Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

When is healing REALLY healing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conqueror replied
    10-18-18, 11:50 AM
    Those who don't believe in Pentecostal theology,
    but still attend Pentecostal services
    ADMIT that they aren't interested in the truth.

FAKE Christians are easy to spot.

Originally posted by Morefish View Post

SOME of us GENUINE Christians attend because we were INVITED (He attended a BAPTIST church the next week.

Joining church hoppers.

I wish you well in your quest, but Jesus is the Way.

No 'church hopping. It's called evangelism.
    Now it becomes clear;
    making a nuisance of oneself to condemn
    tongue speakers for that it the gospel to some.
    Are you REALLY ignorant enough to think he would invite me to his church if he thought I would be a 'nuisance?'

Are you up to a CHALLENGE? I CHALLENGE YOU to show us what YOU THINK 'THE Gospel' is.

THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE
    or will you simply 'run away' from answering the challenge with a 'gospel???'

God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Now it becomes clear;

Are you REALLY ignorant enough to think he would invite me to his church if he thought I would be a 'nuisance?'
      It is nice to hear that 'the Pentecostal hater'
      is able to restrain himself when face to face with his enemy.

Please be consistent and show the same courtesy here.

Comment

Conqueror replied
        10-18-18, 06:59 PM
        Now it becomes clear;

Do you REALLY THINK that name-calling (such as 'the pentecostal hater') makes your attempted 'case' any stronger?

OF COURSE I do NOT hate ANY pentecostal person ANYWHERE. Many of them are my brothers and sisters in Christ.

They are just poorly taught.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Luke 17:11-14

11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, "Jesus, Master, have pity on us!"
          14 When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.
          NIV

In this account, those 10 men were not healed immediately, but "as they went." You are confusing a healing with a miracle. Miracles are instantaneous, healings are over time. When the Bible records a healing that was instantaneous, it was actually a miracle.

[B]

There are at least two that fit the bill:

Mark 6:53-56

53 When they had crossed over, they landed at Gennesaret and anchored there. 54 As soon as they got out of the boat, people recognized Jesus. 55 They ran throughout that whole region and carried the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. 56 And wherever he went into villages, towns or countryside they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched him were healed.
          NIV

Acts 5:14-16
          Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number. 15 As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter's shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. 16 Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by evil spirits, and all of them were healed.
          NIV
          Not quite. It was the CROWD that went to Jesus, Jesus didn't 'hold a service' in which people were told to 'donate' sums of money if they wanted to be healed, as some of the 'pentecostal' groups do these days.

No line-ups with someone grabbing the person and shouting 'BE HEALED!' at them. NOT ONE.

Comment

Not quite. It was the CROWD that went to Jesus, Jesus didn't 'hold a service' in which people were told to 'donate' sums of money if they wanted to be healed, as some of the 'pentecostal' groups do these days.

No line-ups with someone grabbing the person and shouting 'BE HEALED!' at them. NOT ONE.
            Prosperity teachers aren't Pentecostals, but that requires discernment.

Comment

Conqueror replied
              10-28-18, 11:43 PM

Prosperity teachers aren't Pentecostals, but that requires discernment.
              You seem to be lacking there. MANY of the so-called 'prosperity teachers' ARE pentecostals.

Yep, to recognize which ones are not DOES require a tiny bit of discernment. . .but it sounds like you cannot discern if any are not.

Comment

Conqueror replied
                10-18-18, 07:59 PM
                Now it becomes clear;

Are you REALLY ignorant enough to think he would invite me to his church if he thought I would be a 'nuisance?
                '

[Do you HONESTLY THINK that calling me names makes you sound 'intelligent' or "right?"
                The REALITY IS it only makes you look cheap and petty.]

YOU DEMONSTRATE. . .

Your total lack of consistency is so evident for all to see. . .

Comment

You seem to be lacking there. MANY of the so-called 'prosperity teachers' ARE pentecostals.

