1:5), and how the understanding of "evening" in (Matthew 26:20) and (Mark 15:42), in context, fits in with the Gentile calandar days.

After all, it is claimed that the day of Christ's most holy passion was on the Gentile calendar day of "Friday".
                  What part of the Gentile calendar day did the events of (Matthew 26:20) fall on? What Gentile calendar day would that be?
                  What part of the Gentile calendar day did the events of (Mark 15:42) fall on? What Gentile calendar day would that be?

Remember it is a sin to bear false witness against one's neighbor! (Reference: Book of Concord - Eighth commandment)

In Christ's service,
                  David Behrens
                  Sola Gloria Dei!

Comment

And Romans 14.
                    "I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                    "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                    “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                    "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                    "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

Comment

Actually, this is fairly easy to reconcile. The following website comes from a scholar whom I write to from time to time, for clarification on Biblical Greek and Hebrew. I have linked to his website before, so the link should be okay:

https://ichthys.com/mail-Easter3days.htm

Under the article, in blue, one can see more articles, dealing with the day of the week on which Jesus must have been crucified. I have been writing to Dr. Luginbill for over q5 years for translation issues. He is a devout Christian, and has been unfailingly kind and patient with me, answering my questions, and even including so e of my questions on his website.

"I am tired of being treated like a mushroom--they keep me in the dark and feed me manure!" (reasons why a Mormon was leaving the LDS church)
                      "What people don't realize is how much religion costs. They think faith is a big electric blanket, when of course, it is the cross."--Flannery O'Connor
                      “It’s easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled. --Mark Twain."
                      "I am a Missouri Synod Lutheran--NOT REFORMED/CALVINIST. PLEASE learn the difference."
                      "If the truth hurts--then it is working."--anonymous

Comment

Rev. W. Georgi's "accursed" doctrine has already been disproved, refuted, and invalidated, all by using the supremacy of Scripture alone!
                        The hobby horse is irrelevant. Tell us about the John passage. When that is sorted then your interpretation of other passages will be considered in that light

Peace,
                        BJ -Bear
                        WELS

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

And Romans 14.
                          Sure, but in addition to this being a discussion regarding the gospel in the narrow sense,, it is also regarding the clarity of Scripture on a particular topic, the reliability of Scripture on a particular topic and as whole, and an examination of the extra BIblical historical record.

I take the title of the thread and associated verbiage as an expression of the seriousness of the poster in this regard.

Peace,
                          BJ -Bear
                          WELS

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post

And Romans 14.
                            Romans 14:5 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
                            5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.

LCMS Official Doctrinal Statement - Conscience Word 1857 1, 388 - (emphasis mine)
                            The conscience is bound to the Word of God, not to “traditional interpretations” of the Word.

In Christ's service,
                            David Behrens
                            Sola Gloria Dei!

Comment

Sure, but in addition to this being a discussion regarding the gospel in the narrow sense,, it is also regarding the clarity of Scripture on a particular topic, the reliability of Scripture on a particular topic and as whole, and an examination of the extra BIblical historical record.

I take the title of the thread and associated verbiage as an expression of the seriousness of the poster in this regard.

...I take the title of the thread and associated verbiage as an expression of the seriousness of the poster in this regard.
                              I place 100% of my faith "on earth" in Jesus. (Matthew 16:16) I place 100% of my faith "on earth" in the "doctrine of Christ" "on earth", including, but not limited to, (Matthew 26:2) (Mark 8:31)!

I place 0% faith in the "accursed" doctrine of Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine "on earth". (Reference: Pontifex Maximus Caesar Constantine's (epistle - decree - order) to the Church's (West/East) bishops after the Council of Nicaea A.D. 325.

Matthew 26:2 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
                              2 “You know that after two days is the Passover, and the Son of Man will be delivered up to be crucified.”

Mark 8:31 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson (emphasis mine)
                              31 And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

The Key of David illustrations do not bear false witness against my neighbor. The Key of David illustrates the 100% Holy Spirit "inspired" chronology of the passion, death, burial, and glorious Resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, "on earth" "according to the Scriptures". (i.e. (Matthew 26:2) (Mark 8:31) (1 Corinthians 15:1-4))

LCMS Official Doctrinal Statement - Customs morality 1869 2c, 57
                              Neither long use nor Church Fathers sanction a custom, but Holy Scripture alone is the standard.

In Christ's service,
                              David Behrens
                              Sola Gloria Dei!

Comment

Working...
                              X