Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What does pentecostalism have to offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morefish View Post

IYOU INSULT ME much more than I could ever insult you.
    Thanks for admitting that your speech
    toward that Pentecostal isn't seasoned with salt

Planning to REPENT?

The 2 end-time prophets will preach a return to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets to those, who are intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding tares to the word of God
    Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

Why all the hate against pentecostals?

Comment

Pete: "If you've been doing just that alone, without stint or kerfuffle, you're to be congratulated."

Fish: "Who ever said 'alone?' Not me. We CHRISTIANS have been leading folks to Jesus for almost 2,000 YEARS now. YOU ought to try it! ]"

It's remarkable how you read posts, Fish...and what you presume.

If you are 'insulted' by the fact that we CHRISTIANS have been spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ for far LONGER than just the last one hundred years, I pity you.

YOU INSULT ME much more than I could ever insult you. I present the scriptures; you are insulted. I present Jesus' teachings to you, you are insulted. YOU are responsible for YOUR REACTIONS to the Truth. The problem is YOURS; YOU choose to take offense.

The TRUTH is that my own congregation has existed for about 100 years now and spreads the gospel of Jesus Christ.
        Because we are saved sinners, we sometimes fall short. That is why Jesus allowed Himself to be crucified to death on the cross, to pay for our sins. If all of that 'offends' you, I am sorry for you.

NO 'congratulations' are due to me. GOD gets the glory. Neither YOU NOR I can save anyone, ONLY HE CAN.

Sorry if you choose to be 'offended' or 'insulted.'

EVEN JESUS offended sometimes, like when he said:
        Do you want to show me where I'm insulted while I'm congratulating you, and appreciating publicly your century-old success at spreading the gospel in spite of your false doctrines and presumptions and presuppositions?

You cannot insult me. Error isn't insulting. But, given your amazing century of faithful service, you deserve that your many errors be addressed. That's all.
        Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
          One poster doesn't make a majority...and one's history shows well what can be expected from that poster.
          Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

One poster doesn't make a majority...and one's history shows well what can be expected from that poster.
            You are correct sir.

Comment

Because their tongues are false and many of their doctrines are Antichristian. Most of them think if you curse Jesus to boiling excrement, your DNA changes and you become a child of God. If anyone is speaking through a Pentecostal, it's the Devil, because God is not the author of gibberish nor of demonic doctrine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruk View Post

Because their tongues are false and many of their doctrines are Antichristian. Most of them think if you curse Jesus to boiling excrement, your DNA changes and you become a child of God. If anyone is speaking through a Pentecostal, it's the Devil, because God is not the author of gibberish nor of demonic doctrine.
                Can you provide scripture that states "Pentecostal" tongues are false? Can you provide the Antichristian doctrines of Pentecostals?

I have never heard of them thinking what your second sentence claims, can you explain?

If you are wrong concerning your last sentence, isn't that real blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?

Comment

Because their tongues are false and many of their doctrines are Antichristian. Most of them think if you curse Jesus to boiling excrement, your DNA changes and you become a child of God.
                  Boy did I have you pegged wrong.

What a sad statement to post publicly...
                  If anyone is speaking through a Pentecostal, it's the Devil, because God is not the author of gibberish nor of demonic doctrine.
                  You didn't even want to be careful...I would have urged more caution.

It's always easy to judge what you cannot possibly know from a world away. It's never advisable. I'm so sorry.
                  Pete

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post
                    Boy did I have you pegged wrong.

What a sad statement to post publicly...

You didn't even want to be careful...I would have urged more caution.

It's always easy to judge what you cannot possibly know from a world away. It's never advisable. I'm so sorry.
                    Rejection of Jesus and following a book that curses Jesus to boiling excrement is makes someone a Jew, today. Dispensationalists claim that Jews have a certain DNA making them children of God. Therefor, cursing Jesus to boiling excrement changes the DNA of the covert, making those who reject Christ divine.

Yeah, it's stupid and demonic, but it's Pentecostals believe, not me. Tongues is of the Devil. If this were not so, you could refute me.

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Their inflammatory hate speech is the same.
                      Westboro's hate speech is the same as whose? Yours?.

Since I do not hate you or anyone else, you cannot be speaking of me.
                      Are you speaking of the Apostle Paul, or even Jesus when they spoke against those who tried to put burdens on others to make themselves look good?
                      God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Can you provide scripture that states "Pentecostal" tongues are false?

[ Can YOU provide scripture that states that "oneness pentecostal" ANYTHING is BIBLICAL?

Can YOU provide scripture that states 'pentecostal so-called 'tongues' ARE Biblical tongues? ]

Can you provide the Antichristian doctrines of Pentecostals?

[ So-called 'slain in the spirit' nonsense, 'holy laughter' The 'Toronto Experience' so-called 'tongues' Need more? ]

. . .isn't that real blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?
                        No, it is not.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Rejection of Jesus and following a book that curses Jesus to boiling excrement is makes someone a Jew, today. Dispensationalists claim that Jews have a certain DNA making them children of God. Therefor, cursing Jesus to boiling excrement changes the DNA of the covert, making those who reject Christ divine.

Yeah, it's stupid and demonic, but it's Pentecostals believe, not me. Tongues is of the Devil. If this were not so, you could refute me.
                          I dont think Pentecostals believe what you claim they believe. Jesus said the believer will speak with tongues.

Comment

No, it is not.
                            The things you mention are not doctrines of Pentecostals. If you would like to know what Pentecostals believe you should ask one.

Comment

You must know some strange Jews who read strange books...Or...you don't know anyone and you sling this at strangers like a critic...

Um....I've been pentecostal since 1970, and I've worked successively and productively with Christians of all ilk in dozens of countries on four continents, and I've never met a single one who thinks like you accuse them of thinking...

Refute you?

Won't try. I leave you stuck with your opinion...and the judgement that we'll all face shortly. I'd be careful to whom I'm spreading this farming material...but I don't suspect you'll accept my suggestion.
                              Pete

Comment

Apostolic1ness replied
                                04-15-19, 06:45 AM
                                No, it is not.
                                The things you mention are not doctrines of Pentecostals. If you would like to know what Pentecostals believe you should ask one.
                                YOU MUST MEAN they are not things YOU yourself believe.

After all, NOBODY BUT PENTECOSTALS seem to DO THOSE THINGS. Junk like:
                                the toronto experience
                                'slain in the spirit'
                                'holy laughter'

WHOSE JUNK DO YOU THINK THAT JUNK IS? OBVIOUSLY we CHRISTIAN BAPTISTS don't do it. So WHO BESIDES MODERN-DAY "PENTECOSTALS" DO IT?

Comment

Working...
                                X