Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What makes a pentecostal a pentecostal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a pentecostal a pentecostal?

OTHER THAN TONGUES, what do they think makes them 'different' or 'better' than Baptists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Methodists, or other evangelical CHRISTIAN faiths?
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
    OTHER THAN TONGUES, what do they think makes them 'different' or 'better' than Baptists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Methodists, or other evangelical CHRISTIAN faiths?
    Different is easy. Full Gospel groups don't toss the Charisma out of their belief system, and take great pains to explain theologically with GREAT PRECISION why a continued belief in the Miraculous isn't, and CAN'T BE part of their belief systems.

Better?? if you are dying with a terminal disease, the Cessationist will help you "Suffer well for the glory of God", while the Full Gospel Believer will seek God for your healing. Which is better??

Comment

Being a pentecostal means I can dance in Church, clap my hands in church, run up and down the isles in a church service, speak glossolalia out loud right in the middle of a church service, no matter if it interrupts the pastor or the music leader, who cares about orderly church services any way? I can flop around on the floor in church, because the main evidence of the Holy Spirit is flopping around like fish out of water on the floor in church. When my eyes roll back in my head, then I'm really on fire with the Holy Spirit. And when my tongue of Holy Spirit fire gets to babbling Shandalalalalabipitybopitybooandtigertooscoobydoob ydoogoogooogoooolostmyshoewhatdoido.............. well them you know I'm having a good time in church, and I have the power to do anything I want to after, even raise people from the dead, even if they are nothing more then rotten dust. No kidding. You don't need an entire body to come back from the dead. Their whole body will come back from the dead, and it won't be old any more, it will be young and vibrant around 20 years old or so. Nobody wants to come out of their casket in an old person's body, that would be no fun. And if it is a baby who died, the baby will also be 20 years old or so, because nobody wants to be a baby, babies can't dance in church or speak in tongues. Babies can't even talk.

Comment

BETTER? The simple affirmation of the supernatural ALONG WITH the concept that God's supernatural intervention is possible HERE AND NOW. This is the general "better."

The SPECIFIC "better" is the affirmation of a supernatural REBIRTH, which is the same or conflated view of a true Circumcision of Heart, ma'am.

That which Jesus told Nicodemus he must have. That which NORMAL MEN, even the laymen of the day could not understand or affirm.

To "eat his flesh and drink his blood," the SAME supernatural Mystery expressed in Bible required for all who enter the Kingdom of God.

And by the way, an affirmation of the INTENT of YHWH for all men, even from the beginning, to know YHWH is our One True God, and Jesus Christ is His SHALIACH mediator who stands
        between us and the JUDGEMENTS of God. And to love THIS GOD with all of our heart soul and might.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Deut 30

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

The rebirth of a Christian is what I call the jump and the LEAP to do Shema. He cannot do this SUFFICIENTLY without the supernatural rebirth in Spirit.

And this is the most EVIDENT evidence of the rebirth in Spirit. The all-pervading LOVE of our Only True God through Christ Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Different is easy. Full Gospel groups don't toss the Charisma out of their belief system, and take great pains to explain theologically with GREAT PRECISION why a continued belief in the Miraculous isn't, and CAN'T BE part of their belief systems.

Better?? if you are dying with a terminal disease, the Cessationist will help you "Suffer well for the glory of God", while the Full Gospel Believer will seek God for your healing. Which is better??
          Good point. Once a believer SEES a true miraculous healing, all the historical healings in NT become concrete in his own subjective and experiential knowledge.

When a prophesy is GIVEN in ideal, no man listening says it is a normal event. Usual. Stuff com'en outa mediocre ekklesias.

The MAIN THING a pentecostal discerns is the POSSIBILITY of supernatural events from God...in the HERE and NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallascowboysfan View Post
            Being a pentecostal means I can dance in Church, clap my hands in church, run up and down the isles in a church service, speak glossolalia out loud right in the middle of a church service, no matter if it interrupts the pastor or the music leader, who cares about orderly church services any way? I can flop around on the floor in church, because the main evidence of the Holy Spirit is flopping around like fish out of water on the floor in church. When my eyes roll back in my head, then I'm really on fire with the Holy Spirit. And when my tongue of Holy Spirit fire gets to babbling Shandalalalalabipitybopitybooandtigertooscoobydoob ydoogoogooogoooolostmyshoewhatdoido.............. well them you know I'm having a good time in church, and I have the power to do anything I want to after, even raise people from the dead, even if they are nothing more then rotten dust. No kidding. You don't need an entire body to come back from the dead. Their whole body will come back from the dead, and it won't be old any more, it will be young and vibrant around 20 years old or so. Nobody wants to come out of their casket in an old person's body, that would be no fun. And if it is a baby who died, the baby will also be 20 years old or so, because nobody wants to be a baby, babies can't dance in church or speak in tongues. Babies can't even talk.
            You forgot about the part where you strip to the waist (men only), Paint half your body Maize, and the other half Blue, and run down the center of main street screaming "Wubba!!, Wubba!!!" at the top of your lungs.

Comment

You forgot about the part where you strip to the waist (men only), Paint half your body Maize, and the other half Blue, and run down the center of main street screaming "Wubba!!, Wubba!!!" at the top of your lungs.
              I thought Dallas Cowboys were blue and white. Not yalla like us orientals.

Heyah in Texarkana, I mean Texis we don't make fun of Dallas Cowboys. Lessen of course we are Houston Oilers. Brown 'n' blacksters.

Comment

Originally posted by nothead View Post

I thought Dallas Cowboys were blue and white. Not yalla like us orientals.

