Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why don't Pentecostal churches have Dispensationalism in their statements of faith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't Pentecostal churches have Dispensationalism in their statements of faith?

Dispensationalism, the doctrine that Anti-christian Talmudists are God's people and that Christianity is a separate, and secondary, path (dispensation) to God, is often not, or not clearly, stated in the statements of faith of Pentecostal churches. Yet, in many Pentecostal churches, their every sermon promotes the false doctrine of Dispensationalism.

Here, for example, is the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith. This looks like a relatively recent revision, recently adding, "This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel." There's no use of the words "jews" or "rapture". There's a blurb about "national Israel" (followers of and converts to Talmudism are assumed to be reborn with Abraham's DNA) being saved in the millennium (not the tribulation), which is the closest this cult gets to confessing its false doctrine of Dispensationalism.

The purpose of a statement of faith is for a church to establish their most important doctrines, and also to show their position in major areas of controversy. But, Pentecostal churches, like other false cults, tend to ignore their cultish doctrines in their statements of faith. Even the one sentence they have makes them look like unchristian idiots, right?

Originally posted by Ruk View Post
    Why don't Pentecostal churches have Dispensationalism in their statements of faith?
    Because it's not really impotant enought to bother with.

The purpose of a statement of faith is for a church to establish their most important doctrines
    You got THAT right!!!

, and also to show their position in major areas of controversy.
    Which dispensationalism, in the final analysis, is nothing but unimportant "Background noise", so why should we other with it???

But, Pentecostal churches, like other false cults, tend to ignore their cultish doctrines in their statements of faith. Even the one sentence they have makes them look like unchristian idiots, right?
    Obviously to YOU it does, which is totally unimportant also. But that's actually a Baptist teaching that I learned 56 years in the SBC (along with the "Ice Shield" theory).

The simple FACT is that "Eschatology" is just another term for "RANK SPECULATION".
    Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 01-31-19, 08:58 PM.

Comment

The purpose of a statement of faith is for a church to establish their most important doctrines, ............
      A self-centred statement of faith is what they believe,
      which may not be the word of God.

Therefore there is no Godly purpose for statements of faith.

The Pentecostal basher is just as guilty,
      for his whole religion is based on the fact
      that he believes in the Roman Canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Obviously to YOU it does. But that's actually a Baptist teaching that I learned 56 years in the SBC (along with the "Ice Shield" theory).

The simple FACT is that "Eschatology" is just another term for "RANK SPECULATION".
        Baptists are not Pentecostals. Baptists traditionally aren't Dispsenationalists, even though they've been heavily infected in recent decades. The SBC doesn't have any resolutions reflecting Dispensationalism until the 1990s, so your 56-years-ago experience was rather unrepresentative of the SBC. And, now the Dispensationalists appear to have lost power in the SBC (yeah, no more demonic warmongering-for-Israel resolutions!). But, Pentecostal churches are Dispensationalist like white on rice. The just leave their demonic worship of Antichrist to their services without mentioning it in their statements of faith.

There is no fact that eschatology is rank speculation. That's your opinion, and it's a rather poor opinion, but if you grew up under the shadow of demonic dispensationalism, I can see how you would think eschatology is rank speculation. It's not the least speculative that Christ's eschatology prophesies in the Oliviet discourse were fulfilled in 70AD. The meaning of "this generation" is simple and straight forward. But, Dispensations reject the meaning of "this generation" and rank speculate about what it must mean, if not literally "this generation". Does it mean a future generation when all these evens take place? Does it mean the race of Jews? Their speculation is rank nonsense and lies.

Comment

Baptists are not Pentecostals. Baptists traditionally aren't Dispsenationalists, even though they've been heavily infected in recent decades. The SBC doesn't have any resolutions reflecting Dispensationalism until the 1990s, so your 56-years-ago experience was rather unrepresentative of the SBC. And, now the Dispensationalists appear to have lost power in the SBC (yeah, no more demonic warmongering-for-Israel resolutions!). But, Pentecostal churches are Dispensationalist like white on rice. The just leave their demonic worship of Antichrist to their services without mentioning it in their statements of faith.

There is no fact that eschatology is rank speculation. That's your opinion, and it's a rather poor opinion, but if you grew up under the shadow of demonic dispensationalism, I can see how you would think eschatology is rank speculation. It's not the least speculative that Christ's eschatology prophesies in the Oliviet discourse were fulfilled in 70AD. The meaning of "this generation" is simple and straight forward. But, Dispensations reject the meaning of "this generation" and rank speculate about what it must mean, if not literally "this generation". Does it mean a future generation when all these evens take place? Does it mean the race of Jews? Their speculation is rank nonsense and lies.
          Seems I sense a certain dislike of "Full Gospel" Christians here (chuckle).

