Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

questions related to healing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions related to healing

I am trying to work out a biblical doctrine of divine healing. May I ask some questions?

how does one know if everything is right on his side, that is the person laying hands on the sick? That they have enough faith and lack of sin.

how does one know when it is God's timing to heal?

what should be a christians reactions be towards illness, sickness, suffering and death?

how to minister to those not healed?

why did Matthew 8:17 quote Isaiah 53?

What did Jesus mean by calling people gods in John 10:34 ?

how can one have enough faith for salvation and not enough faith for healing?
    one would think faith for physical needs would require less faith than that for salvation.
    Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD [Jehovah] your God [Elohim] is one LORD [Jehovah].

Originally posted by Daniel Marsh View Post
    I am trying to work out a biblical doctrine of divine healing. ........
    Lots of so-called Christians try and figure it out for themselves,
    as they lack any meaningful contact with God.

1 Corinthians 12:31
    But earnestly desire the best gifts.

Do you currently desire that gift of healing
    or will you desire only after you
    have understood that it is a gift,
    which comes with the necessary instructions?

Comment

yes, and try answering my questions thanks, friend
      Deuteronomy 6:4. Hear, O Israel: The LORD [Jehovah] your God [Elohim] is one LORD [Jehovah].

Comment

Lots of so-called Christians try and figure it out for themselves,
        as they lack any meaningful contact with God.

1 Corinthians 12:31
        But earnestly desire the best gifts.

Do you currently desire that gift of healing
        or will you desire only after you
        have understood that it is a gift,
        which comes with the necessary instructions?

yes, and try answering my questions thanks, friend
        Why should it be explained to those who don't desire?
        It is simply none of their business.

Comment

I am trying to work out a biblical doctrine of divine healing. May I ask some questions?

how does one know if everything is right on his side, that is the person laying hands on the sick? That they have enough faith and lack of sin.
          Self examination and prayer. For instance, examine one's self for anything that would hinder one's healing, for instance, unforgiveness (which can hinder everything from God).

Read scriptures that cover divine healing. Everything we desire from God has to be in line with scripture. This will build up the person's faith: If God says it, he will do it.

If one has faith that it is God's will to heal and one's self-examination does not turn up anything, then one is healed. Now, the manifestation of the healing may take time, but never doubt that God has healed you. Remember, a healing is progressive improvement, whereas a miracle is instantaneous.

John 14:13-14 (praying to Jesus)
          And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

what should be a christians reactions be towards illness, sickness, suffering and death?
          All these, with the possible exception of death, come from Satan. In the New Covenant, God does not inflict illness, sickness, or suffering on his children any more than a loving parent would do it to their child. Death could just be natural since we are all destined to die physically.

James 5:14-15
          Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

(The responsibility for receiving healing is more the recipient's than the administrator's. See Matt 9:20-22, 29; Mk 10:46-52; Acts 3:12b, 3:16, 14:9.)

Or just taking God at his word. 1 Peter 2:24-25--He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

Isaiah 53 prophesied that the Messiah would bring healing.
          Matt 8:16-17
          16 When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick. 17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases." [Isaiah 53:4]

Possibly revealed in Matt 17:20
          19 Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?"

20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

This is how God does things.

how can one have enough faith for salvation and not enough faith for healing?
          Different kind or level of faith. Getting salvation is easy, but developing one's faith for healing requires knowing that it's God's will to heal, which is developed through meditating on God's promises for healing. We have to renew our minds from the world's way to God's way of things.
          Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

All these, with the possible exception of death, come from Satan. In the New Covenant, God does not inflict illness, sickness, or suffering on his children any more than a loving parent would do it to their child.
            You are correct,
            but faith in the papacy's discernment
            to included Luke in the canon,
            makes Christendom's gospel untenable.

In Luke's non-apostolic fables
            both Zacharias and Paul were struck with blindness.
            Imagine the suffering inflicted by a loving God.

(1 Cor 4:6)
            .......... that you may learn in us
            not to think BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN.

But recall only those foundational prophets and apostles
            to maintain a pure mind (Eph 2:20, 2 Pet 3:1-2).

Last edited by Conqueror; 05-18-18, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Dan: "how does one know if everything is right on his side, that is the person laying hands on the sick? That they have enough faith and lack of sin."
              First, the NT does not teach that laying on hands is a necessary condition for divine healing. It can help, but I have encountered many healing miracles for which there was no laying on of hands. Similarly, Jesus sometimes anointed the sick with oil or spittle or a mixture of clay and spittle. Like the laying on of hands, such rituals can function as valves to release faith, but they are not essential.

