Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What does pentecostalism have to offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does pentecostalism have to offer

That we BAPTIST CHRISTIANS don't already have IN FULL? Nuttin, of course. . .
    God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Originally posted by Morefish View Post
    Good - so got out and join us, and get folks saved.

Comment

Bob Carabbio replied
      12-15-18, 12:11 AM
      Good - so got out and join us, and get folks saved.
      We BAPTISTS have been doing that for almost a hundred years in my own congregation. So what 'new' thing do YOU have to offer?

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Well...actually fellowship unstinted...When you build a wall or a fence, you're not offering much along those lines.
        Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

when one says, "I am of Baptist." “I am of Paul,”
          and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?
          (1 Co 3:4).

That carnality is conformed
          by the superiority of this Baptist over Pentecostals.

Carry on with the abuse for that has been proven
          to be a sin for which the answer hasn't been understood.

Every post this superior Baptist makes is a testament
          of not being able to overcome persistent sin.

Sir, I don't want to be a part of that BAD NEWS.

Comment

We BAPTISTS have been doing that for almost a hundred years in my own congregation. So what 'new' thing do YOU have to offer?
            Sigh...Fishy, the only "new" thing anyone has to offer is themselves to His service...and we come to Him according to His teaching which he faithfully provided by His Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth Who has taught us according to His promise...this is what all Christians have everywhere in common.

BTW...congratulations for your extraordinary assembly that has been so faithful for so long. That is indeed remarkable.
            Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

I thank God for the Baptists. It was a Baptist pastor who went door-to-door on Saturdays seeking the lost who wound up getting a man and wife saved. She later received the baptism of the Holy Spirit in a tent revival, and he receive it during a prayer service in that Baptist church. Several years later God directed them to a AoG church where he became a pastor. While there, God told him to go to Pastor Hagin's Rhema Bible Training College. After that he was directed to start a church at its current location, of which I'm a member.
              Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

BTW...congratulations for your extraordinary assembly that has been so faithful for so long. That is indeed remarkable.
                Westboro Baptists are known for their inflammatory hate speech.

Morefish

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Morefish
                  I'm not thinking Fishy is talking Wesboro...they haven't claims to 100 year old faithfulness...Fishy's church is making waves and bringing them in! It's an amazing claim. One hundred years.
                  Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Morefish

I'm not thinking Fishy is talking Wesboro...they haven't claims to 100 year old faithfulness...Fishy's church is making waves and bringing them in! It's an amazing claim. One hundred years.
                    Their inflammatory hate speech is the same.

Comment

Sigh...Fishy, the only "new" thing anyone has to offer is themselves to His service...and we come to Him according to His teaching which he faithfully provided by His Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth Who has taught us according to His promise...this is what all Christians have everywhere in common.

No, that is GOD at work

Comment

No, that is GOD at work
                        Huh? So it's not remarkable? I think God's work is remarkable...imagine a fellowship that has lasted one hundred years in faithful proclamation of a gospel like this one...free from hypocrisy and pride, and drawing all other churches to their historic light and consistency!

You must have a huge building!
                        Pete

Comment

Huh? So it's not remarkable? I think God's work is remarkable...imagine a fellowship that has lasted one hundred years in faithful proclamation of a gospel like this one...free from hypocrisy and pride, and drawing all other churches to their historic light and consistency!

You must have a huge building!
                          YOU claim that it is not remarkable. I have never made such a claim. Not one word ever said anything about hypocrisy or pride, or anything of the sort. You are talking nonsense.

Comment

YOU claim that it is not remarkable. I have never made such a claim. Not one word ever said anything about hypocrisy or pride, or anything of the sort. You are talking nonsense.
                            I said, "That is remarkable."

You said, "No...it is just God at work."

And I would hope I'm not talking nonsense. Your claim is that your century old fellowship has been "doing that for almost 100 years..." and the antecedent for 'that' was "...go out and get folks saved..."

If you've been doing just that alone, without stint or kerfuffle, you're to be congratulated.

Go ahead and insult me, my friend. It seems to be part of your religion as well...here's hoping that y'all haven't been doing that for one hundred years.
                            Pete

Comment

........... lasted one hundred years in faithful proclamation of a gospel like this one...
                              How presumptuous, when no scriptural principles were used
                              in the compilation of their imported Roman Canon.

the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk
                              with the wine of
                              the harlot's fornication (Rev 17:2).

Comment

Working...
                              X