Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

When is healing REALLY healing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morefish
    started a topic When is healing REALLY healing?

When is healing REALLY healing?

I visited a pentecostal church a couple of years ago and the pastor preached on 'Healing." He told of a woman who was 'healed' at a pentecostal service of a large tumor on her neck. The tumor remained visible to all for several years, then went away.

IS THAT YOUR VERSION of 'Biblical healng?'

WHERE IN THE BIBLE does ANYTHING LIKE THAT ever occur? Or did the person 'pick up his mat and walk' IMMEDIATELY or did he 'wais 3 years?

In my BIBLE every single 'healing' was INSTANT AND COMPLETE AT ONCE, not just pretended junk like many pentecostals do today.

I see NO 'healing services' in the Bible either.

Modern-day 'pentecostals' are SO SUPERSTITIOUS.

• Morefish
    replied
    Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

Just wondering on what your input is about the following verse..

James 5:13 Is any one of you suffering? He should pray. Is anyone cheerful? He should sing praises. 14 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick. The Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.
    My 'take' is exactly AS IT SAYS. NOTHING about 'healings' being 'not-miracles.' NOTHING about a 'healing service' of the church. Prayers for each other, yes. The elderS (plural) praying and anointing him with oil in the name of the lord, yes.

"slain in the spirit?' nowhere there.
    other pentecostal superstitions not there either.

JUST WHAT IT SAYS IN THE TEXT. NO 'pentecostal-add-ons.'

Leave a comment:

• Conqueror
    replied
    Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Pentecostal bashing isn't normal,
    for a Christian would trust God to deal with any problems.

Originally posted by Morefish View Post

Tell that to Paul:

2 Tim 4:1-4
    : 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
    NKJV

YOUR version of fables seems to be the worst of the lot.

DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call 'slain in the spirit?'
    DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call 'the toronto experience' in which they moo, quack, bray, grunt etc like farm animals?
    DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call'holy laughter' in which the preacher contrives the whole thing?
    DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call 'tongues' in which they shut off their minds and babble senselessly, thinking they are 'speaking a furrin language?

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE other than that Baptists are of some kind of lesser spiritual value than are modern-day 'pentecostals?'
    What I believe is irrelevant.

Let the Pentecostal bashing continue by the superior Baptist.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    AlFin replied
    11-30-18, 10:25 AM
    God heals. There is no question about that. . .but. . .are your wof quacks needed? Or is simply prayer of a righteous man? AND/OR anointing with oil and prayer by the elders of his/her church? Or are they not qualified?

I would beet that God has healed me of more 'stuff' than he has healed you (be THANKFUL you haven't needed it.) God used my doctors to
    patch together 17 breaks in my left femur, 3 in my right humorus, 3 in my left radius and ulna, to remove a football-sized tumor from my belly (cancer)8 ft of ruptured intestine and colon, and other multiple repairs. Arthritis is rampant within me too, but kept under control with chemo medicine and a few other maladies that don't come to mind just now.

But GOD keeps me alive, functioning pretty well, able to work, eat, chew gum and walk.

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!

No wof quackery required!

ONLY GOD!.
    As I've posted before, medical science IS a gift from God. As my pastors say, "If you need to go to a doctor, then go to a doctor, just do it in faith that God will use him."
    Then on THAT POINT your pastor and I agree. Even if the doctor 'slips' and I die, my prayers are answered. GOD's WILL is done.

No wof quacks required.

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied

God heals. There is no question about that. . .but. . .are your wof quacks needed? Or is simply prayer of a righteous man? AND/OR anointing with oil and prayer by the elders of his/her church? Or are they not qualified?

I would beet that God has healed me of more 'stuff' than he has healed you (be THANKFUL you haven't needed it.) God used my doctors to
    patch together 17 breaks in my left femur, 3 in my right humorus, 3 in my left radius and ulna, to remove a football-sized tumor from my belly (cancer)8 ft of ruptured intestine and colon, and other multiple repairs. Arthritis is rampant within me too, but kept under control with chemo medicine and a few other maladies that don't come to mind just now.

But GOD keeps me alive, functioning pretty well, able to work, eat, chew gum and walk.

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!

ONLY GOD!.
    As I've posted before, medical science IS a gift from God. As my pastors say, "If you need to go to a doctor, then go to a doctor, just do it in faith that God will use him."

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    AlFin replied
    11-28-18, 10:39 AM

But your audience doesn't seem to notice.

We Word of Faith Christians DO notice the successful results of ministered healing. And I'm speaking from experience.

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!

ONLY GOD!.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    nothead replied
    11-29-18, 07:18 AM
    I visited a pentecostal church a couple of years ago and the pastor preached on 'Healing." He told of a woman who was 'healed' at a pentecostal service of a large tumor on her neck. The tumor remained visible to all for several years, then went away.

WHERE IN THE BIBLE does ANYTHING LIKE THAT ever occur? Or did the person 'pick up his mat and walk' IMMEDIATELY or did he 'wais 3 years?