Dan: "how does one know when it is God's timing to heal?"
              When one has the necessary faith! Go to the Charismatic section of this site and read my testimonies in my 2 ever expanding experiential threads of when and how this works.

Dan: "what should be a christians reactions be towards illness, sickness, suffering and death?"
              It is harmful to faith to blame it all on Satan, as if God is not sovereign and has no control at all. Beyond that, consider Paul's "thorn in the flesh." Scholars speculate that this thorn is a combination of chronic malaria symptoms and vision problems. On his vision problems see Galatians 4"15 and 6:11). Paul was often homeless and traveled through swamp areas in Galatia and Asia Minor in which material mosquitoes were most abundant. For a possible reference to his malaria problems see Galatians 4:13=14).

Dan: "how to minister to those not healed?"
              Whatever you do, don't pontificate from ignorance. It iis truly evil to compound the suffering of the sick by laying a guilt trip on them for their lack of faith. Nor should you assure them that their prayers were denied because their healing was not God's will. Devout Christians have lost their faith because other Christians implied that it was God's will to give their child a short life of incredible suffering with a severe physical handicap! The beginning of spiritual wisdom is to know what you don't know and admit it. On the other hand, you can point out 2 verses that address this issue without removing the mystery:
              (1) Consider what God tells Paul after 3 ineffective prayer sessions for healing:
              "My grace is sufficient for you; for power is made perfect in weaknes (2 Corinthians 12;8)." Paul realizes that his apostolic effectiveness is enhanced by th ways his "thorn" forces him to rely more totally on God's grace.
              (2)
              "All are victims of time and chance (Ecclesiastes 9:11)." In other words, God does not micro-manage how the laws of nature affect us. God can have great plans for my life, but I can cross the street without looking and be killed by a car.

Dan: "how can one have enough faith for salvation and not enough faith for healing?
              Only God can determine what is enough faith for salvation and God helps us by imparting faith to seekers that coexists with their lingering doubt.
              There is a gift of healing bestowed at God's discretion. We must strive to exercise spiritual gifts, but our striving, though a necessary condition, is not a sufficient condition. God is sovereign and may import the gift of healing to different believers at different times.

Comment

The faith of the minister is irrelevant; Jesus said of those asking for healing, "Your faith has healed you." So, even Jesus' faith did not play a role, with the exception that he was willing to minister to them. Too many Christians who want healing are relying on the faith of the minister to get their healing when scripture clearly states that it is the faith of the recipient that is required. So, no faith, no healing.

Matt 9:22
                Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you."

Matt 9:29-30
                Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you"; and their sight was restored.

Mark 10:51-52
                "What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him.
                The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see."
                "Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you."

Luke 7:50
                Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Luke 17:19
                Then he said to him, "Rise and go; your faith has made you well."

Luke 18:42
                Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you."
                Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

The faith of the minister is irrelevant; Jesus said of those asking for healing, "Your faith has healed you." So, even Jesus' faith did not play a role, with the exception that he was willing to minister to them. Too many Christians who want healing are relying on the faith of the minister to get their healing when scripture clearly states that it is the faith of the recipient that is required. So, no faith, no healing.

Matt 9:22
                  Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you."

Matt 9:29-30
                  Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you"; and their sight was restored.
                  Their faith in Jesus as Lord healed them.

when he came into the house,
                  the blind men approached him,
                  and Jesus said to them,
                  “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”
                  They said to him, “Yes, Lord.”
                  (Mt 9:28).

Mark 10:51-52
                  "What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him.
                  The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see."
                  "Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you."

Luke 17:19
                  Then he said to him, "Rise and go; your faith has made you well."

Faith in a Rabbi cannot heal (Mark 10:51-52),
                  nor faith in a master (Luke 17:19).

Luke and Mark's accounts weren't apostolic
                  and in those days no healing from God was expected.
                  Dear AlFin, you are switched on enough to see the difference
                  after it is pointed out to you.

Comment

Ask away - there'll be 1,000,000 "opinions" guaranteed!!!

One doesn't, If the contact results in healing, then apparently they were.

Through the witness of the Holy Spirit, of course. Like the woman with the "issue of blood". She KNEW it was time, and she KNEW exactly what she had to do.

In the typical "healing Service" the minister HOPES that something will happen, but doesn't really know, the people who are hurting go forward because they're told to, but don't know if anything will happen, and when they're prayed for, they aren't surprised when nothing happens.

Support, like you'd give a family member.

If you're WoF oriented, then put the blame on THEM for whatever reason gets you off the hook.

Why not - Isaiah 53 doesn't "Spiritualize" healing, but uses the "PHYSICAL" terms - Sickness, and Pain.