Yep, to recognize which ones are not DOES require a tiny bit of discernment. . .but it sounds like you cannot discern if any are not.
                  Does the AoG accept those prosperity teachers?

No.

Again there is no case other than a hatred for Pentecostals..

Comment

Conqueror replied
                    11-24-18, 04:22 PM

Does the AoG accept those prosperity teachers?

No.

Again there is no case other than a hatred for Pentecostals..
                    The AoG is NOT ALL OF, nor does it represent ALL OF pentalcostalism.

Your conclusion is biased by your hatred of NORMAL Christians.

Comment

I've been an many services where healing was ministered, but I've never been in a healing service where money was mentioned (except during the normal tithes and offerings portion).

Jesus freely ministered healing, and so does my pastors.
                      Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Pentecostal bashing isn't normal,
                        for a Christian would trust God to deal with any problems.

Comment

Conqueror replied
                          11-26-18, 02:31 PM

Pentecostal bashing isn't normal,
                          for a Christian would trust God to deal with any problems.
                          Tell that to Paul:

2 Tim 4:1-4
                          : 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
                          NKJV

YOUR version of fables seems to be the worst of the lot.

DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call 'slain in the spirit?'
                          DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call 'the toronto experience' in which they moo, quack, bray, grunt etc like farm animals?
                          DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call'holy laughter' in which the preacher contrives the whole thing?
                          DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call 'tongues' in which they shut off their minds and babble senselessly, thinking they are 'speaking a furrin language?

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE other than that Baptists are of some kind of lesser spiritual value than are modern-day 'pentecostals?'

Comment

AlFin replied
                            11-26-18, 10:44 AM
                            I've been an many services where healing was ministered, but I've never been in a healing service where money was mentioned (except during the normal tithes and offerings portion).

[Remember Oral Roberts? HE suckered my uncle out of $2,800 back in the '50's.'

Jesus freely ministered healing, and so does my pastors.
                            Jesus did a lot of things. Jesus never zipped up his pants though (no zippers back then)
                            Never 'dressed up' for church. (worshiped in fields, on hillsides, etc.)

Walked on water freely (your pastors likely don't do that either)

Jeus is God (your pastors don't even come CLOSE. . .)

So what? He STILL din't 'line em up and knock em down. . .' Never told them to be healed, and have the leprosy remain for 3 more years either. Grabbed em by the head and shouted "BE HEALED' either.

Yer pastors are 'almost good' showmen, but not quite. But your audience doesn't seem to notice.

Comment

But your audience doesn't seem to notice.
                              We Word of Faith Christians DO notice the successful results of ministered healing. And I'm speaking from experience.
                              Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

I visited a pentecostal church a couple of years ago and the pastor preached on 'Healing." He told of a woman who was 'healed' at a pentecostal service of a large tumor on her neck. The tumor remained visible to all for several years, then went away.

IS THAT YOUR VERSION of 'Biblical healng?'

WHERE IN THE BIBLE does ANYTHING LIKE THAT ever occur? Or did the person 'pick up his mat and walk' IMMEDIATELY or did he 'wais 3 years?

In my BIBLE every single 'healing' was INSTANT AND COMPLETE AT ONCE, not just pretended junk like many pentecostals do today.

I see NO 'healing services' in the Bible either.

Modern-day 'pentecostals' are SO SUPERSTITIOUS.
                                On the other hand, pentecostals take what they can get. If not instantaneous, then over time.

If not absolute, then as much as God will allow.

If not the ideal, then healing in whatever form God graces us with.

My wife with 95% and more probability of cancerous brain tumor not malignant, I will take with humble joy. That the surgeon could scrape some along the lining of her brain, not previously mentioned as a routine biopsy we will think of with gladness, especially since this was not an option he presented previously.

Now she has sight in her blind eye and balance when she was falling on her face. We've had two years of 90% normal when she was 40% previous.

Credit the surgeon or credit God, I credit both sir. Sue me iffen you don't likkit. Lick my bootees while yer attit.

Comment

Working...
                                X