Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Pentecostal gibberish is still gibberish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentecostal gibberish is still gibberish

They may CALL it 'tongues' but of course it is NOT language at all. There is NO 'private prayer language' ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE. When they say that is what they are doing, it is still. . .GIBBERISH.
    gibberish

[jib-er-ish, gib-] See synonyms on Thesaurus.com noun
    1. meaningless or unintelligible talk or writing.
    2. talk or writing containing many obscure, pretentious, or technical words.
    It's just gibberish. Gibberish may make them FEEL GOOD, but is FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST about 'self' FEELING GOOD? Naah.

It is about loving GOD and my fellow man, and SERVING BOTH, NOT about 'getting God to make me FEEL GOOD. . .'
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

1 Corinthians 14:14

Comment

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
      They may CALL it 'tongues' but of course it is NOT language at all. There is NO 'private prayer language' ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE. When they say that is what they are doing, it is still. . .GIBBERISH.
      gibberish

It's just gibberish. Gibberish may make them FEEL GOOD, but is FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST about 'self' FEELING GOOD? Naah.

It is about loving GOD and my fellow man, and SERVING BOTH, NOT about 'getting God to make me FEEL GOOD. . .'
      So then, Paul says unknown tongues are not priority. Shema, to love God and then your neighbor has always held MORE priority.

Should try to interpret. If no interpretation, then say them privately.

But still of some value, since we speak mysteries to God.

Just of no value to secular rationalists sir.
      Shema will change the Christian World.

Turn it upside down. To where it once was, the POV of JESUS, his DISCIPLES and his SERVANTS.

Know God YHWH Elohim is One. And love Him with all. Mk 12, red letter words.

Comment

"14 For if I pray in tongues, my spirit is praying, but I donít understand what I am saying.

15 Well then, what shall I do? I WILL pray in the spirit,[a] and I will also pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand
        Footnotes:

a. 14:15 Or in the Spirit; also in 14:15b, 16.

gibberish

[COLOR=#0000CD]It's just gibberish. Gibberish may make them FEEL GOOD, but is FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST about 'self' FEELING GOOD? Naah.

Of course the gift of different kinds of tongues is gibberish to the hearers, since NO ONE UNDERSTANDS.

"For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people wonít be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious (to those present)" (1 Cor 14:2, NLT)

Hence the need for the gift of interpretation of tongues.

Comment

They may CALL it 'tongues' but of course it is NOT language at all. There is NO 'private prayer language' ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE. When they say that is what they are doing, it is still. . .GIBBERISH .'
          Gibberish to you but not to God for only He understands it. (1 Corinth.14:2)
          Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Originally posted by spokenword View Post
            YOU don't understand what you bleat either. The TRUTH is that it is just junk. . .just noise. . .not you 'praying to God' at all.

Under certain circumstances (In that case, 'nobody HEARS' (If you bother to check what the Greek (where you get your 'translation" from) to see what it REALLY MEANS.

In any event, it remains REAL HUMAN LANGUAGES (See Acts 2), not the meaningless gibberish (YOU don't know what you are saying at all) spewing from YOUR flappy lips.

You STILL CANNOT DEMONSTRATE BIBLICALLY that that junk spewing from YOU is REAL tongues at all. . .

Voodoo witch doctors, some schizophrenics and other NON-CHRISTIANS do what you do. . .WHY SHOULD WE BELIEVE that you doing what heathens do is the Holy Spirit OR tongues?
            All you have is JUNK.
            Last edited by Morefish; 08-28-18, 11:17 AM.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by forever4truth View Post

"14 For if I pray in tongues, my spirit is praying, but I donít understand what I am saying.

15 Well then, what shall I do? I WILL pray in the spirit,[a] and I will also pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit, and I will also sing in words I understand
              Footnotes:

a. 14:15 Or in the Spirit; also in 14:15b, 16.

Of course the gift of different kinds of tongues is gibberish to the hearers, since NO ONE UNDERSTANDS.

"For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people wonít be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious (to those present)" (1 Cor 14:2, NLT)

Hence the need for the gift of interpretation of tongues.

IF you were to speak to me in a REAL tongue such as FRENCH, you would need to have it interpreted too, IF YOU WANTED ME TO UNDERSTAND what was said.

Your use of such a 'loose' translation reflects how poorly you are taught by your handlers.

What you bleat 'in so-called tongues' is meaningless gibberish TO YOU TOO. YOU have no idea if there is HONEST MEANING there at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Audock View Post
                1 Corinthians 14:14
                What about it?

Comment

[COLOR=#006400][B]YOU don't understand what you bleat either.
                  Duh!!! Why are you so ignorant of Gods Word? Of course I don,t understand the tongue I speak in for only God knows it. Wake up!!!!!!!.Stop fighting against the Gifts of the Holy Spirit gives us. Don,t like it take it up with God.

