Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Pentecostals are deceived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentecostals are deceived

Most of Pentecostalism can be explained by psychology. Don't fall for it!
    "He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1 John 2:4, NKJV)"

Originally posted by logix View Post
    That's, not saying much.
    - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

Most psychology is worthless and if you had upper level psychology training and studied the Bible you would catch assorted blunders different schools of psychology make.

. "No man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Cor 12:3

Tell us how Freud, Piaget, Skinner, Behavioral, Cognitive, Psychoanalytic or other schools explain it.

I was taught recent psychology could be tossed into 7 groups. Our Pastor is teaching Revelations which places churches into 7 different groups.

God didn't use biology test books to Create man. His Word offers an operator's manual that is the best.

Too many pastors spend too much time in counseling. Pastor counseling is a competitor for shrinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nouveau View Post

Most psychology is worthless and if you had upper level psychology training and studied the Bible you would catch assorted blunders different schools of psychology make.

Tell us how Freud, Piaget, Skinner, Behavioral, Cognitive, Psychoanalytic or other schools explain it.

I was taught recent psychology could be tossed into 7 groups. Our Pastor is teaching Revelations which places churches into 7 different groups.

God didn't use biology test books to Create man. His Word offers an operator's manual that is the best.

Too many pastors spend too much time in counseling. Pastor counseling is a competitor for shrinks.
        The OP is by an utterly deceived Roman Catholic, who cannot
        tell the difference between a wafer and the Lord Jesus Christ.

No need for the two future prophets to correct the born-again, if they weren't intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets.
        Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

The OP is by an utterly deceived Roman Catholic, who cannot
          tell the difference between a wafer and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ask a Catholic what it means to be filled with the Holy Spirit. What?

Catholic Priests make a lot of headlines. My opinion is alcohol. If they had the joy of The Lord they wouldn't need liquid spirits.

Comment

Catholic Priests make a lot of headlines. My opinion is alcohol. If they had the joy of The Lord they wouldn't need liquid spirits.
            “Therefore if they say to you ....
            ‘Look, the Christ is in the inner rooms!
            ’ - tabernacles
            do not believe it.(Mat 24:26).

That accurate prophecy by Jesus
            is about that succession of false apostles,
            who present a false Christ before the second coming.

The fact that they serve a false Christ
            makes it far more difficult for them
            to turn to the Lord Jesus to receive life.

But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.(Jn 5:40).

No need for the two future prophets to correct the born-again, if they weren't intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets.
            Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

[Ask a pentecostal that. . .and see how fast so-called 'tongues' is forced into the conversation.

Jesus MADE WINE (gh 'oinos' from which we get the word 'wino.'). He did NOT make grape juice at the wedding. DIFFERENT WORD.

What Jesus made CONTAINED ALCOHOL. . .BY THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD IN THE BIBLE.

Sorry 'nouveau,' but you can't have it BOTH WAYS.

Liquid 'spirits' are NOT always bad.

1 Tim 5:23
              23 No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach's sake and your frequent infirmities.
              NKJV

Last edited by Morefish; 10-20-18, 10:36 AM.
              God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

We also have these statements:

Eph 5:18
                Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
                NIV

1 Tim 3:8
                Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain.
                NIV

Titus 2:3
                Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.
                NIV

None of these statements can refer to a non-alcoholic drink.
                Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post
                  We also have these statements:

Eph 5:18
                  Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
                  NIV

1 Tim 3:8
                  Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain.
                  NIV

Titus 2:3
                  Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.
                  NIV

None of these statements can refer to a non-alcoholic drink.
                  Wine, fermented juice, is DEFINED as a drink made with alcohol. Grape juice is NEVER wine.
                  There IS NO SUCH THING as 'non-alcoholic wine. . .BY DEFINITION.

People who think otherwise are simply in denial.

Jesus didn't make 'grape juice'. . .Jesus made WINE.+

btw, I don't like the taste of alcohol, so I don't drink it. . .and have no vested interest at all.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Correction: shrinks try to compete with pastors who have more to offer than they do. We CHRISTIANS (not necessarily pastors alone) have the WORD OF GOD, when applied to the needs of CHRISTIANS, is always sufficient. Too many pastors and non-pastor CHRISTIANS don't know their scriptures well enough to counsel very well, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Morefish View Post

Wine, fermented juice, is DEFINED as a drink made with alcohol. Grape juice is NEVER wine.
                      There IS NO SUCH THING as 'non-alcoholic wine. . .BY DEFINITION.

That is what I was getting at. People in Jesus' day drank wine, probably because unfermented drinks were unhealthy. They didn't have water treatment plants back then. The alcohol would kill off most organisms.
                      Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

That is what I was getting at. People in Jesus' day drank wine, probably because unfermented drinks were unhealthy. They didn't have water treatment plants back then. The alcohol would kill off most organisms.
                        We agree.

Comment

Also, have you ever considered what happens when warm untreated grape juice is poured into an untreated sheepskin bag? FERMENTATION.

Comment

Ya got it backwards. shrink-counselling is attempted competitor for CHRISTIAN councelling

Comment

Well...that seals the deal. When the critic bases his theology solely on his own private criticism...you know you're in for an entertaining conversation. Thanks for posting.
                              Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Working...
                              X