Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Question for the Catholics here regarding communion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freeman25 View Post

Hi Arch,
    But do you actually believe you consume the body of Christ?

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

This is an if then statement, If you eat …. Then you have eternal life. Since Catholics take this literally then eternal life must be literal. So why do Catholics die and are buried?

Thanks
    YES

Die of our earthly body and receive the Resurrection Body [1 Cor 15:35-44; 53]

Was there a specific doctrine/s that led you away from the Catholic Church? Thanks

1Jn 2:19; Jn 6:53

"...wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.” Ignatius-Antioch

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Stanton View Post

YES

Die of our earthly body and receive the Resurrection Body [1 Cor 15:35-44; 53]

Was there a specific doctrine/s that led you away from the Catholic Church? Thanks
      Ok we are making progress here. So if Jesus wasn't talking about physical life here what kind of eternal life was he talking about?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CatholicScripture View Post

Thanks for saying CONSECRATED, and thus refuting those who enjoy a cracker and grape juice at home, and think that is what St. Paul and the Apostles did.

I agree that Jesus didn't institute a SNACK TIME. Evangelicals, however, disagree.
        And you think the apostles passed out mass produced cross stamped wafers? Thats what the early church did? Then put the leftovers in a gold tabernacle and lock it away? No one in the first century did or believed what you currently do or believe. So much for the rcc being apostolic.
        Eph 5:11 And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them NASB

Comment

Was there a specific doctrine/s that led you away from the Catholic Church? Thanks[/I]
          Not a specific doctrine, the Catholic church preached (actually they didn't preach at all) a different gospel than that which I received.

I will say honestly that the Catholic church brought me to a knowledge of Jesus if not a relationship with Jesus.

Thanks for asking

Comment

Ok we are making progress here. So if Jesus wasn't talking about physical life here what kind of eternal life was he talking about?

Thanks
            Christ was talking about 'physical life' in regards to 'eating His flesh' [Eucharist] while on earth. Just like the manna of the OT, the Eucharist [NT]

Comment

Not a specific doctrine, the Catholic church preached (actually they didn't preach at all) a different gospel than that which I received.

I will say honestly that the Catholic church brought me to a knowledge of Jesus if not a relationship with Jesus.

Thanks for asking
              Are you saying you received a different gospel after the 40 years within the Catholic Church? Thanks

If so, how do you know which gospel is correct?

Comment

Christ was talking about 'physical life' in regards to 'eating His flesh' [Eucharist] while on earth. Just like the manna of the OT, the Eucharist [NT]

Nope the whole passage was about spiritual life and spiritual food, those who eat physical food (manna) died. The Spirit gives life, not food.

Thanks

Comment

Are you saying you received a different gospel after the 40 years within the Catholic Church? Thanks

For me also after 40 years.Yes the church teaches another Gospel. Only after you have a true conversion and become Born Again will you understand the things of God.

Without Love we are nothing more than noise makers.

Comment

Nope the whole passage was about spiritual life and spiritual food, those who eat physical food (manna) died. The Spirit gives life, not food.

Thanks
                    What are the odds the 'first echo' got it wrong in that short a span? thanks

Comment

1. Yes
                      2. John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Thanks

Comment

1. Yes
                        2. John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Thanks
                        Catholics are very familiar with that verse....

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...atholic-church

Comment

Well, we know the Catholic gospel of works is a different gospel because it's specifically "accursed" by Paul through the entire book of Galatians.....So we can rule it out.

Catechism 2068 "The council of Trent teaches that the ten commandments are obligatory for Christians and the justified man is still bound to keep them......so that all men may attain salvation through faith, baptism and the observance of the ten commandments."

Comment

Catholics are very familiar with that verse....

https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/ch...atholic-church
                            Then you understand where I'm coming from. It was the Spirit that delivered the gospel and led me away from the Catholic church and to my present church.

Thanks

Comment

Then you understand where I'm coming from. It was the Spirit that delivered the gospel and led me away from the Catholic church and to my present church.

Thanks
                              I do not understand....

One of the sections I sent to you shows how the Church could not fall into apostasy [Christ keeps his word...AMEN ]

Comment

I do not understand....

One of the sections I sent to you shows how the Church could not fall into apostasy [Christ keeps his word...AMEN ]
                                Hi Arch,

The church didn't fall into apostasy, the body of believers has continued since the time of the Apostles, regardless of any organization.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X