Comment

Seems I sense a certain dislike of "Full Gospel" Christians here (chuckle).
            But, the Full Gospel Businessmen dinners are good. Ironically, my personal experiences with Pentecostals is very positive, aside from their teaching. While on topic, here'e FGBMFI statement of faith. Don't bother following the link. It's just to point out there's not a hint of Dispsensationalism in their Full Gospel Businessmen's statement of faith, not even so little as the AoG's doctrine that the Jews will be saved in the millennium.

Comment

Ironically, my personal experiences with Pentecostals is very positive, aside from their teaching.
              Pentecostals are being conformed to the image of the the Lord Jesus ........

You're a ******** cultist full of unorthodox views.
              ......... which isn't applicable to the Pentecostal basher,
              who cannot see that their teaching has an application in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Pentecostal leaders are guilty of moral failings and heresies at a greater rate than the general Christian population. Where's the conforming?

Why don't Pentecostal churches include dispensationalism in their statements of faith?

We know you're in a cult, by the standards of most Pentecostals. Go ahead and name it. If their teaching is true, you should want to raise their profile, instead of hiding it.

Comment

Dispensationalism, the doctrine that Anti-christian Talmudists are God's people and that Christianity is a separate, and secondary, path (dispensation) to God, is often not, or not clearly, stated in the statements of faith of Pentecostal churches. Yet, in many Pentecostal churches, their every sermon promotes the false doctrine of Dispensationalism.

Here, for example, is the Assemblies of God Statement of Faith. This looks like a relatively recent revision, recently adding, "This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel." There's no use of the words "jews" or "rapture". There's a blurb about "national Israel" (followers of and converts to Talmudism are assumed to be reborn with Abraham's DNA) being saved in the millennium (not the tribulation), which is the closest this cult gets to confessing its false doctrine of Dispensationalism.

The purpose of a statement of faith is for a church to establish their most important doctrines, and also to show their position in major areas of controversy. But, Pentecostal churches, like other false cults, tend to ignore their cultish doctrines in their statements of faith. Even the one sentence they have makes them look like unchristian idiots, right?
                  You answered the question yourself, my friend: "The purpose of a statement of faith is for a church to establish their most important doctrines." Conjecture, which is the sole method of eschatology anyway, is not that important.

Further in this thread, you say "Baptists are traditionally not dispensationalists..." Baptists for one hundred years relied on Scofield for enlightenment...and it was from his group that the doctrine of the rapture emerged. I know of a Baptist pastor who began every sermon with, "Now ah want y'all to open your bahbles do page 1271, and we're gonna start today's message with note 3c." He preached from Scofield's notes.
                  Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

But, the Full Gospel Businessmen dinners are good. Ironically, my personal experiences with Pentecostals is very positive, aside from their teaching. While on topic, here'e FGBMFI statement of faith. Don't bother following the link. It's just to point out there's not a hint of Dispsensationalism in their Full Gospel Businessmen's statement of faith, not even so little as the AoG's doctrine that the Jews will be saved in the millennium.
                    As a past president of a FGBMFI Chapter in Ohio, I agree about the dinners. Our Breakfasts were good also, and I experienced the "Baptism in the Holy Spirit" after one. The FGBMFI, of course was NOT RELATED to the Assemblies of God, who were quite OPPOSED to it (and the Charismatic outpouring as a whole) at the time.

THE OTHER ISSUE was that the Charismatic outpouring (1962-1979 or so) WAS NOT A DOCTRINAL TIME at all. "Professional denominational theologians" complained that "theology" for charismatics has become "God told me". which was in many cases true, and also the reason the Charismatics didn't "Denominationalize" the way the historic Pentecostals did. Roman Catholics flowed together with Baptists, Lutherans, etc. because the doctrinal fences came down.

Consequently "Background Noise" issues - like RItualism, dispensationalism, dietary issues, "precious denominational doctrines, "Clothesline Holiness", consumption of alcohol, etc. just went out the window - ECLIPSED BY the tangible presence of the Holy Spirit.

And then, of course the "Outpouring" ended in the late '70s, and in the '80s millions of "Charismatics" flowed into the Assemblies of God changing it RADICALLY. Those that didn't became the "Charismatic Movement", and didn't form "denominations", the visible churches tending to remain autonomous, and independent.

