Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

That non-tongues 'pentecostals' and non-tongues 'not-pentecostals' are all either stupid, or are wrongly taught?

What makes you think you are so 'superior' in your 'learning' or your 'understanding?'

Don't you even RECOGNIZE the self-centered 'gimme more, gimme more, gimme gimmee gimme' attitude the pentecostal teachings teach?

Some of the best Bible Scholars in the world disagree with the 'gimmee gimmee, gimmee attitudes and teachings promoted by 'pentecostals'

Some of the best Bible scholars in the world consider modern-day 'tongues' to be COMPLETELY BOGUS too.

So

Do you REALLY FEEL "SUPERIOR?"
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
    do you REALLY FEEL "SUPERIOR?"
    Nope, do YOU??

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Nope, do YOU??
      Nope. . .but then I have not had that supposedly 'superiorizin experience' either.

Now do you wanna deal with the REST of the OP?

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

I'll pass -

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

I'll pass -
          It figures. . .

Comment

That non-tongues 'pentecostals' and non-tongues 'not-pentecostals' are all either stupid, or are wrongly taught?

What makes you think you are so 'superior' in your 'learning' or your 'understanding?'

Don't you even RECOGNIZE the self-centered 'gimme more, gimme more, gimme gimmee gimme' attitude the pentecostal teachings teach?

Some of the best Bible Scholars in the world disagree with the 'gimmee gimmee, gimmee attitudes and teachings promoted by 'pentecostals'

Some of the best Bible scholars in the world consider modern-day 'tongues' to be COMPLETELY BOGUS too.

So

Do you REALLY FEEL "SUPERIOR?"
            Yup.

Superior.

Super-man.
            BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY
            Where Bible and Christian Meet

Comment

What part of "more of Jesus, less me"..do you find objectionable?
              Last edited by onelamb; 06-16-18, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by onelamb View Post

What part of "more of Jesus, less me"..do you find objectionable?
                Perhaps the hypocritical way the modern-day 'pentecostals' would claim it. . .All I hear from them***edit** is 'gimmee, gimmee, gimmee more spiritual gifts. **edit** NOT making Jesus the center. . .NOT saying 'give to JESUS, give to JESUS, give to JESUS.' NOT AT ALL.***edit*** LESS of Jesus is what I see with modern-day 'pentecostals.'
                Last edited by Mod9; 06-16-18, 04:47 PM. Reason: Edited for personal references ..warning issued

Comment

Perhaps the hypocritical way the modern-day 'pentecostals' would claim it. . .All I hear from them***edit** is 'gimmee, gimmee, gimmee more spiritual gifts. **edit** NOT making Jesus the center. . .NOT saying 'give to JESUS, give to JESUS, give to JESUS.' NOT AT ALL.***edit*** LESS of Jesus is what I see with modern-day 'pentecostals.'
                  "more spiritual gifts"???? Yep we're told to earnestly desire those....1 Corinthians 14:1....and nowhere are we told to claim that when Spirit filled believers do so...they are doing something wrong.....

Comment

Mprefish: "Don't you even RECOGNIZE the self-centered 'gimme more, gimme more, gimme gimmee gimme' attitude the pentecostal teachings teach?"

No, what I do recognize is your haughty anti-Pentecostal pontifications based on ignorance. On the other hand, in most Pentecostals what I see is a profound sense of their status as sinners, desperately in need of God's grace and all the gifts and fruit of the Spirit that might help them overcome their severe limitations and live a grace-based life.

Morefish: "Some of the best Bible scholars in the world consider modern-day 'tongues' to be COMPLETELY BOGUS too."

First, list some examples, identifying the prestigious universities where they received their PhDs and the topflight academic institutions where they teach.
                    Second, explain why the views of "some" compensate for the ways in which your anti-Pentecostal arguments have been decisively refuted in this section of the site.,

Morefish: "What makes you think you are so 'superior' in your 'learning' or your 'understanding?"

First, I'm far better educated in these matters than you (Princeton MDiv; Harvard doctorate).
                    Second, unlike you, I don't need to impute unworthy motives to my debate opponents. Rather I let biblical scholarship speak for itself.
                    Third, I have repeatedly and decisively refuted your anti-Pentecostal arguments in various threads. If you don't think so, then make your case to the contrary. Otherwise, desist from your verbal flatulence and season you penchant for bluster with a modicum of intellectual rigor!

Comment

"more spiritual gifts"???? Yep we're told to earnestly desire those....1 Corinthians 14:1....and nowhere are we told to claim that when Spirit filled believers do so...they are doing something wrong.....
                      So you REALLY BELIEVE that your 'gimmee, gimmeee, gimmeee MORE self-centered attitude is what Paul was about? Naaah. It wasn't. Your religion is self-centered, superstitious and arrogant.

Comment

So you REALLY BELIEVE that your 'gimmee, gimmeee, gimmeee MORE self-centered attitude is what Paul was about? Naaah. It wasn't. Your religion is self-centered, superstitious and arrogant.
                        matter of opinion....yours....you would be much better off, disproving my "religion" which happens to be Christianity...point by point rather than mere name calling.

Comment

matter of opinion....yours....you would be much better off, disproving my "religion" which happens to be Christianity...point by point rather than mere name calling.
                          That's what the mormons say about THEIR religion too. Pentecostalism sounds like 'gimmee, gimmee, gimmeeeee' all tha ttime. . .. .The mormons seem to do better than that.

And we CHRISTIANS do better than that. . .we SERVE the Lord and our neighbor. . .that is one way we show our LOVE for God an our LOVE for the brethren. NOT by 'gimmee, gimmee, gimmeeee' junk all the time.

Comment

That's what the mormons say about THEIR religion too. Pentecostalism sounds like 'gimmee, gimmee, gimmeeeee' all tha ttime. . .. .The mormons seem to do better than that.

And we CHRISTIANS do better than that. . .we SERVE the Lord and our neighbor. . .that is one way we show our LOVE for God an our LOVE for the brethren. NOT by 'gimmee, gimmee, gimmeeee' junk all the time.

Oh, and how are your posts serving the Lord, and your neighbor? You are obviously implying that I am part of a cult...(like Mormonism)....so I would think you would be able to prove such an outlandish accusation.

Comment

Matt 21:22
                              "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

John 16:23-24
                              "tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."

John 3:21-22
                              Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

Both Jesus and the apostles tell us to ask and we will receive, as long as our motives are correct.

James 4:2-3
                              You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

And we are not the judge, since only God sees the heart.

Rom 14:4
                              Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Rom 14:9-10
                              For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

If we think someone is acting wrong towards God, we are told to pray for them, not judge them.
                              Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Working...
                              X