Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The gifts of the Holy Spirit are a farce according to the author of 1 Timothy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post
    Really...

Funny thing is, a linguist knows the etymology of "spirit" and "inspired"...same root. If it's the Spirit, by definition it's inspired. If it's not...why do you even bother to seek to justify the claim with falsified semantics. Either the Spirit is active, in which case He's still infusing with his breath (again...spirit and breath are synonymous in both Greek and Hebrew)...or He's gone, and we're on our own, using what we claim to be guidance, but what clearly amounts to all kinds of blundering false bravado, and strange doctrines. and pompous peevishness.

That carnal philosophy has been adequate enough
    to prove that the linguist is not guided,
    but that he thinks to be inspired by the Holy Spirit.

those who desire an opportunity to be regarded
    just as we
    (the apostles) are in the things of which they boast.
    ....... are false apostles
    (2 Co 11:12-13).

The abuse merely confirms,
    that I was correct in my discernment.

No need for the two prophets (Rev 11) to correct the born-again, if they weren't intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets.
    Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post
      The gifts of the Holy Spirit are a farce according to the author of 1 Timothy.
      AND JUST WHEN YOU KNOW IT CAN'T GET ANY MORE INSANE -

The theology of 'one Mediator' means, that there can be no manifestations of the Holy Spirit.
      IT DOES!!!!!

Your satanic "Angel of light" has outdone himself on one on this one, y'all

His argument here, is the equivalent of: "The windshield on my car is dirty, and THAT MEANS that I'll have to paint my neighbor's Aardvark purple"!!!

And I've got a feeling, they you actually believe this silliness!!! BUT HEY!!! it's still entertaining.

Comment

The theology of 'one Mediator' means,
        that there can be no manifestations of the Holy Spirit.

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Manifestations of the Holy Spirit come through the mediation of the Holy Spirit.

For there is one God and one Mediator
        between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus
        (1 Tim 2:5).

Last edited by Conqueror; 01-07-19, 12:54 AM.
        No need for the two prophets (Rev 11) to correct the born-again, if they weren't intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets.

Comment

Manifestations of the Holy Spirit come through the mediation of the Holy Spirit.
          Learn the difference between "Mediation", and "Empowerment", and you won't look so ridiculous!!!!

You DO speak English as a first language don't you?????

Comment

The theology of 'one Mediator' means,
            that there can be no manifestations of the Holy Spirit.

Learn the difference between "Mediation", and "Empowerment", and you won't look so ridiculous!!!!

You DO speak English as a first language don't you?????

Manifestations are of the Holy Spirit,
            not a believer being empowered.

That empowering if true
            would still be the mediation of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited by Conqueror; 01-07-19, 01:03 AM.

Comment

That carnal philosophy has been adequate enough
              to prove that the linguist is not guided,
              but that he thinks to be inspired by the Holy Spirit.

those who desire an opportunity to be regarded
              just as we
              (the apostles) are in the things of which they boast.
              ....... are false apostles
              (2 Co 11:12-13).

The abuse merely confirms,
              that I was correct in my discernment.

Your response merely echoes what you know to be true..."...everyone did what seemed right in his own eyes."

Doesn't really matter though. You again missed the point...and for you...there is clearly no inspiration. Not even from your misguided but uninspired angel of "light".
              Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

Your response merely echoes what you know to be true..."...everyone did what seemed right in his own eyes."

Doesn't really matter though. You again missed the point...and for you...there is clearly no inspiration. Not even from your misguided but uninspired angel of "light".
                I wasn't expecting proper apologetics.

Paul cannot have written about one mediator in 1 Timothy.

A mediator may be spoken of in a number of different ways,
                often idiomatically, for example,
                ‘one who stands in the middle,’ ‘one who speaks to both
                [Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996)].

the Spirit Himself makes intercession
                for us with groanings which cannot be uttered
                (Rom 8:26).

Comment

Working...
                X