Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Our Lady, Queen of All Saints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

Mary is not the mother of the divine nature of Jesus..

That is the question here. She is the mother of the human nature of Jesus that also had a divine nature to which she contributed nothing.

Do you believe in a tribune God? Do you believe God is omnipresent?
    Did Mary give birth to a person or to a nature?
    Ubi Petrus, Ibi Ecclesia, Ibi Deus
    "Where Peter is, there is the Church, there is God."

Comment

• Originally posted by thatcatholicguy View Post

A PERSON, of course. But one, in spite of being ENTIRELY HUMAN, Didn't fall into sin LIKE EVERY OTHER HUMAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

A PERSON, of course. But one, in spite of being ENTIRELY HUMAN, Didn't fall into sin LIKE EVERY OTHER HUMAN.
        Of course, no one is advocating that Jesus fell into sin. Is this person God?

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeT View Post

I know St. Luke recorded Mary as the Mother of God. I thought you were once a BOOK only person, what happened? Is the BOOK too Catholic? The BOOK says Elisabeth exclaimed, the Mother of my God. [Cf. Luke 1:43] .

Example were "kyrios" means "Lord" when speaking of Jesus as Messias and God.

Mat 17:4
          Mat 20:30
          Mat 20:33

Jesus refers to God the Father as "kyrios"; Mat 11:25
          Was Jesus misrepresenting himself using "kyrios"; Mar 11:3
          Explain the "kyrios" saying to my "kyrios"; Mar 12:36
          Shorten the days "kyrios" Mar 13:20

You haven't convinced me, but I'm quite sure you'll continue in utter darkness - whereas Mary magnifies the Lord. oops I mean "kyrios"

JoeT
          Lord is not God ... No where is Mary called the Mother of theos (God )

God is spirit ..

Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

• Originally posted by Curious Joe View Post

That's rich - I'm "separating" the Trinity, yet you've "separated" the Trinity in your response several times.

And yes, it's interesting to consider how He was present both in Heaven while on Earth, and even more interesting to consider how He can be present today on Earth while in Heaven.

But once again it comes down to the same points.

Notice how the non-Catholic in this exchange has mentioned Mary once again, while the Catholic has focused on Christ.

Agreed - she gave birth to God the Son. Is God the Son any less God than the Father or the Holy Spirit?

Agreed - she gave birth to the Messiah. Was the Messiah not God the Son?

I'll ask again - was Christ not God at His birth?
            Christ is the second person of the Trinity ... the Son of God, ordained by the Father before the foundation of the earth .. The divinity of Christ had no mother ... only a Father. .

No one can comprehend the Trinity, but we do know that they are separate in function although they are one..

We do know that Christ was still a part of the trinity in heaven while He walked this earth.. the Trinity was complete in heaven when Jesus walked this earth

Jesus said God was spirit ...

When you go to communion do you receive the Father, theSon and the Holy Spirit?

Seeing Christ is still present on this earth, and indwells the saved.. what value is that cracker ( His flesh that had no father )

Mary is in my posts becausevthat is what this discussion is about..
            Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth ? Gal 4:16

Comment

• Originally posted by nan View Post

LOL. Stupid buzz words designed to defend the worship afforded to Mary.
              We never give more honor to Jesus than when we honor his Mother, and we honor her simply and solely to honor him all the more perfectly. We go to her only as a way leading to the goal we seek—Jesus, her Son.”................St. Louis Marie de Montfort.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

There are two different meanings in your authoritative catechism.

Give us this day our daily bread (Mt 6:11).

CCC2837 "Daily" (epiousios) ............... Taken literally (epi-ousios: "super-essential"),

CCC2837 "Daily" (epiousios) ............ this word is a pedagogical repetition of "this day,"

Either "daily" means a repetition of "this day"

or it means "super-essential"

Your wise men have created an oxymoron.
                Both cannot be correct.

Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

We never give more honor to Jesus than when we honor his Mother, and we honor her simply and solely to honor him all the more perfectly. We go to her only as a way leading to the goal we seek—Jesus, her Son.”................St. Louis Marie de Montfort.
                You have no credibility.
                The 2 end-time prophets will preach a return to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets to those, who are intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding tares to the word of God
                Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

• Originally posted by ramcam2 View Post

Louie was a Mary worshipping zealot. His writings are useful for lining the bottom of a bird cage or when training a puppy.

We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and molded by his truth … Charles Stanley

Comment

• Originally posted by Calsgal View Post

Christ is the second person of the Trinity ... the Son of God, ordained by the Father before the foundation of the earth .. The divinity of Christ had no mother ... only a Father. .

No one can comprehend the Trinity, but we do know that they are separate in function although they are one..

We do know that Christ was still a part of the trinity in heaven while He walked this earth.. the Trinity was complete in heaven when Jesus walked this earth

Jesus said God was spirit ...

When you go to communion do you receive the Father, theSon and the Holy Spirit?

Seeing Christ is still present on this earth, and indwells the saved.. what value is that cracker ( His flesh that had no father )

Mary is in my posts becausevthat is what this discussion is about..

Comment

Don't be ridiculous.

The Mother of God had triplets.

The 2 end-time prophets will preach a return to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets to those, who are intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding tares to the word of God

Comment

Of course, no one is advocating that Jesus fell into sin. Is this person God?
                        (chuckle) well - he's the physical INCARNATION of the WORD who was with God, and who WAS God (John 1). It's in the Bible that the FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD dwells in HIM bodily. (col 2:9)

Does ANYBODY REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW IT ALL WORKS??

No.

SImple as that.

Comment

No.
                          Quite an admission !!!

Comment

(chuckle) well - he's the physical INCARNATION of the WORD who was with God, and who WAS God (John 1). It's in the Bible that the FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD dwells in HIM bodily. (col 2:9)

No.

SImple as that.
                            Well, if this person is God and Mary gave birth to this person ... then Mary is the mother of God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

Quite an admission !!!
                              Not an "admission" at all. GOD says He's (In total) beyond our understanding, his ways ARE HIGHER than our ways, His Thoughts ARE HIGHER than our thoughts - Higher than the Heavens are from the earth (Isa 55:8,9). And I'm in agreement with Him. It would be foolish to be otherwise. I don't remember if you've tossed Isaiah too, as being garbage.

Comment

Not an "admission" at all. GOD says He's (In total) beyond our understanding, his ways ARE HIGHER than our ways, His Thoughts ARE HIGHER than our thoughts - Higher than the Heavens are from the earth (Isa 55:8,9). And I'm in agreement with Him. It would be foolish to be otherwise. I don't remember if you've tossed Isaiah too, as being garbage.
                                Isaiah is foundational like the apostles (Eph 2:20).

Please don't make false accusations about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X