Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What does pentecostalism have to offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post
    Here is another one who qualifies to be a member of Westboro Baptist:
    I'm gett'in too OLD to carry an offensive sign (about stuff that I'm not offended by to begin with)!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zVVR2nCdEw

Comment

Bob Carabbio replied
      12-22-18, 04:19 PM
      Originally posted by Morefish View Post
      We BAPTISTS have been doing that for almost a hundred years in my own congregation. So what 'new' thing do YOU have to offer?
      (Chuckle) a better attitude, probably.
      According to WHO? YOU? It figures.
      God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

(Chuckle) a better attitude, probably.
        Here is another one who qualifies to be a member of Westboro Baptist:

the only issue is your "Angel of light's" silly interpretation that he's feeding you.

According to your "Angel of Light"". But he's leading you into DEEP error.
        This abuse is due to the deception,
        that faith in 66 books is needed for salvation.

Talk about ADDING to the word of God.

I'm gett'in too OLD to carry an offensive sign!!
        Unable to teach on salvation .....................

Does ANYBODY REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT ALL WORKS??
        ............. which has been confirmed.

Comment

This abuse is due to the deception, that faith in 66 books is needed for salvation.
          PSST!! You don't need "Faith in 66 books" to be saved, and we both know that's YOUR (your Angel of Light's) Fantasy, not mine!!

You don't even have to know how many books there are, and you don't have to have ever ever READ the Bible to be saved by FAITH. You were aware that God GIFTS People with saving Faith when HE Convicts 'em of their SIN weren't you????

When you've been Born Again of the Spirit, THEN you can really start LEARNING about God.

Comment

PSST!! You don't need "Faith in 66 books" to be saved, and we both know that's YOUR (your Angel of Light's) Fantasy, not mine!!

You don't even have to know how many books there are, and you don't have to have ever ever READ the Bible to be saved by FAITH. You were aware that God GIFTS People with saving Faith when HE Convicts 'em of their SIN weren't you????
            All the abuse has been for nothing,
            if faith in 66 books wasn't needed for salvation.

When you've been Born Again of the Spirit, THEN you can really start LEARNING about God.
            More hypocrisy.

Comment

All the abuse has been for nothing, if faith in 66 books wasn't needed for salvation.
              (chuckle!!) Objecting to the IDIOTIC PRACTICE of throwing the WORD OF GOD under the bus, because of "Cherry picked" verses that you never understood to begin with, isn't "For nothing" at all!!!

It's for YOUR GOOD to bring you back to the truth, and discredit your "Angel of Light's" satanic input, and to let anybody who monitors these "Exchanges" know how utterly RIDICULOUS your personal theology is.

Seems like it's a worthwhile effort to point out the DANGER of your Biblical mutilations, and that of OTHERS equally deceived by their satanic guides.

Simple as that.

Comment

All the abuse has been for nothing,
                if faith in that 66 books wasn't needed for salvation.

(chuckle!!) Objecting to the IDIOTIC PRACTICE of throwing the WORD OF GOD under the bus, because of "Cherry picked" verses that you never understood to begin with, isn't "For nothing" at all!!!

It's for YOUR GOOD to bring you back to the truth, and discredit your "Angel of Light's" satanic input, and to let anybody who monitors these "Exchanges" know how utterly RIDICULOUS your personal theology is.

Seems like it's a worthwhile effort to point out the DANGER of your Biblical mutilations, and that of OTHERS equally deceived by their satanic guides.

Simple as that.
                Another rant about that faith in 66 books for salvation is required,
                which resulted in more abuse.

The question remains unanswered which was:

Which scriptural principles were used in the compilation of the Roman Canon?

I take that as a negative reply. .

Last edited by Conqueror; 12-22-18, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Except that IF YOU WERE HONEST, you'd also point out that I said: "PSST!! You don't need "Faith in 66 books" to be saved"

So how is it a RANT about what I didn't say, and, in fact, said the OPPOSITE OF??

Comment

Except that IF YOU WERE HONEST, you'd also point out that I said: "PSST!! You don't need "Faith in 66 books" to be saved"
                    I have been abused for rejecting a number of books.

(chuckle!!) Objecting to the IDIOTIC PRACTICE of throwing the WORD OF GOD under the bus ..........
                    Are you saying that the faith in the 66 books
                    is required for salvation
                    and if not why the emotional outbursts?

I went to Mass there several times, and it's AMAZING what the Mass turns into when The Holy Spirit is ministering,

Swallow a wafer for the taking of that placebo
                    has a beneficial effect on the emotions
                    of those who are impressed by RCism.

Comment

Their inflammatory hate speech is the same.

So you tell falsehoods by sticking an '@' before my name and pretend I made a statement I never made?

Your slander tells us a lot about you.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Westboro Baptists are known for their inflammatory hate speech.

Morefish

So you tell falsehoods by sticking an '@' before my name and pretend I made a statement I never made?

Your slander tells us a lot about you.
                        That is your interpretation.

The slander is the persistent sin.

Comment

That is your interpretation.

The slander is the persistent sin.
                          FALSE, of course. That is YOUR interpretation of my interpretation.

And as usual, you don't know what you are talking about. . .

Comment

FALSE, of course. That is YOUR interpretation of my interpretation.

And as usual, you don't know what you are talking about. . .
                            Still slandering like Westboro Baptists do.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

I said, "That is remarkable."

You said, "No...it is just God at work."

And I would hope I'm not talking nonsense. Your claim is that your century old fellowship has been "doing that for almost 100 years..." and the antecedent for 'that' was "...go out and get folks saved..."

If you've been doing just that alone, without stint or kerfuffle, you're to be congratulated.

Go ahead and insult me, my friend. It seems to be part of your religion as well...here's hoping that y'all haven't been doing that for one hundred years.
                              Some folks HAVE to keep fighting even when you agree with 'em!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

I said, "That is remarkable."

You said, "No...it is just God at work."

And I would hope I'm not talking nonsense. Your claim is that your century old fellowship has been "doing that for almost 100 years..." and the antecedent for 'that' was "...go out and get folks saved..."

If you've been doing just that alone, without stint or kerfuffle, you're to be congratulated.

[Who ever said 'alone?' Not me. We CHRISTIANS have been leading folks to Jesus for almost 2,000 YEARS now. YOU ought to try it! ]

Go ahead and insult me, my friend. It seems to be part of your religion as well...here's hoping that y'all haven't been doing that for one hundred years.
                                If you are 'insulted' by the fact that we CHRISTIANS have been spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ for far LONGER than just the last one hundred years, I pity you.

YOU INSULT ME much more than I could ever insult you. I present the scriptures; you are insulted. I present Jesus' teachings to you, you are insulted. YOU are responsible for YOUR REACTIONS to the Truth. The problem is YOURS; YOU choose to take offense.

The TRUTH is that my own congregation has existed for about 100 years now and spreads the gospel of Jesus Christ.
                                Because we are saved sinners, we sometimes fall short. That is why Jesus allowed Himself to be crucified to death on the cross, to pay for our sins. If all of that 'offends' you, I am sorry for you.

NO 'congratulations' are due to me. GOD gets the glory. Neither YOU NOR I can save anyone, ONLY HE CAN.

Sorry if you choose to be 'offended' or 'insulted.'

EVEN JESUS offended sometimes, like when he said:

Matt 23:27-28
                                "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.
                                NKJV

Would THAT NOT offend YOU if Jesus were talking TO YOU?

(Or WAS HE?. . .)

Comment

Working...
                                X