Comment

Ironically, my personal experiences with Pentecostals is very positive, aside from their teaching.

You're a ******** cultist full of unorthodox views.

Pentecostal leaders are guilty of moral failings and heresies at a greater rate than the general Christian population. Where's the conforming?
                      Pentecostals are in for a greater attack,
                      for they actually are in contact with the Father
                      through the indwelling Holy Spirit.
                      The posts of the Pentecostal basher are sufficient witness.

However there are a large number of prosperity teachers,
                      who produce miracles
                      and the undiscerning think that they are Pentecostals.

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ - Matthew 7:21-23

We know you're in a cult, by the standards of most Pentecostals. Go ahead and name it. If their teaching is true, you should want to raise their profile, instead of hiding it.
                      I have just explained that the commonly held opinions
                      about Pentecostals are wrong.
                      I have just raised their profile,
                      though I am not a Pentecostal myself.

Your opinion about me is totally worthless, for it is written;

If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not true (Jn 5:31).

Let that sink in.

Comment

Pentecostals are in for a greater attack,
                        So are child molesters. What's the name of your cult?

Comment

So are child molesters. What's the name of your cult?
                          Very few agree with the
                          CLEAR BINDING APOSTOLIC INSTRUCTIONS:
                          that you may learn in us
                          not to go BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN
                          (1 Cor 4:6)

by the foundational apostles and prophets (Eph 2:20).

Obedience to the word of God must be a problem
                          for the one who has appointed himself over me.
                          Tell the Lord Jesus openly that one doesn't care.

Comment

Obedience to the word of God must be a problem
                            for the one who has appointed himself over me.
                            Tell the Lord Jesus openly that one doesn't care.
                            Which religious organization shares your view of the canon?

Comment

As a past president of a FGBMFI Chapter in Ohio, I agree about the dinners. Our Breakfasts were good also, and I experienced the "Baptism in the Holy Spirit" after one. The FGBMFI, of course was NOT RELATED to the Assemblies of God, who were quite OPPOSED to it (and the Charismatic outpouring as a whole) at the time.

THE OTHER ISSUE was that the Charismatic outpouring (1962-1979 or so) WAS NOT A DOCTRINAL TIME at all. "Professional denominational theologians" complained that "theology" for charismatics has become "God told me". which was in many cases true, and also the reason the Charismatics didn't "Denominationalize" the way the historic Pentecostals did. Roman Catholics flowed together with Baptists, Lutherans, etc. because the doctrinal fences came down.

Consequently "Background Noise" issues - like RItualism, dispensationalism, dietary issues, "precious denominational doctrines, "Clothesline Holiness", consumption of alcohol, etc. just went out the window - ECLIPSED BY the tangible presence of the Holy Spirit.

And then, of course the "Outpouring" ended in the late '70s, and in the '80s millions of "Charismatics" flowed into the Assemblies of God changing it RADICALLY. Those that didn't became the "Charismatic Movement", and didn't form "denominations", the visible churches tending to remain autonomous, and independent.
                              With the proliferation of anti-charismatic literature from radio and televangelists like John MacArthur, the concept of cessationism took a grip on the movement as a whole, and brought fear to pastors who, when Jim Bakker etal fell, and Toronto and Pensecola, etc emerged, decided it was time to limit "in the spirit time" to approved moments that were staged and programmed, whereby the spontaneity was ordered and structured by the new microphone protocol of the mid-eighties: the pastor would decide if a word was "for the congregation" or for the ecstatic prophet alone, and would withhold permission all to speak without prior approval.

When I came back from overseas in 1987, after working in Europe, N. Africa and Israel, and joined self-described Pentecostal fellowships, I'd get words and understanding similar to the days before I went out. After speaking, there was a lull and a dull thud in the congregation...then the pastor would move on as if nothing had happened. There were no instructions in the new protocol...only an unspoken understanding. I asked an elder at the Word of Faith church I attended for eight years. There it was even more Draconian than elsewhere. You were not expected to approach the pastor unless he had a word of knowledge that you had a word...which he never did. The atmosphere became senses deadening, and life went on as if under the pall of a prescribed liturgy.

I never knew the Holy Spirit to be so willingly limited, and I watched Him withdraw...In thirty years, I've not seen a service that came close to resembling the surprising freedoms described in 1 Cor 14, as almost every service of the seventies and early eighties did.
                              Last edited by tbeachhead; 02-04-19, 08:11 AM.
                              Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Working...
                              X