In my BIBLE every single 'healing' was INSTANT AND COMPLETE AT ONCE, not just pretended junk like many pentecostals do today.

On the other hand, pentecostals take what they can get. If not instantaneous, then over time.

If not absolute, then as much as God will allow.

If not the ideal, then healing in whatever form God graces us with.

My wife with 95% and more probability of cancerous brain tumor not malignant, I will take with humble joy. That the surgeon could scrape some along the lining of her brain, not previously mentioned as a routine biopsy we will think of with gladness, especially since this was not an option he presented previously.

Now she has sight in her blind eye and balance when she was falling on her face. We've had two years of 90% normal when she was 40% previous.

Credit the surgeon or credit God, I credit both sir. Sue me iffen you don't likkit. Lick my bootees while yer attit.
    I praise God AND am thankful he gave you a skilled surgeon. I am a cancer survivor too. They took a football-sized tumor and my right kidney out of my belly about 8 years ago. Now I take chemo for arthritis and Sjogren's. TERRIBLE stuff to live with the rest of my life. . .

I am thankful your wife was spared that. She just made my prayers.

God is sooooooooooo good!

So sue me. and keep your attitude. . .I have one of my own!

Leave a comment:

• nothead
    replied

On the other hand, pentecostals take what they can get. If not instantaneous, then over time.

If not absolute, then as much as God will allow.

If not the ideal, then healing in whatever form God graces us with.

My wife with 95% and more probability of cancerous brain tumor not malignant, I will take with humble joy. That the surgeon could scrape some along the lining of her brain, not previously mentioned as a routine biopsy we will think of with gladness, especially since this was not an option he presented previously.

Now she has sight in her blind eye and balance when she was falling on her face. We've had two years of 90% normal when she was 40% previous.

Credit the surgeon or credit God, I credit both sir. Sue me iffen you don't likkit. Lick my bootees while yer attit.

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied

But your audience doesn't seem to notice.
    We Word of Faith Christians DO notice the successful results of ministered healing. And I'm speaking from experience.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    AlFin replied
    11-26-18, 10:44 AM
    Not quite. It was the CROWD that went to Jesus, Jesus didn't 'hold a service' in which people were told to 'donate' sums of money if they wanted to be healed, as some of the 'pentecostal' groups do these days.
    I've been an many services where healing was ministered, but I've never been in a healing service where money was mentioned (except during the normal tithes and offerings portion).

[Remember Oral Roberts? HE suckered my uncle out of $2,800 back in the '50's.'

Jesus freely ministered healing, and so does my pastors.
    Jesus did a lot of things. Jesus never zipped up his pants though (no zippers back then)
    Never 'dressed up' for church. (worshiped in fields, on hillsides, etc.)

Walked on water freely (your pastors likely don't do that either)

Jeus is God (your pastors don't even come CLOSE. . .)

So what? He STILL din't 'line em up and knock em down. . .' Never told them to be healed, and have the leprosy remain for 3 more years either. Grabbed em by the head and shouted "BE HEALED' either.

Yer pastors are 'almost good' showmen, but not quite. But your audience doesn't seem to notice.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    Conqueror replied
    11-26-18, 02:31 PM

Your conclusion is biased by your hatred of NORMAL Christians.
    Tell that to Paul:

2 Tim 4:1-4
    : 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
    NKJV

YOUR version of fables seems to be the worst of the lot.

DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call 'slain in the spirit?'
    DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call 'the toronto experience' in which they moo, quack, bray, grunt etc like farm animals?
    DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call'holy laughter' in which the preacher contrives the whole thing?
    DO YOU believe in what modern-day 'pentecostals call 'tongues' in which they shut off their minds and babble senselessly, thinking they are 'speaking a furrin language?

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE other than that Baptists are of some kind of lesser spiritual value than are modern-day 'pentecostals?'

Leave a comment:

• Conqueror
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied

Not quite. It was the CROWD that went to Jesus, Jesus didn't 'hold a service' in which people were told to 'donate' sums of money if they wanted to be healed, as some of the 'pentecostal' groups do these days.
    I've been an many services where healing was ministered, but I've never been in a healing service where money was mentioned (except during the normal tithes and offerings portion).

Jesus freely ministered healing, and so does my pastors.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    Conqueror replied
    11-24-18, 04:22 PM
    You seem to be lacking there. MANY of the so-called 'prosperity teachers' ARE pentecostals.

Yep, to recognize which ones are not DOES require a tiny bit of discernment. . .but it sounds like you cannot discern if any are not.
    Does the AoG accept those prosperity teachers?

No.

Again there is no case other than a hatred for Pentecostals..
    The AoG is NOT ALL OF, nor does it represent ALL OF pentalcostalism.

Leave a comment:

• Conqueror
    replied

You seem to be lacking there. MANY of the so-called 'prosperity teachers' ARE pentecostals.

Yep, to recognize which ones are not DOES require a tiny bit of discernment. . .but it sounds like you cannot discern if any are not.
    Does the AoG accept those prosperity teachers?

No.

Again there is no case other than a hatred for Pentecostals..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X