Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What makes a pentecostal a pentecostal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
    OTHER THAN TONGUES, what do they think makes them 'different' or 'better' than Baptists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Methodists, or other evangelical CHRISTIAN faiths?
    If they think they're "better" they're no different than any of that crowd who feel superior to everyone else in their divisions and their doctrines. If they are truly pentecostal, they are more accountable, and responsible for every to which they've been granted stewardship. The gifted are so for the sole purpose of edification...woe to those who use their own differences as a source of pride.
    Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

If they think they're "better" they're no different than any of that crowd who feel superior to everyone else in their divisions and their doctrines. If they are truly pentecostal, they are more accountable, and responsible for every to which they've been granted stewardship. The gifted are so for the sole purpose of edification...woe to those who use their own differences as a source of pride.
      This is fun...

I always thought if I were going to leap from a precipice, I'd rather at least be wearing a parasail...or something. But, I see that you have a depth of courage that's quite remarkable.

Evidence of assumed superiority was provided.
      The apostolic word of God by the Twelve is the highest written authority, for it binds and loosens (Mat 16-19).
      Then the foundational prophets - NO OTHER WORKS QUALIFY

Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Evidence of assumed superiority was provided.
        You did not respond to my post.

Something fascinating in your tag:
        1900 years without inspiration...Is that a doctrine? Or a confession of sin?
        Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

You did not respond to my post.

Something fascinating in your tag:
          1900 years without inspiration...Is that a doctrine? Or a confession of sin?
          No inspired prophet existed in the last 1900 years
          - an anti-type for the silent inter-testamental period.

The apostolic word of God by the Twelve is the highest written authority, for it binds and loosens (Mat 16-19).

Comment

So it's a confession of sin. Thanks.

You're adding to the scripture, of course...

Prove it with scriptures...I'll show you the promise of prophecy...in Joel, and extended to us in Acts 2..

And of course, you're buying the nonsense of a "silent" inter-testamental period as well...If it were so silent, why was it an expectation that Caiaphas would prophesy, "as he was the high priest that year?"

How could a prophetess be allowed to prophesy in the temple proper for seventy years? Hmmm?

Are you implying that, because it isn't written it isn't prophecy? Do you suggest we have on record every prophecy ever spoken? John says if he had written everything Jesus had done, it would fill a library to big to contain...

....Do you have anything on the prophet Iddo, mentioned in the OT? Or the prophetesses that are mentioned?

Your presumption is not a good basis for theology, btw...casual observers might suggest that it makes you kind of a critic-lite.

I might add...the ridiculous claim to 1900 years without inspiration, 1900 years of abject abandonment...1900 years where the pope alone led! That explains why to the eye of the seeker, it looks like every church is doing what seems right in its own uninspired eyes.
            Pete

Comment

You're adding to the scripture, of course...

Prove it with scriptures...I'll show you the promise of prophecy...in Joel, and extended to us in Acts 2..
              How sad to mix up a prophecy with its fulfilment
              and to see the fables of Luke the Greek as the word of God.

And of course, you're buying the nonsense of a "silent" inter-testamental period as well...If it were so silent, why was it an expectation that Caiaphas would prophesy, "as he was the high priest that year?"
              People's expectation didn't make Caiaphas a prophet.

How could a prophetess be allowed to prophesy in the temple proper for seventy years? Hmmm?
              Luke the Greek produced another prophet?

Only the Baptist and Jesus were prophets
              and the TWO anti-types are found in Revelation 11.

Are you implying that, because it isn't written it isn't prophecy? Do you suggest we have on record every prophecy ever spoken? John says if he had written everything Jesus had done, it would fill a library to big to contain...
              What Jesus did isn't relevant to the issue
              for the issue is false prophets.

....Do you have anything on the prophet Iddo, mentioned in the OT?
              You don't!

Berechiah, the son of Iddo the prophet (Zec 1:1).
              That is a reference to Iddo.
              Now prove that Iddo wasn't know as a false prophet?

Your presumption is not a good basis for theology, btw...casual observers might suggest that it makes you kind of a critic-lite.
              Personal abuse is always welcomed,
              for that reveals the character of the abuser.

I might add...the ridiculous claim to 1900 years without inspiration, 1900 years of abject abandonment...1900 years where the pope alone led! That explains why to the eye of the seeker, it looks like every church is doing what seems right in its own uninspired eyes.
              List the prophets,
              whom God chose in the time since the apostles,
              and their prophecies.

Last edited by Conqueror; 12-20-18, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nothead View Post

I was OnePent for 16 years plus.

I follow YHWH Elohim as God. And Jesus as His Beloved Son.

I suspect YOU follow the wrong gods. Jesus is not God and the Holy Spirit is not God en whole.
                So...you stopped speaking English and chose bad transliteration as your God? Nice to meet you. You do realize, don't you that your debate is with God Who inspired Isaiah to prophesy Jesus' name: Wonderful, Counselor, Prince of Peace...Mighty God...

God's kind of unequivocal that way. Good luck with your argument.
                Pete

Comment

Originally posted by nothead View Post

I was OnePent for 16 years plus.

I follow YHWH Elohim as God. And Jesus as His Beloved Son.

I suspect YOU follow the wrong gods. Jesus is not God and the Holy Spirit is not God en whole.

So...you stopped speaking English and chose bad transliteration as your God? Nice to meet you. You do realize, don't you that your debate is with God Who inspired Isaiah to prophesy Jesus' name: Wonderful, Counselor, Prince of Peace...Mighty God...

God's kind of unequivocal that way. Good luck with your argument.
                  Deal with that deception and that isn't done
                  by leaving
                  'Everlasting Father' out of Isaiah's quote
                  for dishonesty has no place in apologetics.

Comment

Working...
                  X