Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Pentecostals are deceived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeoTheLibrarian View Post
    Why would that be related to Paul's treatment of women or his pet peeve sin groups?
    Paul (in not permitting WOMEN to minister), was trying to protect the church against the corruption to the Diana/Artimus cults which were matriarchal, and PERVASIVE in the churches that he wrote to. The LAST THING you'd want would be a woman, RAISED IN THAT CULTURE (to be the spiritual leaders), and a Immature Christian, to SPIN that cultural POISON into the REAL Church!!!

Obviously, he wasn't completely successful, since the demonic "Blessed Virgin" thing and other pagan inclusions have been growing in power and importance in the Romanist and Orthodox systems.

Romans 15:1 We who are strong ought to bear with the shortcomings of the weak and not to please ourselves.
    Romans 14 goes in the same direction - accepting and bearing another's SPIRITUAL WEAKNESS, until God makes them STAND..

I'm SURE that Paul could be rather abrasive - but he performed the Ministry that he was given, in they way God wanted Him to perform it, and to the best of his ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

That seems to be a cause for the ignorant to boast about their lack of sin.

That holiness drips of Paul bashers.

I have always claimed the opposite for myself.
      So where does that place your analysis?
      My claim is that Paul violates the terms of his own writings
      which places him squarely as chief of all sinners.
      I just ask that people not "do as Paul do."

Not seeing Jesus in action, he was a dunce at execution.
      Boasting about being the least of all sinners?

Only the pure can enter heaven.

No need for the two future prophets to correct the born-again, if they weren't intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets.
      Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Paul (in not permitting WOMEN to minister), was trying to protect the church against the corruption to the Diana/Artimus cults which were matriarchal, and PERVASIVE in the churches that he wrote to. The LAST THING you'd want would be a woman, RAISED IN THAT CULTURE (to be the spiritual leaders), and a Immature Christian, to SPIN that cultural POISON into the REAL Church!!!

Obviously, he wasn't completely successful, since the demonic "Blessed Virgin" thing and other pagan inclusions have been growing in power and importance in the Romanist and Orthodox systems.

Romans 14 goes in the same direction - accepting and bearing another's SPIRITUAL WEAKNESS, until God makes them STAND..

I'm SURE that Paul could be rather abrasive - but he performed the Ministry that he was given, in they way God wanted Him to perform it, and to the best of his ability.
        Ah. Interesting. Your explanation supports my stand that acts and all the letters to the churches were not intended to become part of scripture.
        - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

Boasting about being the least of all sinners?
          Only the pure can enter heaven.
          Paul was speaking about being the chief of all sinners.
          Yet, righteous is available to everyone.

Ephesians 2:8-9
          For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing;
          it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 6:14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
          - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

Paul was speaking about being the chief of all sinners.
            Yet, righteous is available to everyone.

Ephesians 2:8-9
            For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing;
            it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 6:14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
            You don't believe Paul.

What is your point?
            No need for the two future prophets to correct the born-again, if they weren't intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets.

Comment

You don't believe Paul.

What is your point?
              I don't trust that Paul acted in concert with what he taught others.
              Being the chief of all sinners and a stranger to Jesus, this stands to reason.

Just as all these sexual deviates are being brought into the open, doesn't mean their teachings were false.
              It shows that they were unable to act on what they taught. Which is what we sinners do.

Comment

I don't trust that Paul acted in concert with what he taught others.
                Being the chief of all sinners and a stranger to Jesus, this stands to reason.

Just as all these sexual deviates are being brought into the open, doesn't mean their teachings were false.
                It shows that they were unable to act on what they taught. Which is what we sinners do.
                Babble on.

Comment

Ah. Interesting. Your explanation supports my stand that acts and all the letters to the churches were not intended to become part of scripture.
                  But of course "YOUR STAND" is TOTALLY UNIMPORTANT, since Paul's teaching (which agrees with that of Jesus perfectly) gives VALUABLE INSIGHT into how Christian is intended to operate. It's OBVIOUSLY "Scripture" and only a heretic would teach otherwise.

Comment

But of course "YOUR STAND" is TOTALLY UNIMPORTANT, since Paul's teaching (which agrees with that of Jesus perfectly) gives VALUABLE INSIGHT into how Christian is intended to operate. It's OBVIOUSLY "Scripture" and only a heretic would teach otherwise.
                    Or not operate, being that he is the chief of all sinners, far worse than anyone he identifies in his writings.

I was saying that no author of letters to the churches shows that they letter were written with the intention that they become scripture.
                    Nor are they reprinted with any written or oral permission. Sure, this observation is heresy. Yup.

Comment

I don't claim to be a teacher. I do Christian research.
                      Not important? You make me so sad.

Comment

I don't claim to be a teacher.
                        And yet you try to "Teach" US, so which is it?? Are you a teacher, or not???

Comment

And yet you try to "Teach" US, so which is it?? Are you a teacher, or not???
                          I am a seeker and a researcher. I don't teach anything to nobody.
                          I've changed my mind in the past, and anything I say about scripture
                          and Christianity is subject to change in the future.

I discovered a couple of passages that have taken me
                          from legalism to Grace, and that's a huge change.
                          But having been a conservative for decades, I understand
                          that people may hold on for dear life for decades themselves.

So I love them just as they stand where I used to be myself.
                          Last edited by LeoTheLibrarian; 02-15-19, 03:48 PM.

Comment

I am a seeker and a researcher. I don't teach anything to nobody.
                            I've changed my mind in the past, and anything I say about scripture
                            and Christianity is subject to change in the future.

I discovered a couple of passages that have taken me
                            from legalism to Grace, and that's a huge change.
                            But having been a conservative for decades, I understand
                            that people may hold on for dear life for decades themselves.

So I love them just as they stand where I used to be myself.
                            SO what you really want to do is TEACH your INTERPRETATION of the Bible here. Lots of folks do that. MOST of us, however, don't have the Visceral need to Mutilate the Bible, or "defame" it's authors.

Comment

SO what you really want to do is TEACH your INTERPRETATION of the Bible here. Lots of folks do that. MOST of us, however, don't have the Visceral need to Mutilate the Bible, or "defame" it's authors.
                              I know I'm on the right track when people resort to emotional jousting as a substitute for the considered application of scripture.
                              All Caps is a big clue as well.

You haven't even read my wacky stuff yet. I'm still in the middle of the left field on this one.

Jeremiah 23:29 Is not my word like fire, declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

Hebrews 2:1 Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.
                              Last edited by LeoTheLibrarian; 02-15-19, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I know I'm on the right track when people resort to emotional jousting as a substitute for reason. All Caps is a big clue here.
                                So nothing except a Criticism of "Style". Same 'ol Same 'ol. GOOD "Fallback".

Comment

Working...
                                X