LCMS Confusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faith1960 View Post

Thanks. What do you all think about what the article says?
    The article confirms the numerous statements and past experience with the public educational system and the religion of scientific religious assertions of a preferred non-Christian view of our origins. I think that's a chief takeaway for me. Blind faith comes to mind.

Nic
    1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
    1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

Thanks. What do you all think about what the article says?
      Anybody?

Comment

Anybody?
        ????

Comment

Hi Faith, I'll add one final thought and potentially go out on a limb and say that sometimes it doesn't boil down to being informed or ignorance, but rather defiance in objection to an existing passionately held idea; cognitive dissonance.

p.s.
          What were your thoughts?

​​​​​​​Nic
          1Co 1:30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
          1Co 1:31 so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

Comment

Originally posted by Nic View Post
            Hi Faith, I'll add one final thought and potentially go out on a limb and say that sometimes it doesn't boil down to being informed or ignorance, but rather defiance in objection to an existing passionately held idea; cognitive dissonance.

p.s.
            What were your thoughts?

Nic
            I was afraid it was ignorance but you’ve made a good point. The fact that 97% or so scientists believes evolution really bothers me. Makes me think they must be right. I mean they canít all be wrong, can they?

Comment

I was afraid it was ignorance but youíve made a good point. The fact that 97% or so scientists believes evolution really bothers me. Makes me think they must be right. I mean they canít all be wrong, can they?
              I think it has more to do with herd mentality and politics/religion.

Nic

Comment

I think it has more to do with herd mentality and politics/religion.

Nic
                What do you mean by it being politics/religion? How so?

Comment

Nic?

Comment

If a non-Christian is committed to a view, even as an atheist, his faith he embraces is secular atheism. The same can be said for political belief.

Nic

Comment

If a non-Christian is committed to a view, even as an atheist, his faith he embraces is secular atheism. The same can be said for political belief.

Nic
                      I still donít understand. 97% of scientists canít all be wrong about atheism, old earth or origins, can they?

Comment

I still don’t understand. 97% of scientists can’t all be wrong about atheism, old earth or origins, can they?
                        Popularity doesn't make something right or true.
                        Eg. With the resurgence of the Arian controversy over 96% of the Western bishops embraced the error.
                        Lot's folks once believed in a flat earth.
                        Another popular error held to geocentrism.
                        Many people once believed when you sneezed demons were fleeing your body.
                        Blood letting was once a trusted practice for healing.

Nic
                        ​​​

Comment

Eg. With the resurgence of the Arian controversy over 96% of the Western bishops embraced the error.

Nic
                          ​​​
                          96%?
                          Last edited by Faith1960; 10-06-19, 10:29 PM.

Comment

96%?
                            That's from recall going back several years ago. It may of been 95 or 97 plus %. If you wish think about it conservatively how about 90 plus percent.

Comment

That's from recall going back several years ago. It may of been 95 or 97 plus %. If you wish think about it conservatively how about 90 plus percent.

Ok.

Comment

Nic
                                ​​​
                                You’ve given me a lot to think about. But it bothers me that my two family members disagree with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X