Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The WORST sermon I EVER heard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The WORST sermon I EVER heard

    was by a united methodist pastor who thought Matthew was less 'reliable' than Luke because after all luke was a DOCTOR and matthew was a tax collector. He seemed to FORGET that GOD inspired them BOTH to write what they wrote. READ 2 Timothy 3:16ff if you doubt the value of EITHER of those gospels.
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

    I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

  • #2
    Originally posted by Morefish View Post
    was by a united methodist pastor who thought Matthew was less 'reliable' than Luke because after all luke was a DOCTOR and matthew was a tax collector. He seemed to FORGET that GOD inspired them BOTH to write what they wrote. READ 2 Timothy 3:16ff if you doubt the value of EITHER of those gospels.
    The worst comments I have heard from two Methodist ministers is that Jesus is not the only way to the Father. He is just one way.

    They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

    Comment


    • #3
      I never heard any methodist minister say that Jesus is not the only way to the Father. Perhaps I have been away from it too long (I attended a methodist church as an UNSAVED kid, left it for lack of interest. Became a CHRISTIAN years later.)
      God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

      I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Morefish View Post
        I never heard any methodist minister say that Jesus is not the only way to the Father. Perhaps I have been away from it too long (I attended a methodist church as an UNSAVED kid, left it for lack of interest. Became a CHRISTIAN years later.)
        Well my Methodist ministers did and it has had an influence on the congregation. "I just can't believe Jesus is the only way"; I have a read problem with Jesus being the only way", etc.
        They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by George View Post

          Well my Methodist ministers did and it has had an influence on the congregation. "I just can't believe Jesus is the only way"; I have a read problem with Jesus being the only way", etc.
          Then it seems you have a problem with JESUS CHRIST Who told us:

          John 14:6
          6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
          NKJV


          What part of THAT do you disagree with? And why should ANYONE believe you instead of Him?
          God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

          I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Morefish View Post
            was by a united methodist pastor who thought Matthew was less 'reliable' than Luke because after all luke was a DOCTOR and matthew was a tax collector. He seemed to FORGET that GOD inspired them BOTH to write what they wrote. READ 2 Timothy 3:16ff if you doubt the value of EITHER of those gospels.
            Matthew was a chosen Apostle, Luke was NOT ! Why should any person believe everything Luke wrote? Luke never met YESHUA or saw His face! ( Matt 10: 2-4 )

            Luke was not chosen by God to write the gospel ! He took it upon himself to write his gospel!

            luke 23: 39-40 says ONE THIEF CURSED YESHUA and the other thief was offered paradise that day !

            The Apostle Matthew said BOTH THIEVES CURSED YESHUA and NO mention of YESHUA talking to those thieving scums! Matt 27: 44

            And YESHUA DID NOT GO TO paradise that day! Think about that and the garbage Luke wrote!

            Dan

            Fear God and keep his commandments,
            for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DANNO View Post

              Matthew was a chosen Apostle, Luke was NOT ! Why should any person believe everything Luke wrote? Luke never met YESHUA or saw His face! ( Matt 10: 2-4 )

              Luke was not chosen by God to write the gospel ! He took it upon himself to write his gospel!

              luke 23: 39-40 says ONE THIEF CURSED YESHUA and the other thief was offered paradise that day !

              The Apostle Matthew said BOTH THIEVES CURSED YESHUA and NO mention of YESHUA talking to those thieving scums! Matt 27: 44

              And YESHUA DID NOT GO TO paradise that day! Think about that and the garbage Luke wrote!

              Dan
              So you don't think Luke was INSPIRED BY GOD to write the gospel of Luke and part of Acts? You just decide to 'pick and choose' which parts of the Bible suit YOUR fancy?

              Sorry, but my Bible says ALL Scripture (INCLUDING LUKE's writings, of course)is inspired by God (In the Greek, literally God breathed). I'll believe God. You may pick and choose your smorgasbord if you wish.


              God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

              I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

              Comment


              • #8

                Mr MoreFISH

                Do you like the Catholic Fish ?
                Part 2 will be coming soon on thread below .

                click here > https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...sh-still-exist
                Fear God and keep his commandments,
                for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DANNO View Post
                  Mr MoreFISH

                  Do you like the Catholic Fish ?
                  Part 2 will be coming soon on thread below .

                  click here > https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...sh-still-exist
                  You still picking and choosing what small parts of the Bible you like and rejecting Luke? How much ELSE do you reject? WHAT smorgasbord religion do you belong to?

                  I am a CHRISTIAN baptist. Why would I like catholic fish? True, yesterday WAS Friday. . .
                  God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

                  I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DANNO View Post
                    Mr MoreFISH

                    Do you like the Catholic Fish ?
                    Part 2 will be coming soon on thread below .

                    As a CHRISTIAN I prefer being a 'fisher of men' and 'catching' more fish.

                    Sadly we don't find many 'fish' on this forum.




                    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

                    I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Morefish View Post
                      was by a united methodist pastor who thought Matthew was less 'reliable' than Luke because after all luke was a DOCTOR and matthew was a tax collector. He seemed to FORGET that GOD inspired them BOTH to write what they wrote. READ 2 Timothy 3:16ff if you doubt the value of EITHER of those gospels.
                      I once heard a great pro-life, anti-abortion, sermon by a UMC minister. I really respected that.
                      "Whenever I'm asked why Southern writers ...[write] about freaks, I say it is because we are still able to recognize one." O'Connor

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rudder View Post

                        I once heard a great pro-life, anti-abortion, sermon by a UMC minister. I really respected that.
                        So? Charles manson also gave a dollar to charity once. Same thing. . .so what???? I am not impressed by either.
                        God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

                        I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Morefish View Post

                          So? Charles manson also gave a dollar to charity once. Same thing. . .so what???? I am not impressed by either.
                          Watch the broad brush. As with most denominations, there are good UMC ministers and those who are not so good. Don't denigrate the good by lumping them in with the bad.
                          "Whenever I'm asked why Southern writers ...[write] about freaks, I say it is because we are still able to recognize one." O'Connor

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rudder View Post

                            Watch the broad brush. As with most denominations, there are good UMC ministers and those who are not so good. Don't denigrate the good by lumping them in with the bad.
                            They have already LUMPED THEMSELVES IN WITH THE BAD. They are IN THE SAME RELIGIOUS DENOMINATION, PART OF THE SAME GROUP.

                            Did they NOT CHOOSE to be part of the same lump?


                            God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

                            I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rudder View Post

                              Watch the broad brush. As with most denominations, there are good UMC ministers and those who are not so good. Don't denigrate the good by lumping them in with the bad.
                              When may I meet my first 'good' UMC minister? You know, one that at least knows there is more than 1 book bearing the name "JOHN" in it in the Bible.
                              God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

                              I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X