Comment

Duh!!! Why are you so ignorant of Gods Word? Of course I don,t understand the tongue I speak in for only God knows it. Wake up!!!!!!!.Stop fighting against the Gifts of the Holy Spirit gives us. Don,t like it take it up with God.

IF the bleatings of the 'pentecostals' WERE real tongues, I would embrace them mightily. BUT BECAUSE HEATHENS do the same things, (the 'oneness' pentecostals even saying THEIRS is 'biblical tongues') there is no reason that YOUR JUNK IS the tongues of the Bible AT ALL. YOU cannot 'connect the dots' between the tongues of the Bible and the bleatings you do. YOU JUST ASSUME "ITS GOTTABEE."

Sorry, but 'it' gottabee' is NOT BIBLICAL TEACHING. It is the teaching of corrupt and sinful MAN. SINCE there is NO BIBLICAL CONNECTION between the bleating YOUR GROUP does, the 'oneness group' does, and the witch doctor groups' do, THERE IS NO BIBLICAL REASON TO BELIEVE YOU OR YOUR HANDLERS that what YOUR GROUP does is from God at all.

You don't like it? Take it up with God. YOUR GROUP isn't in the BIBLE AT ALL.

Comment

spokenword replied
                      08-25-18, 01:14 PM
                      They may CALL it 'tongues' but of course it is NOT language at all. There is NO 'private prayer language' ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE. When they say that is what they are doing, it is still. . .GIBBERISH .'
                      Of course IF YOU BOTHERED TO GO TO THE ORIGINAL-LANGUAGE from which your TRANSLATION is TRANSLATED, you would find that "understand" in that passage means literally "to understand by HEARING."

The badly taught 'pentecostals' must depend upon THEIR HANDLER'S INTERPRETATIONS of ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS (only of their own choosings, of course) to promote their MANMADE theologies. . .(there are MANY OF THOSE)

ONLY on your poor understanding of 1 Cor 14:2, you have your god speaking to your god (himself) in gibberish that YOU cannot understand, but YOU MUST USE YOUR FLAPPY LIPS to produce. . .

Sorry, but MY BIBLE does not teach your religious theory.

Comment

Of course IF YOU BOTHERED TO GO TO THE ORIGINAL-LANGUAGE from which your TRANSLATION is TRANSLATED, you would find that "understand" in that passage means literally "to understand by HEARING."

The badly taught 'pentecostals' must depend upon THEIR HANDLER'S INTERPRETATIONS of ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS (only of their own choosings, of course) to promote their MANMADE theologies. . .(there are MANY OF THOSE)

ONLY on your poor understanding of 1 Cor 14:2, you have your god speaking to your god (himself) in gibberish that YOU cannot understand, but YOU MUST USE YOUR FLAPPY LIPS to produce. . .

Sorry, but MY BIBLE does not teach your religious theory.
                        You want to wrestle with God than knock yourself out. You are not teachable.I,m done fishing with you and tired of the big mouth bass on this site.

Comment

It's satanic!
                          Acts 2: 1-3 says FORKED/ CLOVEN TONGUE OF FIRE! Satanic!

Benny Hinn is full of it! Click on links and see.

Click here > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8kkgccLG1Gg

here > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bhBU_WdSnmc

Also here > https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/th...hrist-or-satan

Comment

IF you were to speak to me in a REAL tongue such as FRENCH, you would need to have it interpreted too, IF YOU WANTED ME TO UNDERSTAND what was said.

Your use of such a 'loose' translation reflects how poorly you are taught by your handlers.

What you bleat 'in so-called tongues' is meaningless gibberish TO YOU TOO. YOU have no idea if there is HONEST MEANING there at all.
                            That "no one UNDERSTANDS" who is present in the assembly, is w/o question the correct meaning, as is made plainly evident by the absolute need of the gift of interpretation of tongues, as well as Paul's use of analogies (non-recognizable sounds played from musical instruments [vv. 7-9] and non-recognizable spoken foreign languages [vv. 10-12]).

Indeed, as has been pointed out to you numerous times in the past, the gift of interpretation of tongues presupposes that no one present understands the tongue spoken.

That Paul limits tongues-speaking publicly in the church to only when an interpreter is present, further underscores this very point.

27 "If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret; 28 but if there is no interpreter, he must keep silent in the church; and let him speak to himself and to God.

In short, there is nothing in 1 Cor 12-14 that remotely suggests Paul believed the gift of different kinds of tongues was understandable to the hearers present in any scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by DANNO View Post

It's satanic!
                              Acts 2: 1-3 says FORKED/ CLOVEN TONGUE OF FIRE! Satanic!

Benny Hinn is full of it! Click on links and see.

Click here > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8kkgccLG1Gg

here > https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bhBU_WdSnmc

Also here > https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/th...hrist-or-satan
                              Just because others abuse or even fake tongues, does not in and of itself delegitimize tongues-speaking today.

Comment

Working...
                              X