Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Pentecostals are deceived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Hi Leo.

That is the classic response of a Roman Catholic.

Admits to be clueless, but cannot possibly be deceived.

The "Mystery" is scriptural so admitting to it is not a sin.

Colossians 2:1-3
    For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Ephesians 3:2-6
    Assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace that was given to me for you, how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

1 Timothy 3:16
    Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

Colossians 1:26-27
    The mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

- Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

Originally posted by LeoTheLibrarian View Post

The "Mystery" is scriptural so admitting to it is not a sin.

Colossians 2:1-3
      For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Ephesians 3:2-6
      Assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace that was given to me for you, how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

1 Timothy 3:16
      Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

Colossians 1:26-27
      The mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

"the mystery was made known to me by revelation" - Ephesians 3:2

It is no longer a mystery if Paul is understood.

Comment

Paul is the worst of all sinners.
        - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

Paul is the worst of all sinners.
          That seems to be a cause for the ignorant to boast about their lack of sin.

That holiness drips of Paul bashers.

Comment

I don't ev-er use that term. But thanks for thinking of me.
            That's what HE said too - chief of sinners.

AN EXCELLENT Bible teacher, however!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Paul didn't teach the Roman Canon,
              but brought the revelation of the Father.

Does ANYBODY REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT ALL WORKS??

No.

SImple as that.

Comment

And THAT we can agree on.

Comment

Paul didn't teach the Roman Canon,

And THAT we can agree on.
                  What changed your mind to differentiate
                  between the Roman Canon and the apostolic word of God?

Comment

What changed your mind to differentiate between the Roman Canon and the apostolic word of God? .
                    Nothing, silly, and you Don't even KNOW what I agreed to, do you??

Clue: "but brought the revelation of the Father." Paul certainly did THAT beautifully.

Your RIDICULOUS "Roman Canon" foolishness is ignored as it has been since you first posted here.

Comment

Your RIDICULOUS "Roman Canon" foolishness is ignored as it has been since you first posted here.
                      You specifically stated that Paul taught the Roman Canon,
                      which wasn't even compiled in his day.

Comment

So he considered himself lower than all others and treated all "groups"
                        the same as he'd want to be treated himself? All women and sinners even?

Comment

So he considered himself lower than all others and treated all "groups"
                          the same as he'd want to be treated himself? All women and sinners even?
                          1 Cor 9:19-23 draw your own conclusion.

Comment

1 Cor 9:19-23 draw your own conclusion.
                            Why would that be related to Paul's treatment of women or his pet peeve sin groups?

Romans 15:1
                            We who are strong ought to bear with the shortcomings of the weak and not to please ourselves.

Comment

That seems to be a cause for the ignorant to boast about their lack of sin.

That holiness drips of Paul bashers.

I have always claimed the opposite for myself.
                              So where does that place your analysis?
                              My claim is that Paul violates the terms of his own writings
                              which places him squarely as chief of all sinners.
                              I just ask that people not "do as Paul do."

Not seeing Jesus in action, he was a dunce at execution.
                              Last edited by LeoTheLibrarian; 02-15-19, 11:07 AM.

Comment

You specifically stated that Paul taught the Roman Canon,
                                which wasn't even compiled in his day.

Where? I'm still looking. You read the post like you read scripture...it will always say what you want it to say, as long as you make the claim, and move from a level of presumption.
                                Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Working...
                                X