Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why should methodists ever endorse gay behavior?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should methodists ever endorse gay behavior?

OR women pastorettes? OR other NON-BIBLICAL JUNK?
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

nobody should

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrainerd View Post
      nobody should
      I agree. More importantly, the BIBLE agrees.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
        I Agee, Sign's Of The End Times!

Comment

So you don't identify as a Methodist. Great.

We've already covered female clergy and you haven't listened. Would you like to cover homosexuality now?
          Wesleyan-Holiness, Church of the Nazarene

It is time the Church Jesus Christ overcame the disjunctions created by the 16th-century Reformation... ++William Greathouse

Comment

morefish,

There were plenty of women preachers even an apostle in the earliest days. Biblical too.

"The roles of women in positions of leadership in the early
            church deserves special attention. It is clear that by the
            end of the second century the official leadership of the church
            was entirely masculine. But the matter is not quite as clear
            in earlier times. Particularly in the New Testament, there are
            indications that women also had postions of leadership. Phillip
            had four daughters who 'prophesied' - that is, who preached.
            Phoebe was a female deacon in Cenchreae, and Junia was counted
            among the apostles. What actually seems to have taken place is
            that during the second century, in its efforts to combat heresy,
            the church centralized its authority, and a by-product of that
            process was that women were excluded from positions of leadership.
            But still in the early years of the second century, Governor
            Pliny informed Trajan that he had ordered that two Christian
            female ministers- ministrae - be tortured."
            The Story of Christianity, Justol Gonzaliz, page 114.

"It has caught modern attention that Andronicus and Junia
            (preferable to Junias) are "outstanding among the apostles" (Rom 16:7)
            Junia/Junias is most likely a womans name, and she may have been the
            wife of Andronicus. This identity would mean that Paul could apply
            the term "apostle" to a woman."
            Fr. Raymond Brown, An Introduction to the NT, page 574, Imprimatur.

JohnR

Comment

Originally posted by martureo View Post

We've already covered female clergy and you haven't listened. Would you like to cover homosexuality now?

I taught a methodist adult Sunday school as a non-methodist. . .saw six families with lives that changed, turned to Jesus Christ.

And so far you have failed to demonstrate that Junia was ever a member of any 'female clergy' or anything other than looked upon favorably (well liked) by the apostles at all. No female clergy from you anywhere, so far.

Rom 1:26-27
              26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
              NKJV

Homosexual behavior = VILE passions = SIN.

Comment

I taught a methodist adult Sunday school as a non-methodist. . .saw six families with lives that changed, turned to Jesus Christ.

And so far you have failed to demonstrate that Junia was ever a member of any 'female clergy' or anything other than looked upon favorably (well liked) by the apostles at all. No female clergy from you anywhere, so far.
                I doubt any evidence, even Junia showing up in person with the 12 Apostles confirming her status would convince you.

Really, the standard is a double standard. You've never had a moment to prove whether male clergy or male pastors existed.
                26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
                NKJV

Homosexuality is the sexual orientation and desire for the same sex.
                This is different than homosexual sex.

It is time the Church Jesus Christ overcame the disjunctions created by the 16th-century Reformation... ++William Greathouse

Comment

NKJV

morefish,

Thanks for your work in the Methodist church. Paul said Junia was an apostle. Of course there was no clergy at all in the NT. But there were indeed females that preached.

JohnR

Comment

marturo,

Personally I leave sexuality up to the individual. Homosexuals are welcome in my church and hope they are also welcome in your church.
                    I did listen to you. I just disagree. I am happy with the female ordained pastors in my church. Paul said a femaie could prophesy (preach)
                    so that is good enough for me.

JohnR

Comment

Originally posted by highrigger View Post

morefish,

Thanks for your work in the Methodist church. Paul said Junia was an apostle. Of course there was no clergy at all in the NT. But there were indeed females that preached.

JohnR
                      Didn't your mommy tell you not to tell lies? Junia was LIKED or NOTED by the apostles. . .that did NOT MAKE HER ONE.

I LIKE my car. . .my car is notable to me. . .that does NOT MAKE ME INTO A CAR.

NAME ONE female who preached. Betcha can't.

Comment

Didn't your mommy tell you not to tell lies? Junia was LIKED or NOTED by the apostles. . .that did NOT MAKE HER ONE.

I LIKE my car. . .my car is notable to me. . .that does NOT MAKE ME INTO A CAR.

NAME ONE female who preached. Betcha can't.
                        Betcha can't name a single male who preached outside of Peter.

Let's compare apples to apples.

Comment

Betcha can't name a single male who preached outside of Peter.

Let's compare apples to apples.
                          Okay. . .I can SEE apples.

I cannot SEE junia or any other woman in the bible being a pastorette.

But of course I CAN SEE pastorettes in the methodist, despite Paul's statement that women should not have authority over men

BTW, Pastor means 'shepherd' and the shepherd DOES have authority over the flock.

Apples, my friend, apples. Nuttin but apples.

Junia is STILL never referred to as a 'pastor' OR an 'apostle.'

You are STILL left with. . .NOTHING

Comment

Originally posted by highrigger View Post

marturo,

Personally I leave sexuality up to the individual. Homosexuals are welcome in my church and hope they are also welcome in your church.

JohnR
                            of course Homosexuals are welcome in my church. so are thieves, liars, adulterers. in fact; all sinners are welcome in my Church

Does the Bible teach that homosexual behavior is a sin?

or doesn't that matter to you or your church?
                            One of the ekklēsia

Comment

I believe that where there is no adult male available, a woman can preach/lead.

Comment

Working...
                              X