Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why don't Pentecostal churches have Dispensationalism in their statements of faith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbeachhead View Post

With the proliferation of anti-charismatic literature from radio and televangelists like John MacArthur, the concept of cessationism took a grip on the movement as a whole, and brought fear to pastors who, when Jim Bakker etal fell, and Toronto and Pensecola, etc emerged, decided it was time to limit "in the spirit time" to approved moments that were staged and programmed, whereby the spontaneity was ordered and structured by the new microphone protocol of the mid-eighties: the pastor would decide if a word was "for the congregation" or for the ecstatic prophet alone, and would withhold permission all to speak without prior approval.

When I came back from overseas in 1987, after working in Europe, N. Africa and Israel, and joined self-described Pentecostal fellowships, I'd get words and understanding similar to the days before I went out. After speaking, there was a lull and a dull thud in the congregation...then the pastor would move on as if nothing had happened. There were no instructions in the new protocol...only an unspoken understanding. I asked an elder at the Word of Faith church I attended for eight years. There it was even more Draconian than elsewhere. You were not expected to approach the pastor unless he had a word of knowledge that you had a word...which he never did. The atmosphere became senses deadening, and life went on as if under the pall of a prescribed liturgy.

I never knew the Holy Spirit to be so willingly limited, and I watched Him withdraw...In thirty years, I've not seen a service that came close to resembling the surprising freedoms described in 1 Cor 14, as almost every service of the seventies and early eighties did.
    Same in our church (Crossroads AoG in Duncanville, TX) Before you can share any gift in the congregation, the pastors have to have "approved you" first. And an integral part of the 7-11 rock concert worship is time devoted to what they think is "Singing in the Spirit" which bears no resemblance to the REAL THING which I haven't experienced since '75.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Same in our church (Crossroads AoG in Duncanville, TX) Before you can share any gift in the congregation, the pastors have to have "approved you" first. And an integral part of the 7-11 rock concert worship is time devoted to what they think is "Singing in the Spirit" which bears no resemblance to the REAL THING which I haven't experienced since '75.
      I've talked with pastors who do this...It seems to be now how they've been trained. We threw courage to the wind, and have the control MacArthur bewailed as sorely lacking instead...Control by whom is the question that is no longer asked. My current pastor tells me to "post it on line..." where everyone can post any "encouraging" meme that amounts to spam on the page. It's not the same as telling the person unto whom the word is intended the answers to their longing.
      Pete

~(8-[)}<><===> (flames of new anointing, béret, non-prescription glasses to help critics and their ilk feel more secure, mustache, beard...and tie.) I serve a God who walked this earth, for thirty years before He did a single miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post
        Very few agree with the
        CLEAR BINDING APOSTOLIC INSTRUCTIONS:
        that you may learn in us
        not to go BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN
        (1 Cor 4:6)

by the foundational apostles and prophets (Eph 2:20).

Obedience to the word of God must be a problem
        for the one who has appointed himself over me.
        Tell the Lord Jesus openly that one doesn't care.

Originally posted by Ruk View Post

Which religious organization shares your view of the canon?
        The Lord Jesus is the author of my theology
        for it doesn't differ from the apostle Paul, whom He inspired.

Comment

Working...
        X