Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

All is not well in the UMC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All is not well in the UMC

Most have heard about the recent meetings concerning the book of disipline, right?

Well, now it seems that nobody is happy.

UMC Activists unsatisfied with Bishops' recommended plan to avert schism

Is a major split about to happen? (Read: Division of the Church)
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will suffice. Unknowm Author

"That's Nice" Agnes Brown

ďItís the Holy Spiritís job to convict, Godís job to judge, and itís my job to love.Ē

Originally posted by dale1257 View Post
    Most have heard about the recent meetings concerning the book of disipline, right?

This is being played to the max.
    This should come down to the answer to one or two simple questions:

1. What does the Bible say about homosexuality? (Old and New Testaments)
    2. What did Jesus say about this issue?

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will suffice. Unknowm Author

ďItís the Holy Spiritís job to convict, Godís job to judge, and itís my job to love.Ē

Comment

This is being played to the max.
      This should come down to the answer to one or two simple questions:

1. What does the Bible say about homosexuality? (Old and New Testaments)
      2. What did Jesus say about this issue?
      Time for the sheep to be separated from the goats. Those willing to reaffirm the primacy of God's Word over liberal social mores will be blessed and the church strengthened.

Comment

For what it is worth, I personally believe (as in my opinion here, nothing else) that there is about to be a major rift, and a split within the church. Some apparently are already preparing for fhis, such as this UMC Minnesota Conference that has removed "Father" from the Apostles Creed and replaced it with "Creator" at least for a service.

I have only recently joined and already it seems as if the church is in trouble.

Comment

Dale, a split is almost necessary so that we can get back to the work of preaching and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I would much prefer the UMC stand firm for Scripture but it appears as though Satan has infiltrated to a point beyond repair. Trying to keep one foot on the sand and the other in the water cannot be an option as neither side will accept it and the tactic is doomed to fail.

All the Bishops are doing now is delaying the inevitable. I am sure that money is at the root of many of the decision maker's motives...

The good news is it appears we are another step closer to His return, Come Lord Jesus, Come!
          Last edited by hoohaa; 07-26-18, 08:27 PM.
          "...forgetting what lies behind and reaching foward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." - The Apostle Paul

Comment

Working...
          X