Heyah in Texarkana, I mean Texis we don't make fun of Dallas Cowboys. Lessen of course we are Houston Oilers. Brown 'n' blacksters.
                Psst!! Maize and Blue is the "University of Michigan Wolverines". M go Blue!!

Comment

Psst!! Maize and Blue is the "University of Michigan Wolverines". M go Blue!!
                  I just crossed myself. You ain't no Texin. You a yella I mean maize-bellied yank.

Comment

I just crossed myself. You ain't no Texin. You a yella I mean maize-bellied yank.
                    Worse that that - I'm a "Typical Texan" born in Boston MA. Texans don't "Breed" they proselyte. I gotta go paaaak the caaaaa.

In the Mercato Juarez restaurant in Dallas, we had guests down from Ohio. and they called themselves "Damn Yankees", and the waitress told 'em "Yall ain't Damn Yankees just visit'in, y'all. The Damn ones is the ones that stay.

Comment

Worse that that - I'm a "Typical Texan" born in Boston MA. Texans don't "Breed" they proselyte. I gotta go paaaak the caaaaa.

In the Mercato Juarez restaurant in Dallas, we had guests down from Ohio. and they called themselves "Damn Yankees", and the waitress told 'em "Yall ain't Damn Yankees just visit'in, y'all. The Damn ones is the ones that stay.
                      So'm I, from AK. My plumber friend has a New Jersey accent. At a plumbers meeting in Texas he was asked publicly where he was from after cracken a joke.

He said, "I'ma ding dang yankee, Lubbock." And his infectious laugh rang out once more.

Comment

So'm I, from AK. My plumber friend has a New Jersey accent. At a plumbers meeting in Texas he was asked publicly where he was from after cracken a joke.

He said, "I'ma ding dang yankee, Lubbock." And his infectious laugh rang out once more.
                        A more serious related incident:

Watching Ken Burn's documentary on the Vietnam war...

Johnson was the first president to take 'doublespeak' to a new level. As he escalated 'advisors' and then finally ground troops into Vietnam, his rhetoric to the public was entirely different than his
                        actual decisions which made war there so terrible and unjust. As naphalm decimated North Vietnamese villages, his speeches and internal discussions combined typical Texan analogies
                        (oddly enough expressing 'down home' wisdom) with
                        the usual machismo here, an odd and contradictory contrast in the face of Vietnam's internal strife and divisions. He spoke peace and reconciliation, even a new round of 'peace talks' while he ordered the bombings of the innocent, indeed yes...INITIALLY the women and children why? Since the North Vietnamese SOLDIERS were not in sight, among the civilians, with no uniforms to identify and underground.

I recently took my 17 year old niece to Texas State University, were they had a statue of him in the center of their campus. A young LBJ stood there, in bronze...a legacy of a puppet to our political system
                        during a time I could have no understanding of, being too young to enlist. It were the campuses who first asked what was really going on there. Only the professors had any knowledge whatsoever.

The separation between Church and State denies even a moral code which most religions support. This is ludicrous and I am not even proud to be an American, much less a Texan.
                        Last edited by nothead; 07-11-18, 12:43 AM.

Comment

A Pentecostal is one who is born-again and knows he needs to seek the unction to function, as directed by Jesus, being the result of his new birth, in all situations and circumstances where decisions in life are needed or received with the Mind of God in view and if scripture is to be understood. "The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives "with: you [constantly] and will be "IN" you." John 14:17 (AMP). Fulfilled in John 20:22. . . . . . . . And the "coming UPON" . . . "And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are "clothed with power" from on high.”" Luke 24:49 (ESV)

Question: Why would Jesus have commanded the "born again" Apostles to "Stay in the city until they were Baptized by Christ Jesus with the Holy Ghost"? Why the need if Jesus "did it all" when He went to the cross and especially when had already breathed into them the Holy Spirit (new birth)?

"John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire" Luke 3:16 (KJV)

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Reference View Post
                            A Pentecostal is one who is born-again and knows he needs to seek the unction to function, as directed by Jesus, being the result of his new birth, in all situations and circumstances where decisions in life are needed or received with the Mind of God in view and if scripture is to be understood. "The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives "with: you [constantly] and will be "IN" you." John 14:17 (AMP). Fulfilled in John 20:22. . . . . . . . And the "coming UPON" . . . "And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are "clothed with power" from on high.”" Luke 24:49 (ESV)

Question: Why would Jesus have commanded the "born again" Apostles to "Stay in the city until they were Baptized by Christ Jesus with the Holy Ghost"? Why the need if Jesus "did it all" when He went to the cross and especially when had already breathed into them the Holy Spirit (new birth)?

"John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire" Luke 3:16 (KJV)

An example:

It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Reference View Post

Whoo HOO crossfit. The UNCTION to FUNCTION.

This is the RACE of Paul himself, FERVENT innis running. Reaching and teaching GODZONE, the place of peace...before...YHWH. And...so much MORE than this, since Jesus RIGHT NOW
                              sits at the Right Hand of HIS GOD, in glory in truth, in service and in rest.

This UNCTION to FUNCTION is Shema in a Nutshell, LOVING God and then his creatures with all we got, all we are and do, all we CAN do.

The jump and the LEAP to do Shema. The Circumcision of our HEARTS to know and DO the very Heart of God Himself, heart law, heart saying and heart doing. Deut 30

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

GODZONE, the place, that MAGICAL place all pentecostals know in part and strive for in potentiality.

OPPOSITE of lukewarmness. REBUTING the OSAS view. Hoping and praying and running and gunning. Gunning for the GLORY of God.

Comment

Working...
                              X