"gods' small "g" is the answer. Jesus was being accused of blasphemy for saying He was God's son. The term "gods" can mean "judges" or "rulers".

how can one have enough faith for salvation and not enough faith for healing? one would think faith for physical needs would require less faith than that for salvation.
                    Because FAITH is ALWAYS gifted enabled by GOD through the HEARING of His Word TO YOU. ROm 10:17

HE told you PERSONALLY that you were a SINNER, facing judgement, and hell bound for your SIN, and as a result of that, you repented, and surrendered to HIM and cried out for salvation.

BUt HE DIDN'T NECESSARILY TELL YOU THAT HE'D Heal your cancer, or your heart issues, etc. The Bible tells the TRUTH when it says that God Heals (because He does). And when God tells YOU by the Holy Spirit that He's going to heal YOU, then Healing is YOURS even if the pain is still there. You have the SUBSTANCE, and the EVIDENCE (His Word to YOU) of it .

Comment

Originally posted by Berserk View Post
                      Dan: "how does one know if everything is right on his side, that is the person laying hands on the sick? That they have enough faith and lack of sin."
                      First, the NT does not teach that laying on hands is a necessary condition for divine healing. It can help, but I have encountered many healing miracles for which there was no laying on of hands. Similarly, Jesus sometimes anointed the sick with oil or spittle or a mixture of clay and spittle. Like the laying on of hands, such rituals can function as valves to release faith, but they are not essential.

Dan: "how does one know when it is God's timing to heal?"
                      When one has the necessary faith! Go to the Charismatic section of this site and read my testimonies in my 2 ever expanding experiential threads of when and how this works.

Dan: "what should be a christians reactions be towards illness, sickness, suffering and death?"
                      It is harmful to faith to blame it all on Satan, as if God is not sovereign and has no control at all. Beyond that, consider Paul's "thorn in the flesh." Scholars speculate that this thorn is a combination of chronic malaria symptoms and vision problems. On his vision problems see Galatians 4"15 and 6:11). Paul was often homeless and traveled through swamp areas in Galatia and Asia Minor in which material mosquitoes were most abundant. For a possible reference to his malaria problems see Galatians 4:13=14).

Dan: "how to minister to those not healed?"
                      Whatever you do, don't pontificate from ignorance. It iis truly evil to compound the suffering of the sick by laying a guilt trip on them for their lack of faith. Nor should you assure them that their prayers were denied because their healing was not God's will. Devout Christians have lost their faith because other Christians implied that it was God's will to give their child a short life of incredible suffering with a severe physical handicap! The beginning of spiritual wisdom is to know what you don't know and admit it. On the other hand, you can point out 2 verses that address this issue without removing the mystery:
                      (1) Consider what God tells Paul after 3 ineffective prayer sessions for healing:
                      "My grace is sufficient for you; for power is made perfect in weaknes (2 Corinthians 12;8)." Paul realizes that his apostolic effectiveness is enhanced by th ways his "thorn" forces him to rely more totally on God's grace.
                      (2)
                      "All are victims of time and chance (Ecclesiastes 9:11)." In other words, God does not micro-manage how the laws of nature affect us. God can have great plans for my life, but I can cross the street without looking and be killed by a car.

Dan: "how can one have enough faith for salvation and not enough faith for healing?
                      Only God can determine what is enough faith for salvation and God helps us by imparting faith to seekers that coexists with their lingering doubt.
                      There is a gift of healing bestowed at God's discretion. We must strive to exercise spiritual gifts, but our striving, though a necessary condition, is not a sufficient condition. God is sovereign and may import the gift of healing to different believers at different times.
                      Very well put!

Comment

Originally posted by Berserk View Post
                        "All are victims of time and chance (Ecclesiastes 9:11)."
                        Originally posted by forever4truth View Post

Very well put!
                        For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,
                        says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil,
                        to give you a future and a hope
                        Jeremiah 29:11

Ecclesiastes, who wasn't a foundational prophet (Eph 2:20)
                        Berserk and forever4truth are al proved to be wrong by the prophet Jeremiah.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

If you're WoF oriented, then put the blame on THEM for whatever reason gets you off the hook.
                          I'm a WoF Christian and am a member of a WoF church. None of us would treat somebody in such a despicable manner.

Comment

I'm a WoF Christian and am a member of a WoF church.
                            The name and claim prosperity gospel !!!!

Comment

I'm a WoF Christian and am a member of a WoF church. None of us would treat somebody in such a despicable manner.
                              Good for you. I've had friends DEVASTATED by WoF operations in Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                              X